• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery High number or not? Please help.

hello everyone

We have applied for asylum since may2012 and we got the RECOMMENDED APPROVAL on jun2012 but till now we didn't received yet the final approval as its passed almost 10 months from the date of the recommended approval .

please please please advise if we can do something to expedite our case and if any information about the reason of this delay and is it normal ?????????????

thanks and appreciate

Mandil

This is not the right thread to ask questions about asylum, thanks.

very low number expect interview in October 2013

Hi! I've got 2014SA000018XX, but I think it is very high number since the Visa Bulletin is currently (may 2013) checking around 1200 from 2013 in this territory. My hope is that we get our chance, but I'm really nervous for my number.

Hi! I've got 2014SA000018XX, but I think it is very high number since the Visa Bulletin is currently (may 2013) checking around 1200 from 2013 in this territory. My hope is that we get our chance, but I'm really nervous for my number.

i think you are mistaken normally your number is in the first months of interviews , October - November 2013
,are you 18XXX or 18XX ?

i think you are mistaken normally your number is in the first months of interviews , October - November 2013
,are you 18XXX or 18XX ?

No Monashed, Veronice is correct - it is a relatively high number for South America. Good luck Veronice - fingers crossed for interview around the summer (late summer probably) of 2014.

High case number dv lottery 2014

Hello, my name is Levon, I won dv lottery 2014 my case number is 2014EU00051***.
Could you tell, have I any chances?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, my name is Levon, I won dv lottery 2014 my case number is 2014EU00051***.
Could you tell, have I any chances?
Thanks in advance.

From your question it seems you already know that is a very high number. As you are aware the applications are taken in order and at some point the available visas may be exhausted. With that number I think it is highly unlikely that you will get invited for processing. Sorry, I could be wrong, but that is my best guess.

You will need to watch the visa bulletins and keep your fingers crossed that a lot of people don’t take up their winning entry, or a lot of people get rejected. Good luck.

Dv 2014

Hi everyone,

My case number is EU357xx and I'm very worried about this high case number ! I was wondering few questions:
Is it possible to get the same numbers but in different regions ? For example AF357xx like mine in Europe ?
Also, how come the number of allocated visas is higher than 50000 in 2003 (50810) or 2010 (51312) and 2011 (51118) ?

Thanks a lot !

OK 3 things.

1. EU357xx is highish, but a poretty safe number (in my guesstimation)
2. Yes that would be technically possible, but pretty much irrelevent because the numbers "move" independently. For instance the June VB had July advance warnings as 33 for EU and 66 for AF - so in general you could assume that AF357xx is a "lower" rank than yours and would be processed sooner.
3. The actual visa pot is 55k but 5k are reserved for Ecuador, leaving the 50k you see commonly discussed. The years you listed were therefore under used which happens because USCIS have to predict what visa will be successful, how many they can handle in a given timeframe and things like non responses, dropouts, rejections or administrative process cases that fail to complete in time cause the shortfall.

Dear Members..

If i say Briefly..

As far as I know 50000 is the total number of Visas they issue for all regions. KCC has initially selected around 125000 entries for DV2014 and they will issue only 50000 visas.

If the 50000 limit achieved then they will stop issuing further visas for the years program, but within the last several years this 50000 limit has not been achieved. Some entrants even though they get selected are not granted visas as they are unable to provide acceptable educational qualifications, police clearance, medicals, sponsorship letters and most of the time some lose the code that we must use to check in the Web Site if we have won or not.

so Final conclusion is they have issued approximately 33,000 out of 50,000 DV visas for last DV2012. and DV2013 is ongoing. to ensure the 50000 visa issuance only they have selected 125,000 entries this year. even the 125,000th entry also have chance to get the interview. nothing to worry..
go ahead with DS-122, DS-230 then your Civil documents. :)

MY one is DV2014AS00016***

Dear Members..

If i say Briefly..

As far as I know 50000 is the total number of Visas they issue for all regions. KCC has initially selected around 125000 entries for DV2014 and they will issue only 50000 visas.

