• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Oceania winners - Retired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Academic, but both my husband and I entered DV2016 (just in case something happened with DV2015), and neither of us were selected.
Emily, we were both the same too, relieved that we didn't get selected, means some one else has got a chance!

Hi all, newbie here!
I've been trying all morning on my mac and work PC but keep getting error messages. Really curious because someone else at work checked and it came up straight away.
Will leave it for a while and hope it works later but so frustrating, I'd really like to know either way.

Well I hope the lack of winners so far for OC mean that the numbers will be lower so everyone has a chance. Being selected and missing out in 2014 was heartbreaking, I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

I agree! Perhaps they've finally decided to cut the numbers of selectees so not so many people miss out! I personally think that would be a good thing, and preferable to a 'glitch' in the system:oops:

Consolations everyone!!! Sorry none of us has had any luck so far x

*sigh*
No joy here either.
Had joined with optimism of sharing the journey but I guess it's back to gathering info for my O1B...
I hope some others start lighting up this thread, with good news, soon!

Still getting that crazy error on every computer I try. Enter my wife's code: immediate response (not selected). Enter mine: system error.

I smell page rendering error :) (But that could just be hope born from the lack of sleep.)

The systems guy in me thinks they'll work on the problem overnight and have the system working properly by the morning, Kentucky Time.

Anyway, if I do miss out, I really hope KCC has halved the number of OC selectees. It's so needlessly disappointing for people!

I've had the same issue as Connected, especially after I got to work checked it again with a friend. She entered hers came up 'not selected' straight away and then we did mine and it came up with the error.

The optimist in me is really hoping the error is because my result is different to hers

I've had the same issue as Connected, especially after I got to work checked it again with a friend. She entered hers came up 'not selected' straight away and then we did mine and it came up with the error.

The optimist in me is really hoping the error is because my result is different to hers

Fingers crossed for you mate! The only time one can get excited about a web page going screwy!

Still getting that crazy error on every computer I try. Enter my wife's code: immediate response (not selected). Enter mine: system error.

I smell page rendering error :) (But that could just be hope born from the lack of sleep.)

The systems guy in me thinks they'll work on the problem overnight and have the system working properly by the morning, Kentucky Time.

Anyway, if I do miss out, I really hope KCC has halved the number of OC selectees. It's so needlessly disappointing for people!

I'd be feeling a little excited if I was getting your error. It should be consistent with your wife..unless.. the page is attempting to display a different message, like a winning message.

Maybe you can do a "View Source" on the html?

Been lurking for a while but thought I would sign up to say... didn't get selected. Neither did my wife. (We're Aussie). Better luck next time :(

I'd be feeling a little excited if I was getting your error. It should be consistent with your wife..unless.. the page is attempting to display a different message, like a winning message.

Maybe you can do a "View Source" on the html?

Interesting thought. MIght be a bit more complex that that though because the bloody government like to make their pages in the most complicated way pssoble. So - you might need to check out the post and response....

It would be kinda awesome if those that had the issues were the selected cases!

Someone on my home forum is reporting this exact same thing. One spouse not selected and one error message...

The year I was selected I also got an error message for a day or so before I got the selection letter, but I honestly can't remember if my husband's unsuccessful entry had the same error or not.

Someone on my home forum is reporting this exact same thing. One spouse not selected and one error message...

The year I was selected I also got an error message for a day or so before I got the selection letter, but I honestly can't remember if my husband's unsuccessful entry had the same error or not.
Sussie, maybe the letters are uploaded from today and it takes a while to upload all those letters to the server? Would explain why they date them from today too. You are from SA too right?? Hopefull for those who are seeing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.