1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 South america and the Caribbean Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by jas2200, May 2, 2017.

1. Magnum 7

Magnum 7 New Member

Im also form SA and my CN is 16xx, should I be optimistic?
    When would you consider is the right time to send the DS 260? now? after October? January or waiting to be current?
    Does it make a difference to send it prior being current?
    Thanks??

2. Magnum 7

Magnum 7 New Member

Im also form SA and my CN is 16xx, should I be optimistic?
    When would you consider is the right time to send the DS 260? now? after October? January or waiting to be current?
    Does it make a difference to send it prior being current?
    Thanks??

3. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

It takes them a few months to process it and you can only get scheduled for an interview when it has been processed , so do NOT wait till you are current to send it.

4. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

Your CN is high but for now you have to wait and see how the Visa Bulletin will move for next fiscal year.

5. Sinecdoque

Sinecdoque New Member

Hi,

I was wondering: If you're selected and change your country of residency (from Latin America to Europe, for example), under which category would you fall in this case, SA or EU?

6. Sinecdoque

Sinecdoque New Member

It might not be that high considering that almost 5000 people were selected for SA this year (record numbers).

7. Aaron Runnalls

Aaron Runnalls New Member

Your country of residency is not important at all, it's your country of birth that matters.

SusieQQQ likes this.
  8. Aaron Runnalls

Aaron Runnalls New Member

325 for October, not terribly encouraging. We're @ 21**, at this rate, unless they pick up the rate a touch, we'll be out now luck. On schedule to hit 1900+ though.

9. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

At this point the "on schedule" aspect doesn't mean much.

If you have a 10 gallon bucket, you can fill it fast, or fill it slow - either way, it takes 10 gallons.

10. Arun.

Arun. New Member

Simon,
    Do you happen to have the failure rate of those who get interviewed for SA? I saw you post something similar about another region being about 7%.