• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Interview Question pls

mejemeje

Registered Users (C)
Pls can someone help me with this question, 'what are you going to do in U.S' Generally we all know going to USis to go and make money, one can not say this to CO definitely, pls am asking the house how one answer this question correctly. Thanks.

Let me add this, my wife is the principal applicant, works in a microfinance bank, a graduate of business administration, i also works in a similar industry with same qualification. Pls how do we answer this question, 'what are u going to do in US'
thanks once again

Pls can someone help me with this question, 'what are you going to do in U.S' Generally we all know going to USis to go and make money, one can not say this to CO definitely, pls am asking the house how one answer this question correctly. Thanks.

well CO already knows that you will want to get a job and make money, no need to tell him that. What he/she wants to know is what kind of job you will be looking for and wether you will be able to do that.

Thanks so much, i will also like to know when i will be current. Thanks again

Your CN of 8000 will definitely be current in November becos Case Nos below 7000 were current in October and also going by last year estimate, CN below 10000 were current in November 2010. Let's wait for the new visa bulletin for oct that will be released by 15th of sept. Thanks.

Thanks so much, i will also like to know when i will be current. Thanks again

The visa bulletin for OCtober, 2011 was released yesterday. I found out that case numbers in the range of 13000 for Africa and 10000 for Nigeria will be current in November. So definitely your case number of 8000 will be current in November and interview date will be communicate online in about 4-6 weeks to interview.

God is good, got 2nl today dated 14/09/2011

the visa bulletin for october, 2011 was released yesterday. I found out that case numbers in the range of 13000 for africa and 10000 for nigeria will be current in november. So definitely your case number of 8000 will be current in november and interview date will be communicate online in about 4-6 weeks to interview.

god is good, got 2nl today dated 14/09/2011, cant stop appreciating jesus for what he is doing in our life

@firi pls what are the likely question at the interview, will appreciate ur inputs. we are going to interview as married, got married before applying. we did our registry september, 2010 we applied on the 16th october, 2010. my wife is a principal winner, we both have b.sc and are working, though not with good pay. We need ur contributions thanks

I think it is quite unwise to solicit answer to that question here on the forum. If you take any of the answers from here and the consul asks some additional questions (to verify your claim), what will you do? Will you say to the consul "sorry,...could I just quickly log on to the internet and post your question on the forum and get back to you?"....

:D

Think carefully what you what to do, and be honest about it to the consul. There's no harm in being honest; but if you are caught fabricating responses you could end up loosing your visa.

thanks for ur concerned my bro. i asked the question to know the opinion of pple abt such question.

thanks for ur concerned my bro. i asked the question to know the opinion of pple abt such question.

From the forums I have been frequenting, it can be concluded that commonly asked questions vary among consular offices. I would suggest looking through the "DV20xx winners from Nigeria meet here" threads if you are not frequenting them already.

Just as an example, my friend went to consular in Almaty, Kazakhsatan. some of the qestions that he was asked were:

did you file your DV yourself, or did someone else help you apply?
what is your current occupation?
what are your plans once you arrive to US? what do yo plan to do?
who is the individual you had indicated in your forms? Will you be staying with her? and etc...

the whole interview for him lasted 3-5 minutes. He was the principle applicant and his wife and 3 children followed him. His wife was not questioned.

Financial documents are also important. They did not ask my friend anything about his financials. However, they did take his bank statement with over $50K in his account.

Sorry, but as I mentioned I am not quite familiar with how the interview goes in Nigeria.