• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Selectee originally from Ghana but currently studying in Italy

bronsted

Registered Users (C)
Please I really need your help here i hope you can help me. I have been selected for DV2014 and my case number is
2014AF00002xxx. I am currently studying in Italy and my post on the selection letter is Naples, Italy. I am planning to send my forms this week to the KCC but I want to be interviewed in Accra, Ghana since am from Ghana.
I wanted to know if this will be a problem to be interviewed in Ghana whilst my post on my selection letter in Naples, Italy
Also I have an appointment with the US embassy on the 20th May for a B2 visa since i want to attend a seminar in PA in June. I wanted to know if it is advisable to go for the visa interview.
I also wanted to know when my interview will probably be from my case number
In case I go for the interview in Ghana will I be required to provide a police certificate from Italy as well since I have been living in Italy for the past 2 and half years.
Thank you very much in advance for answering my questions.

Please I really need your help here i hope you can help me. I have been selected for DV2014 and my case number is
2014AF00002xxx. I am currently studying in Italy and my post on the selection letter is Naples, Italy. I am planning to send my forms this week to the KCC but I want to be interviewed in Accra, Ghana since am from Ghana.
I wanted to know if this will be a problem to be interviewed in Ghana whilst my post on my selection letter in Naples, Italy
Also I have an appointment with the US embassy on the 20th May for a B2 visa since i want to attend a seminar in PA in June. I wanted to know if it is advisable to go for the visa interview.
I also wanted to know when my interview will probably be from my case number
In case I go for the interview in Ghana will I be required to provide a police certificate from Italy as well since I have been living in Italy for the past 2 and half years.
Thank you very much in advance for answering my questions.

Congratulations on your selection and boy are you one lucky guy to have such a low case number!

You can have your interview in Ghana no problem even if your letter came through to Italy. The interview location is your choice.

With regards to the B2 visa you better cross-check this because from what I have heard (which could be true or false), DV selectees are not supposed to apply for B1/B2 visas whilst their applications are in process.

I myself have been unable to go to the US since 2011 because of my DV process. I would suggest that you contact the US Embassy in Accra and check with them as well as checking with the KCC for the correct information.

Your case number should land you an interview sometime towards the end of 2013 I believe so start prepping your documents early.

Police certificates will be required if you were above the age of 16 and lived in Ghana for more than 12 months (which I'm guessing you have) and if you have lived in Italy for more than 12 months - so police certificates from both countries.

By the way where in PA are you going? I'm going to be living in PA until I get my GC and SSN.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Dv2014

Thanks for the reply. i will be going to Bryn Mawr in PA, but am yet to apply for my b2 visa in italy,and i dont know if that is possible since i am a selectee for dv2014. i will check with the embassy to see if that is possible.
i guess i have to take the police certificate with me before i leave Italy for Ghana, and i dont know if that will expire before i have my interview in accra, am confused. thanks anyways.