• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Sloner when you think that I will have the interview whit this CN : EU44xxx
June-July. I'm leaning more towards July
Hi, Sloner , My CN is 17 *** I hope I will get an interview in January, what is your logic say to that, is it possible ot maybe is too soon? Thanks
February
I think worry is numbers 55000-60000, without additional selection in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sloner is a real man, he makes people to believe and to hope in our light future, i think he is right in his calculations and we will get our happy tickets.

Guys, today i had read this post:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html
Look the part: F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2014 (DV-2014) RESULTS
As I understand in the end of this topic, that the number of selected in Russia in dv2014 is 4544. This is the number of participants in this year, am i right?

Sloner is a real man, he makes people to believe and to hope in our light future, i think he is right in his calculations and we will get our happy tickets.

Guys, today i had read this post:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html
Look the part: F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2014 (DV-2014) RESULTS
As I understand in the end of this topic, that the number of selected in Russia in dv2014 is 4544. This is the number of participants in this year, am i right?
the winners yes

Guys, can you explain me, if this 4544 winners is only main applicants without relatives, who can go with them? Another, i understand there is 50000 immigrants visas, only 7 % of them on country, so that means that Russian can get only 3500, and that means that 1044 will be replacemente participants (22%), that means that the number of participants rise on 22%. How many visas remaind vacant for Russian applicants in DV 2013 ? Another information that interested me, what was in DV 2012?(I see 2353 participants. How many visas remaind vacant for Russian applicants in dv 2012?) That can be an answer why KCC had raised the number of applicants this year.

Guys, can you explain me, if this 4544 winners is only main applicants withour relatives, who can go with them? Another, i understand there is 50000 immigrants visas, only 7 % of them on country, so that means that Russian can get only 3500, and that means that 1044 will be replacemente participants (22%), that means that the number of participants rise on 22%. How many visas remaind vacant for Russian applicants in DV 2013 ? That will help to understand why the number was raised this year? Another information that interested me, what was in DV 2012?(I see 2353 participants. How many visas remaind vacant for Russian applicants in dv 2012?) That can be an answer why KCC had raised the number of applicants this year.

The limit of 7% is the maximum any one country can get - BUT it does not mean they have to reach that number.

The number of winners is winners only - it does not include the spouses and children.

There is a huge fall out rate so the 4544 winners will NOT reach the 3500 limit. In a typical recent year USCIS have been selecting around 105k winners and they have not always filled the whole visa quota.

They have selected 140,000 winners this year - and that means some people that want visa will not get one because the 50,000 limit will be reached before the end of the year.

Well we might all be I for a rude awakening see following on the looming government shut down. While it is true visa services are funded by fees it is also true that these services depend on the cooperation of other branches of government

"The Department of State (DOS) is expected to to cease non-emergency visa services and non-US citizen services at U.S. Consular Posts abroad. As a result, no new visas are expected to be issued and visa application interviews are likely to be cancelled (or postponed). U.S. passport applications will not be accepted and processing of submitted applications is likely to be put on hold.

As a comparison, according to data from the Congressional Research Service Report, during the last shutdown in 1995, approximately 20,000 – 30,000 visas went unprocessed each day and 200,000 applications for U.S. passports went unprocessed.

It is unknown at this point, however, whether the November 2013 Visa Bulletin, which is expected to be issued in early October by the Department of State, will be affected. Many of our readers are eagerly expecting each Visa Bulletin."

Well we might all be I for a rude awakening see following on the looming government shut down. While it is true visa services are funded by fees it is also true that these services depend on the cooperation of other branches of government

"The Department of State (DOS) is expected to to cease non-emergency visa services and non-US citizen services at U.S. Consular Posts abroad. As a result, no new visas are expected to be issued and visa application interviews are likely to be cancelled (or postponed). U.S. passport applications will not be accepted and processing of submitted applications is likely to be put on hold.

As a comparison, according to data from the Congressional Research Service Report, during the last shutdown in 1995, approximately 20,000 – 30,000 visas went unprocessed each day and 200,000 applications for U.S. passports went unprocessed.

It is unknown at this point, however, whether the November 2013 Visa Bulletin, which is expected to be issued in early October by the Department of State, will be affected. Many of our readers are eagerly expecting each Visa Bulletin."

Thank goodness DV2013 will conclude before the shutdown (if it comes). Whilst a shutdown will be problematic for DV2014 I don't think the affects will be catestrophic. I am still waiting for my H1 so it isn't what I am hoping for - but there is nothing I can do but wait patiently....

You have to ask yourself what their self imposed dead lines for important decisions are for...to put pressure on themselves to actually make a decision further delay a decision and never actually resolve the core issues. It happened not too long ago with the decision to delay the decision on their ridiculous debt "ceiling" ($16+ Trillion) and it will happen again (and again). So given that DV2014 is only just going to start and has one full year to run...I don't think it will do much harm to this program, provided they continue the way they have in the past.

