• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Two reasons:
  • Oceania has a good probability of selection - 5 or 6%. This is due to less interest from Aus/NZ plus OC has no big disproportionate submission countries like Ukraine / Nepal / Ethiopia etc
  • Australia speaks English. We're the biggest native English speaking nation that is eligible for DV so it's easier for us to access the forum.
How come I didn't get selected? I feel gutted, sulked for a few days then got over it. How many people got selected from Nz & Fiji & Samoa? Does anyone Know

hi to all....i win in dv 2016 :)
i want to ask (3) Question about my name
(1)
if my name in my passport : mohamed osman mohammd taha
and in my Marriage certificate: mohamed osman mohamed taha mustafa
is that make any problem to me?:(
when i fill the application i made my first name: mohamed ,middle name: osman , last name: mohammd taha .
(2)
my daughter name in passport : rafif mohamed osman mohammd
is that make any problem?
and what is the best way to write surname and given name to her name ?o_O

(3)
In My Applicant Information List I can add Applicant but, I can’t remove Applicant
So what can I do to remove Applicant form my applicant information list.(Look at image )
1431649151121.jpg

thank you ..

:D:D:D
This is funny
Its not that funny I hope- :oops: I had a choice for years whether I wanted to live in Australia as my dad lives there and my siblings live there too. Its too hot for me, I like NZ weather, doesn't get too hot. they have crocodiles, snakes and all sorts in Australia. I had a lot of problems with my dad wanting me to migrate to Australia- I only want to migrate to USA. Its either NZ, Sweden or USA for me. I know millions would love to live inAustralia.

Last edited:
How long it will take to Get green card after going to US? Will they give any temporary card until getting Green card.

How long it will take to Get green card after going to US? Will they give any temporary card until getting Green card.

As soon as you enter on an immigrant visa, you become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). A green card is evidence of that. The visa in your passport, once stamped for entry, becomes a temporary green card for a year. Assuming your immigrant fee has been paid, the plastic green card should arrive 1-2 months after entry.

Hello here ! it's been a while since i started to read carefully ( i hope:) ). First, thank you all for everything ...
I was selected in DV2014, unfortunately with a high CN 2014AF116xxx (very very high ). So I did not get an interview.
This year, i have been selected with a smaller CN 2016AF48xxx . Am very happy, really happy. But I will not lie to you, when i see the 2015 events I still swallow saliva lol. really hope that all will go fine this year :)
Sorry if my english is bad, i had sometimes use Google translate :) .

Hello here ! it's been a while since i started to read carefully ( i hope:) ). First, thank you all for everything ...
I was selected in DV2014, unfortunately with a high CN 2014AF116xxx (very very high ). So I did not get an interview.
This year, i have been selected with a smaller CN 2016AF48xxx . Am very happy, really happy. But I will not lie to you, when i see the 2015 events I still swallow saliva lol. really hope that all will go fine this year :)

Congratulations on being re-selected! Hope DV2016 works out well and you get your visa.

Sorry if my english is bad, i had sometimes use Google translate :) .

Wow you were about the last in a long line in DV2014. We never saw a CN above 116XXX for that year.

Now your 2016 number is not in last place AND it is a much shorter line. You are much more comfortable this time - you should be fine.

Thank you for prompt response!! Just want to understand this correctly:
1. Is everyone will get an interview even the total register people is around 84K and the available visa is 50/55K?
2. And looks like u kind of positive about the may-June timeframe for the interview of the AF00022XXX, what about the AF00080xxx for example? Unless the cut-off date and available visa
3. In case of interview, do I need to show some bank statement/account? And how much?
4. Is the affidavit support from my brother live in USA is enough?
5. I have been asked if someone help me for DS-260 and I was honest and stated my brother did, is that an issue?
6. What is the most important questions for the interview since I m live in Abu Dhabi
7. I m getting a new child in November and I have applied already for the DS260, how can I updated, should I contact the KCC or at the consulate?
8. When I mention my bother will take care of me in USA since he is a USA citizen, is this will help my case during the interview?
Sorry for the long list of the questions, but your reply will be a value added to me and my family.
Once again, thank you so much of your great support!!

Good questions and for sure, more will keep crossing your mind as time goes.

Go to Britsimon's blog and study his awesome DV guide.
Read other topics in that blogs also -you have the curiosity and the time needed so feast yourself e.g holes theory and others.
Peruse the dv2015 selectees thread carefully.

Also be sure to follow the various links in the threads and pick the helpful ones.
Finally, stick around.
Your price for becoming knowledgeable which will endure that you get your visas.

Wish you well.