• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 principal applicant

Nomz

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

Please advise me on filling in the forms who is suppose to fill the one filled in by the principal applicant only , because my husband was the one who did this entry through the agents ,im the spouse on the application but it was my confirmation number that was picked so who is suppose to fill the form that is suppose to be filled only by the principal applicant ? is it me or my husband becaused the CASE number letter from KCC has my name .

Thanx for your help

Hi guys

Please advise me on filling in the forms who is suppose to fill the one filled in by the principal applicant only , because my husband was the one who did this entry through the agents ,im the spouse on the application but it was my confirmation number that was picked so who is suppose to fill the form that is suppose to be filled only by the principal applicant ? is it me or my husband becaused the CASE number letter from KCC has my name .

Thanx for your help

It sounds like the agent filled in a form each for you and your husband. If it is your number that was picked then you are the principal applicant, and must fill in the forms as such.

Nomz, Just be aware that as you are the the principal applicant, you must be able to meet and prove your eligibility regarding education or work experience. I hope that isn't an issue for you...

Not at all Brits i have my 12year school certificate and my 5 year work experience , currently working as is though my husband is more qualified than i am , he has Masters in Computer Science which he did in the US sure that will count as well , please advise the requirements needed ?

Not at all Brits i have my 12year school certificate and my 5 year work experience , currently working as is though my husband is more qualified than i am , he has Masters in Computer Science which he did in the US sure that will count as well , please advise the requirements needed ?

As you are the winner, his education is not relevent - you must be qualified either by education or work experience in a qualifying job.

The instruction state that you need:-

A high school education or its equivalent; or
Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years' training or experience.

The work experience sometimes catches people out because the work experience must be in a "qualifying occupation". Many good jobs are not at the level required, so education level might be easier to prove. If you have a 12 year certificate that could well be all you need - it needs to be equivalent to an American high school (12 years).

Hi Brits

Please advice again , im the principal applicant so on my forms can i put my husband's name under petitioner ? and on his form put his name as well ? We not planning to take our son with so is there a need for us to fill any forms for him or any need to include his photographs when sending through our forms to KCC?

Hi Brits

Please advice again , im the principal applicant so on my forms can i put my husband's name under petitioner ? and on his form put his name as well ? We not planning to take our son with so is there a need for us to fill any forms for him or any need to include his photographs when sending through our forms to KCC?

How old is your son? Is the reason he's not accompanying you because he is an adult and decided to stay?
In terms of petitioner, my understanding is that the main applicant (i.e you) is the petitioner. Just fill out a DS-230 form for him.

my son is 8 , he is my step son so the mother wont agree that we take him with now , but we had his name on the first application that was sent to the Lottery
So should i write my name on my form under petitioner and also on my husbands form too ?

my son is 8 , he is my step son so the mother wont agree that we take him with now , but we had his name on the first application that was sent to the Lottery
So should i write my name on my form under petitioner and also on my husbands form too ?

Correct - the "winner" is the petitioner for all the forms (self included)

You complete two sets of DS-230, one for yourself and one for your husband.

Q.14-17 you put down each other's details and under 18 the date of your marriage.
With q.18, I understand that this is still going to happen, so according to Britsimon's suggestion, I would also suggest you DATE and post your forms no earlier than until after the fact.

If by 'petitioner' you mean q.39 (from memory), that would be YOU and yes, on BOTH forms as that won't change it is always you as the principal applicant. I think the term 'petitioner' stems from other visa classes where someone already living in the US legally 'petitions' on behalf of someone applying to immigrate.

hope this helps.

Hi Brits

No need for a 230 or photos of your stepson since you are not applying for a GC for him.

I think you may be overly concerned...there are no specific guidelines as to where to write certain words on the forms and because there are none, I don't think it will matter how you put the word 'never' down and where.
Just put it down in the first line once or across the first line, or on every field but that would be an overkill :p

Hi guys

We have decided my step son will follow us later if we succeed in going to the US , so now the questions are .
1. Do we send his pictures and DS 230 forms to kcc together with our forms?
2. Is my step son suppose to go to the interview together with us when we go or they will set a separate date since he is to follow later , he is 8years ?
3.He is my step son so on my DS 230 form Question 29 should i write his details or they should only appear on his fathers forms?