• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

The following has been copied form the Daily Nation, Kenya's favourite daily.

"Fake US Visa documents cost man60k (kenyan Currency-say 660usd)
A man was yesterday fined sh60,000 for applying for an American visa using fake documents. In default.................................. one year in jail.
He was arrested at us embassy in Nairobi when he presented a bank statement and an enrollment letter he had forged...................
He pleaded guilty but asked for leniency, saying he was an orphan and his siblings depended on Him."

Is this worth it , i mean the forgery part?? Surely?
If you can crack it hear, i mean the livelihood puzzle, then you can too elsewhere. You cannot crack it here through forgery- that is for sure.

That's interesting. I knew Nigeria and Ghana prosecuted for fraudulent US visa applications, now we know Kenya does too!
The fine may not be huge but the criminal record is with you for life.... And that means, among other things, that you will never have a future chance for a green card, or even a visitor visa.

Yap Simon the courses are expensive but there are many truck companies that have their own driving schools were you can train and then they employ you where they will deduct the training costs from your salo. But I understand you should have a driving license for atleast an year.
Sure

Thank you bro, that is great information. Out of curiosity, are jobs readily available
Readily available:In fact once your VISA is stamped at POE you can get easily get employed in factories and petrol stations where they sometimes employ guyz without papers-I mean just to eke a living before processing of your SSN wages range from $ 8-10 for 4o hr per week

Thanx Simon. i have just resubmitted the forms n i feel at peace. deep down i feel that my visa has been approved cpz when Jesus says yes nobody can say no.......
...and the door He opens ..none can close..good to go:Snow imeanza kunaguka here in New Jersey-Nyumba ,magari,miti yote ni its coverd in white.Lol!!

...and the door He opens ..none can close..good to go:Snow imeanza kunaguka here in New Jersey-Nyumba ,magari,miti yote ni its coverd in white.Lol!!

Readily available:In fact once your VISA is stamped at POE you can get easily get employed in factories and petrol stations where they sometimes employ guyz without papers-I mean just to eke a living before processing of your SSN wages range from $ 8-10 for 4o hr per week

Thank you Simon, Now just praying and waiting. A quick one, for a single person, what is the monthly expenditure (food, rent, transport,
utilities etc) just a rough guidance.

Last edited:
Just a quick one, can someone please explain to me how i may be able to prove that i am not a public charge. How do it? Which particular documents will I need? In the Kenyan Embassy, what is the experience for those who have gone through?

Thank you Simon, Now just praying and waiting. A quick one, for a single person, what is the monthly expenditure (food, rent, transport,
utilities etc) just a rough guidance.
Well am still hosted:but food is very very cheap-For singles you can rent a house and share it(room mate) which brings independence and cost goes down.
Once in USA you will be surprised that the Vehicles are MINI-HOMES-At some point it becomes a ward-rope-Sometimes you spends like three days being out of home and hence utilities goes down.
Simple mathematics :If you work for 16 hours and spends a few hours on road you have little hours spending home...Lol!!!
Single people make good money..NO expenses-But Obviously they will at one point have a family.
By the way before I came I did a lot of research on the State am In (NJ) and downloaded a booklet that specifically gave all costs of living for different households and this informed my decision of family to join later once am settled and earning.

Last edited:
KCSE
Just a quick one, can someone please explain to me how i may be able to prove that i am not a public charge. How do it? Which particular documents will I need? In the Kenyan Embassy, what is the experience for those who have gone through?
Academics : A grade D- (minis) In KCSE proves competence in communication and hence high possibility of getting a job.
HOST : The Host factor plays the major role-The first few weeks(without proper documents) can make you become a public charge;the host insulate you from becoming one
LAZINESS : You decide to be LAZY,NO CURE,NO MEDICINE & DEPRESSION SETS IN...everyone runs away from you...lol!! and you become a public charge..A you LAZY?..

Last edited: