• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv interview in Ankara, Turkey, need help

Omahdini

Registered Users (C)
Hellow everyone
İ had my interview on the 4th sept 2014 in the US embassy of Ankara, Turkey.

The officer questions:

Why u want to go to the US?
Will u quit ur med school here if u get the visa?
When will u travel if u get the visa?

He checked all my doc. and nothing was missing.
Then he told me that he needs to do couple of check ups and contact my school to confirm that i m a real med student there!!
I asked him do i need to worry.
He told me no worries.

So guys what do you think?

Hellow everyone
İ had my interview on the 4th sept 2014 in the US embassy of Ankara, Turkey.

The officer questions:

Why u want to go to the US?
Will u quit ur med school here if u get the visa?
When will u travel if u get the visa?

He checked all my doc. and nothing was missing.
Then he told me that he needs to do couple of check ups and contact my school to confirm that i m a real med student there!!
I asked him do i need to worry.
He told me no worries.

So guys what do you think?

It is unusual that he is doing that check, but assuming you are actually attending it shouldn't be an issue. Just be patient a day or two and your status will change. You left your passports I assume?

It is unusual that he is doing that check, but assuming you are actually attending it shouldn't be an issue. Just be patient a day or two and your status will change. You left your passports I assume?

Hi @Britsimon

Yes, i have left my passport and also all the other original documents like the police certificate, diploma, financial doc, birth certificate.
And still my CEAC status appears to be "READY"

@Britsimon

Has there been any case that they take the passport and return it without the visa ?

If they wont issue visa for me they wud have given my passport after the interview was conducted, right?

And also they made me sign all the DS files that i sent and also the selective service form.

Well this year is the first time for a number of years that there is a good chance that the process will stop prior to the end of September 30. It is likely that many AP cases don't get visas. You are technically on AP, but hopefully yours will resolve quickly and since it won't have crossed a month end they would not have sent the visa back to KCC for re-allocation - so I think you'll be fine.

@Britsimon , what i m scared is that they keep me waiting on AP :(

I only have this month, do i try to contact them ?
My interview was on th 4th Sept.

Can DV winners check their status on line? How do we do that?

It has been a week since i had my dv 2014 interview and still no answer from the embassy.
They dont answer calls. And i m getting the same answer if i email them.

What i m supposed to do now?
Is there any other authority in the US i can contact with ?

It has been a week since i had my dv 2014 interview and still no answer from the embassy.
They dont answer calls. And i m getting the same answer if i email them.

What i m supposed to do now?
Is there any other authority in the US i can contact with ?

No. In cp cases you have to deal with the embassy. You have no right of appeal or expedite process.

No. In cp cases you have to deal with the embassy. You have no right of appeal or expedite process.

I guess i have only to wait.
Since only 20 days left from the dv 2014, i m only looking for options to speed up the process.

On Sep. 18, the embassy has sent me mail telling me that the administrative review has completed successfully , and that they will process my case accordingly and send my visa to the post office i have chosen.
i was wondering, what they meant exactly by ''accordingly'' . . few days left from the dv 2014 fiscal year.

i got a question, while processing my visa, if it reaches Sept 30, will they cancel my visa? because already they are on the process now as far i understood it !

and the day they sent me the email confirming that the AP was completed, exactly that day my CEAC status changed to AP, before it was ''ready''
and daily it gets updated, but the AP doesnt change.
what that implies, @Britsimon

On Sep. 18, the embassy has sent me mail telling me that the administrative review has completed successfully , and that they will process my case accordingly and send my visa to the post office i have chosen.
i was wondering, what they meant exactly by ''accordingly'' . . few days left from the dv 2014 fiscal year.

i got a question, while processing my visa, if it reaches Sept 30, will they cancel my visa? because already they are on the process now as far i understood it !

Well, they told you its processing and that they will send it - which is different to others who have been told there is no number available for them. So I'd guess you will be getting a visa.
It will stay AP until it goes issued.