• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 - Those Who Are Applying Wave Here!

Qewty

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone

Well another year has just about passed and we finally have verification of another lottery about to open! (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html) Will it be the last? Who Knows? I am just grateful to be given another chance. If I get this one, the timing will be brilliant as I graduate just in time! :)

The countdown begins for 1 October when we can all have one more shot at our Green Card, and I will be in there too!

I usually post this 'Welcome to the USA' video once a year because it always makes me feel good. May as well post it now :) (Just images and music, nothing innappropriate and was made by Disney for the US Government).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQzvhE5enw

Warm wishes all, lets all band together as new applicants for the DV 2015 :)

Qewty

I'll be entering again and I'll be rooting for you and everyone else as much as myself, I know how much this means to everyone here

Hello all, perhaps one more year eh !
good luck to all...:cool:

2005-not selected
2006-not selected
2007-not selected
2008-did not apply
2009-not selected
2010-not selected
2011-not selected
2012-not selected
2013-not selected
2014-not selected
2015 thank god it wasn't cancelled

"keep trying until you succeed"

Here we go again. One more try and probably the last one. Hope this time will be successful.

Does anybody know will it be additional selection in October 2013?

I saw the announcement yesterday, after a long, not particularly pleasing day. It also happened to be my birthday, so it was a nice way to end the day, knowing I get another shot.

Fingers crossed that I FINALLY get a winning entry.

I saw the announcement yesterday, after a long, not particularly pleasing day. It also happened to be my birthday, so it was a nice way to end the day, knowing I get another shot.

Fingers crossed that I FINALLY get a winning entry.

"Entrant since 1998 without success" - wow that is humbling for those of us that whine about the waiting period and how slow this Green Card process is and so on. How about trying 15 years running and not winning????

Best of luck to you in DV2015!

I will be applying. I am an Australian and this will be my second time applying (first time was DV 2014). It seems to me that this may be the last diversity visa lottery so I really hope I get selected as I would love to live and work in the USA. I am going to the USA for 2 weeks over Xmas and will be visiting friends I have in NYC, Nashville and Birmingham. It will be my third time in the USA.

Good luck to everyone, especially qewty who helped me earlier in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it this morning.Am kenyan and i will be applying for the second time too.I hope i get selected .It is my desire to live in the states.So lets pray as we prepare.

Good luck to all DV - 2015 participants and i really wish you the best as you prepare to start applying for another important fiscal year.

Good Luck to you Qewty! I will be applying again and just like you, would have just graduated. Even in the past year alone I can see reasons as to why it wasn't the perfect timing for me last year. (If selected I was planning to move to a different area of the US that wouldn't have been the best for me). So! New year, new plans and an even stronger faith. I pray that DV 2015 is THE year.
AJ (fellow Aussie)

Great to see some familiar "faces" and big welcome to the new ones!! Let's hope this is the year for us all :) Thank you especially for all the warm wishes from what really has become a group of virtual friends on here now. I said to my husband yesterday "oh my God, I have made over 450 posts on here! Any wonder people know me now :p" I agree with you AJ, the timing would not have been as good as it will be winning the DV 2015. I would have taken it, but it would have been less than ideal. For this time around, I will be more than ready! I think the United States needs one more Social Worker don't you? :)

Q

Mailing Address – In Care Of............................
Address Line 1......................................
Address Line 2.......................................

Hi.I want help on what to fill in the above spaces in the initial EDV application.I want to prepare well so as to avoid automatic disqualification.Also if one is married what Name should one include as surname?All my documents have my fathers name as surname.But am planning to get a passport with my husbands name as surname.which is the best option?please advice.

Last edited by a moderator: