• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 selectees**cn: 2014AS00023*** please help if low or high and when to expect my interview

salkal

Registered Users (C)
First off, I would like to congratulate everyone that made it through and won the 2014 lottery. Second, I have two simple questions I would appreciate any help in figuring out:

1) my case number is: 2014AS00023***, is this low or high and when can I expect an interview?
2) After I mail the DS-230 and the DSP-122 with 2 photos to the KCC, do I have to do anything else until my interview date?

Many thanks in advance,
s

1. It is very low.
2. Yes, you need to check he status of your case periodically after your number becomes current.

23K is not low at all. Asia is at 7850 this month.

Compare to DV-2012, not to DV-2013. The reason is Bangladesh. The country participates in DV-2014 and DV-2012 (and prior lotteries), but not to DV-2013.
Bangladesh produces a lot of junk holes in the series of numbers

Don't worry fellow 23XXX

Hi

Don't worry the Number. I was trying to wrap my head around it tow days ago. The numbers don't add up as of now.

We will have some hope if in 2014 (end) if the status become current. Bengladesh is out of queue this year too. Asians has less chance of getting rejected so the CN to GC conversion raio will be high.

Here people speake about the quota per country. I am also not clear about this idea too. As per my understanding region AF get priority the EU then AS (from the rate of CN numbers called in visa bulliten and history DV GC winners).

I think on October we will bet the breakage of lottery winners by country for DV 2014. Also the breakage of number of winners of 2013 per country.

Keep hopes up and wait :)

Bengladesh is out of queue this year too
Yes, you are right. 23xxx is a very high number then. I am in fact surprized this number even exists, I expected to have numbers up to 18000 for Asia
As per my understanding region AF get priority the EU then AS (from the rate of CN numbers called in visa bulliten and history DV GC winners).
Lotteries for different regions are completely independent one from another. There are 6 separate lotteries - in each region.

please answer me

I just know that my confir.number chosen for further processes
1)Will i receive any letter from KCC to inform me what to do next and send the applications to fullfill?
2)Should i complete the DS-122 and DS-230 then mail them with other requirments like photos and case number and bar code that i printed from the site?
3)How should the place of birth written?as pass port?as birth certificate village,city,country in all gaps that ask me about place of birth?
4)DS-230 #31a and #31b my wife is the applicant so,i answer in 31a with yes,my name and my son's name or just answer yes?
5)DS-230 #2other names used?for my wife the maiden name is the same now without change so i write her name as in passport?
6)#29 DS-230 we have only one kid 1 year old the gaps below should i leave it as blank or what?
7)We work in a hospital belongs to the ministry of health so, what should the name of employer?
8)#33 Ds-230 what should i write in the course of study in Primary,Prep and Secondary school?
9)I don't have a professional association should i write N/A?
Thanks
Sincerely

Yes, you are right. 23xxx is a very high number then. I am in fact surprized this number even exists, I expected to have numbers up to 18000 for Asia.

The highest number I've seen till now is AS26xxx. Seems abnormal this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lost!

So that means that this year because they didn't hold back on the high numbers and because bangladesh is out that means that the case numbers are not in line with the CN to GC ration? What I mean is, is there hope for my number or not at all? This is starting to get confusing

Hi

Don't worry the Number. I was trying to wrap my head around it tow days ago. The numbers don't add up as of now.

We will have some hope if in 2014 (end) if the status become current. Bengladesh is out of queue this year too. Asians has less chance of getting rejected so the CN to GC conversion raio will be high.

Are you saying that only if it becomes current we are good to go? Otherwise there is no chance?

So that means that this year because they didn't hold back on the high numbers and because bangladesh is out that means that the case numbers are not in line with the CN to GC ration? What I mean is, is there hope for my number or not at all? This is starting to get confusing
High numbers like that one are hopeless. I did not understand the first part of the question

So you're saying there is absolutely no way for me to get an interview?

The only way for you to find out that information is to apply and see if you are getting an interview or not. There are no absolutes. I'm sure State Department does not have any representatives on this forum to tell you your chances. So you should gather information and listen only to yourself.

Hi

From my analysis what I think is the CN number is provided by number of probable people in front of you.

Like when u raise the request last September if you mention your wife in your request. If you win a request suppose your number is 1. The next person will be 3 not 2 as you have 2 person in your request.

There is no other way to explain this number. When I added the highest number (mentioned in forum)of the all regions it went way above 125000.
EU + AS + AF = Summed up to 160000.

Hi

From my analysis what I think is the CN number is provided by number of probable people in front of you.

Like when u raise the request last September if you mention your wife in your request. If you win a request suppose your number is 1. The next person will be 3 not 2 as you have 2 person in your request.

There is no other way to explain this number. When I added the highest number (mentioned in forum)of the all regions it went way above 125000.
EU + AS + AF = Summed up to 160000.

Yeah, you are probably right! But does 50,000 visa issued mean the number of entrant or the number of total people including family members?

We the high number will be out of luck this year:( This year, the vb will not show current in the end.

Hope my prediction is wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you are probably right! But does 50,000 visa issued mean the number of entrant or the number of total people including family members?
50000 is including family members. entries are numbered individually and they have holes

A big Confusion

Hi
congrat to everyone who has selected...I am also selected bt i am in big confusion ...as i am from nepal bt currently staying at london since 3 years...so i wonder if i can do my processing from london or i have to go back to nepal for it?..
Furthermore,do we have to get any letter from fren or relatives staying in usa ??
please help me