• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Hi,

I checked with the Colombo embassy whether we have to certify the documents frm the foreign ministry ( i sent an email to the colombo embassy) & they have replied , saying NO NEED. All civil documents in sinhala must be translate to english by a sworn translator . Cheers. Lakshan
Machang....Please check it twice... because when i called them a person (Male) told me, it's must..... He was the person who answered the call(0112498500)..... please check it twice..........

Hi,

I checked with the Colombo embassy whether we have to certify the documents frm the foreign ministry ( i sent an email to the colombo embassy) & they have replied , saying NO NEED. All civil documents in sinhala must be translate to english by a sworn translator . Cheers. Lakshan
WHEN is your interview?

WHEN is your interview?

Im quoting the email i got form the U.S embassy in colombo. Its on 12th of august.

to: lakshanpereraa@gmail.com
date: Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM
subject: RE: DV 2013 visa process

Thank you for your email.

All civil documents must be translated into English by a sworn translator. Certificates do not have to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Best Regards,

Consular Colombo

--

To ensure a prompt reply please include:

1) passport number (non-immigrant visas)

2) case number (immigrant visas).

U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka

210 Galle Road Colombo 3

I had been living abroad for one year for my studies. When I apply for local police clearance certificate should I include that year or should it be as Birth to 2007 January and 2008 Feb to present.is it?

the police hq will guide on that, but they wont include the year you were away and you'll need the PC from tht country

Machang....Please check it twice... because when i called them a person (Male) told me, it's must..... He was the person who answered the call(0112498500)..... please check it twice..........

Your documents do not need a ministry certification as along as your originals are present and the translations are done by a registered sworn translator. so dont worry too much.

Hi Lionhawk,

Did you went to USA? If so please share your USA experience including entering process (P.O.E), Jobs, accommodation, etc....

plz confirm to me that must be need to certified birth certificate in foriegn ministry...?
i am confusing......

Hi,
I am one of the DV2015 winner from Srilanka. Case Number 2015AS00007XXX
I want to find out whether my below qualification enough or not
1)A/L 3 pass but not one sitting ( 2 subjects in same year & other one subject next year)
2)Completed Diploma in Technology- ( Open University of Srilanka, Nawala)