If the 50000 limit achieved then they will stop issuing further visas for the years program, but within the last several years this 50000 limit has not been achieved. Some entrants even though they get selected are not granted visas as they are unable to provide acceptable educational qualifications, police clearance, medicals, sponsorship letters and most of the time some lose the code that we must use to check in the Web Site if we have won or not.

so Final conclusion is they have issued approximately 33,000 out of 50,000 DV visas for last DV2012. and DV2013 is ongoing. to ensure the 50000 visa issuance only they have selected 125,000 entries this year. even the 125,000th entry also have chance to get the interview. nothing to worry..

Well congratulations on being selected.

As has been explained many times before, 2012 is an anomaly (cancellation of the first group of selectees).
There are 55000 visa issued (with 5000 of those reserved) - hence the 50000 number.
Given the increase in selectees this year, it is very doubtful that the 125000th entry will have a chance for interview - but it is all a matter of conjecture - so feel free to believe what you like!

Dear Members..

If i say Briefly..

i guess you are right , otherwise they wouldn't increase that number so much,
they haven't got the numbers in previous years, so they increase the number of winners,
i hope for everyone it'll be a good surprise this year and numbers will go fast.

Well congratulations on being selected.

As has been explained many times before, 2012 is an anomaly (cancellation of the first group of selectees).
There are 55000 visa issued (with 5000 of those reserved) - hence the 50000 number.
Given the increase in selectees this year, it is very doubtful that the 125000th entry will have a chance for interview - but it is all a matter of conjecture - so feel free to believe what you like!

i think there is a big chance everyone will get interviewed this year, that's the reason for increasing the numbers,
they didn't do it for fun or to frustrate winners, but they do it because in previous years they didn't have enough people,
ok so 2012 was very different, but in previous years they also issued about 40K and didn't get to the 50K.

south america cn

Hi guys,
I'm a winner from South America, my CN 2014SA000011XX. Do you think I have good chances to get an interview and visa availability? If so, when do you think should I expect my interview to be scheduled? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I'm a winner from South America, my CN 2014SA000011XX. Do you think I have good chances to get an interview and visa availability? If so, when do you think should I expect my interview to be scheduled? Thanks in advance.

My guess would be your chances are good and you should expect an interview around April/May 2014.

...wow.

So that's that for me then. I have 2014 Euro 51,XXX. Dream over.

I knew even when I got selected that there was a chance things wouldn't work out, but I didn't know it was that bad.

I could say more, about this or that, what's fair what's not, but honestly I am too crushed to speak right now.

...wow.

So that's that for me then. I have 2014 Euro 51,XXX. Dream over.

I knew even when I got selected that there was a chance things wouldn't work out, but I didn't know it was that bad.

I could say more, about this or that, what's fair what's not, but honestly I am too crushed to speak right now.

Sorry to read that Buffon. The truth is that none of us can be 100% sure so keep an eye on the process and the visa bulletins. With that number you will have to wait until the final month so that is over a year from now. Just in case, don't forget to enter in DV2015.

It is very strange. I just called KCC, and although they said that yes, my number is high and I will likely have to wait until near the end to find out if it will become current or not, for the past two years everyone that has applied correctly has been granted an interview, and not all available visas have been filled.

So, I guess there is no way to know at all, since every year is different and things can change. If it follow the trend of the last two years, and everyone gets a chance...that would be good. But if more people this year decide to continue with their green card petition and do so correctly...won't be good for a high number like me.

I guess the only thing for certain is that it's going to be a full year of guessing games and uncertainty.

It is very strange. I just called KCC, and although they said that yes, my number is high and I will likely have to wait until near the end to find out if it will become current or not, for the past two years everyone that has applied correctly has been granted an interview, and not all available visas have been filled.

So, I guess there is no way to know at all, since every year is different and things can change. If it follow the trend of the last two years, and everyone gets a chance...that would be good. But if more people this year decide to continue with their green card petition and do so correctly...won't be good for a high number like me.

I guess the only thing for certain is that it's going to be a full year of guessing games and uncertainty.

Yeah that is about right. The thing that IS different this year is that they selected an additional 20% of "winners" - partly I am sure to avoid underfilling the available quota. Only time will tell whether the additional 20% results in an over supply of winners or whether they still have such a high fall out/rejection rate that all winners will get interviews. For your sake and for many others, I hope that is the case...