1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV-2019

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Alien2010, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alien2010

Alien2010 Registered Users (C)

Claus Larsen and SusieQQQ like this.
  2. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

3. Claus Larsen

Claus Larsen New Member

Here we go again, another year of trying :)

Important note from the instructions:
    • No Eyewear: The subject must not wear glasses or other items that detract from the face.

4. OnTheGo

OnTheGo Registered Users (C)

Looks like updated to me. However, they are somehow explaining this from the future, lol.
    Here is the direct link to the instructions:
    https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2019-Instructions-Translations/Clean_DV-2019_Plain_Language_Instructions_and_FAQs .pdf

5. Claus Larsen

Claus Larsen New Member

Great we will know right away if we have been selected :)

Alien2010 and Britsimon like this.
  6. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

You didn't read the instructions linked above yet, clearly ;)

No - you find out in May 2018.

7. Claus Larsen

Claus Larsen New Member

it was a joke :)

8. Pierre82

9. Pierre82

Good luck on this DV2019 @Claus Larsen

Claus Larsen likes this.
  10. Claus Larsen

Claus Larsen New Member

You too Pierre :)

11. Pierre82

I don't have a lot of hope on the DV Lottery compared to previous years, but still giving it a try and see what happens.

MonFD likes this.
  12. Mushy_hot

Mushy_hot Registered Users (C)

Good luck everyone for DV2019

13. Pierre82

Good luck to you as well @Mushy_hot I hope one of us or both of us gets selected next year.

Mushy_hot likes this.
  14. Mushy_hot

Mushy_hot Registered Users (C)

Well I hope we both gets selected. Best wishes

Pierre82 likes this.
  15. Rue

Rue New Member

Me too dont have much hope. But I will enter the lottery each year until I win or they remove it.

16. Robinson Onyema

Robinson Onyema New Member

Does anybody have the idea of when Nigeria will be in the list eligible countries for dv? It has been a while now

17. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

That depends on how many people immigrate to US from Nigeria. Quick look at the annual statistics shows that this number only raises, even though Nigeria hasn't participated in DV since FY2014. Roughly, they look at the number of new LPRs per country during past 5 fiscal years. If that number exceeds 50k, country is ineligible to participate in the lottery.

18. frizzical

frizzical New Member

Im curious, if I was to get a US passport photo done would that fit the requirements for the DV photo? cause I've been trying to take them with my iphone but with flash I get really bad red eye that even photoshop cant fix

19. Pierre82

I go to a local store that takes pictures for U.S. tourist visa and take a digital picture. I will then check with the photo tool in case any adjustments are needed and its done :)

20. OnTheGo

OnTheGo Registered Users (C)

In my experience, using flash will not only create a red eye problem but also shadows of your head on the background, which is not accepted.

Scroll down to 'Detailed Examples of Visa Photos' > 'Shadows and lighting' tab and check out the description in last example on this page (use the arrows to scroll down to the last picture example):
    https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos/photo-page.html
    Take your picture in day light in front of a plain white or off-white background without flash...adjust the brightness and contrast using your phone's camera instead! In my experience, this gives you a much better outcome.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html
    https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos/photo-composition-template.html

I have always taken our photos myself. I also adjusted size and composition manually before they even had the online photo tool, by using simple programs like Paint.

Good luck.