• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I paid ksh 67,000/= to new jersey.It also depends with the state
I also booked for my family the 25th Feb 2015 and the rates are the same 67,000/=

Hi, how did you go about this... "Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records." is it a lawyer affidavit ?

No need to worry:the Embassy is conversant with Kenyan system and they have their own internal system/way of verifying documents-that the reason they are left with the original certificate(Good conduct) plus other attached documents(yours finger prints,receipts )
Thanks so much @Simon . That's very helpful information.

@Simon.. does it mean that u went for the interview with ur family. n u were granted visas though u will travel at different times. ?
I need ur guidance on how this works coz we were planning in having a similar travel. arrangement where i travel first n the others follow after 3 months
Yes you can do that:Once the VISA is issued,you make independent arrangements suitable to you,However,the PRINCIPAL MUST set foot first at the POE(point of entry)The rest can join later before VISA expires-its always indicated when the visa expires.

Hey all, what documents should. i get to be certified for me n my family prior to the interview/receiving the 2nd letter
None:You bring Originals
1. High school-KCSE
2. Marriage cert
3. Good conduct
4. Birth certificate
5. Valid travel passport
6. 2x2 photo passports
7. DS 260 confirmation
8. Go to KNEC for confidential certificate(you pay kshs 2,350) reaches the embassy within 10 days
Unless your documents got lost-then you are required to bring certified copies of original-check accredited attorneys in the Nairobi us embassy......
I may have omitted some but this all I can remember..

None:You bring Originals
1. High school-KCSE
2. Marriage cert
3. Good conduct
4. Birth certificate
5. Valid travel passport
6. 2x2 photo passports
7. DS 260 confirmation
8. Go to KNEC for confidential certificate(you pay kshs 2,350) reaches the embassy within 10 days
Unless your documents got lost-then you are required to bring certified copies of original-check accredited attorneys in the Nairobi us embassy......
I may have omitted some but this all I can remember..

At what point does one register for the DHL Services, how and what are the charges

Sorry for being away... was in the bundus and no good network coverage.... I found this heart breaking story posted in my facebook page by a friend.... http://www.jambonewspot.com/kenyan-...d-daughter-after-11-frantic-months-in-the-us/
Now I know that @Britsimon has a page on his blog about healthcare in US.

When touring one is always advised to get a temp medical cover from their country and esp those international insurance companies... Don't know if we have insurance guys in the house to shed some light. Can one buy a health cover for say 6mnths and still get covered while abroad?

At what point does one register for the DHL Services, how and what are the charges
before or after the interview-
Before:-unless you are conversant with the process
After:-you will be given procedure
All works the same -I did before the interview

I neeed ur opinion(s). My hubby ni were married through customary law @ the point of applying for dv 2015 lottery. After the selection we did the civil marriage. can this b termed as an arranged marriage for purposes of visa applications .note. we applied as a family from the word go

v
I neeed ur opinion(s). My hubby ni were married through customary law @ the point of applying for dv 2015 lottery. After the selection we did the civil marriage. can this b termed as an arranged marriage for purposes of visa applications .note. we applied as a family from the word go
No:The marriage is legitimate.
What you did is officiating your marriage.
Carry documents photos showing/proving the marriage has been in existence just in case.