However, rather than just looking at possible 'inconvenient' delays such a 'Government shutdown' could cause with visa processing...perhaps it's time to reflect and actually THINK about the real state of the US economy and what it means to YOU and everyone seeking to immigrate there.

Not trying to make anyone feel pessimistic rather than encourage to being realistic and not blindly moving to another country that might for once have to deal with its $16,699,396,000,000.00 problem.

You have to ask yourself what their self imposed dead lines for important decisions are for...to put pressure on themselves to actually make a decision further delay a decision and never actually resolve the core issues. It happened not too long ago with the decision to delay the decision on their ridiculous debt "ceiling" ($16+ Trillion) and it will happen again (and again). So given that DV2014 is only just going to start and has one full year to run...I don't think it will do much harm to this program, provided they continue the way they have in the past.

However, rather than just looking at possible 'inconvenient' delays such a 'Government shutdown' could cause with visa processing...perhaps it's time to reflect and actually THINK about the real state of the US economy and what it means to YOU and everyone seeking to immigrate there.

Not trying to make anyone feel pessimistic rather than encourage to being realistic and not blindly moving to another country that might for once have to deal with its $16,699,396,000,000.00 problem.

Agreed. In one way or another we (new LPRs) will be footing the bill for the debt issue that we didn't "enjoy".

It has happened in California by the way. A couple of years ago California elected a new governor. Before then California was bankrupt with a huge debt and deficit. Since Jerry Brown came to power he has raised taxes and cut services - and hey presto the budget is now balanced...

That is what the US will ultimately have to do - raise taxes and cut services - and guess who is signing up to pay those higher taxes and receive less services...

The three biggest components of gov't spending in USA is defense, social security, and medicare/medicaid/chip. Because retirees collecting SS and Medicare are very active voters, they vote for people who won't cut benefit to these programs. Without any cut the programs will eventually run out of money, and by then the gov't will be forced to cut benefit and raise taxes. Today we are paying into SS and medicare at the current rate, but when it's time for us to collect we will receive less benefit while already paying more.

To put it simply, it's the older generation robbing the younger.

The three biggest components of gov't spending in USA is defense, social security, and medicare/medicaid/chip. Because retirees collecting SS and Medicare are very active voters, they vote for people who won't cut benefit to these programs. Without any cut the programs will eventually run out of money, and by then the gov't will be forced to cut benefit and raise taxes. Today we are paying into SS and medicare at the current rate, but when it's time for us to collect we will receive less benefit while already paying more.

To put it simply, it's the older generation robbing the younger.

That's what happens with a Ponzi Shceme such as the Social Security system.

That's what happens with a Ponzi Shceme such as the Social Security system.

The program was calculated when life expectancy was much shorter. Back then when people retired at 65 they didn't tend to live too long after. Today the full retirement age is 67, but many live well into their 90's. We are due for a recalculation, but the Baby Boomers are resisting it, arguing that "they already paid into the system and they earned it". If they don't want to pay anything, then it's US who will pay for everything...

The program was calculated when life expectancy was much shorter. Back then when people retired at 65 they didn't tend to live too long after. Today the full retirement age is 67, but many live well into their 90's. We are due for a recalculation, but the Baby Boomers are resisting it, arguing that "they already paid into the system and they earned it". If they don't want to pay anything, then it's US who will pay for everything...

Most people do not realize what they pay into the system is immediately spent on people already in retirement. Many still think what they pay into the system is invested and they will be paid back from the return when they are retired. There is no investing.

There was a generation that benefited from the SS without paying into it. There will be a generation that will pay into the system without benefiting from it. If anybody besides the government did this they would end up in jail!

Most people do not realize what they pay into the system is immediately spent on people already in retirement. Many still think what they pay into the system is invested and they will be paid back from the return when they are retired. There is no investing.

That's spot on and exactly how the retirement system runs in many EU nations, and I reject the idea as a whole. In fact, I came to love the Australian system (called 'superannuation'), which allows people to be more in control of their own financial future. Everyone opens an account with their Super fund of choice (these are private funds and there are plenty to choose from) and gets their super contributions paid into their own account there. There is no re-distribution of funds to other people by the Government, it is YOUR money after all! The more you earn, the more goes in. The more you are prepared to voluntarily pay into your super account, the more it grows (even with some tax benefits to a certain amount). It's YOUR money! And it is YOU who decides what your monthly contributions gets invested in and at what risk level (offers vary between different providers). In many EU nations, the Government cannot invest surplus funds (= monthly contributions by all deducted by distributions to those currently retired) in anything 'riskier' than savings accounts or state issued bonds, so there is not much return on investment (especially with an artificially low cash rate as a result of fatal Euro politics) ... So ultimately, while in AUS it is also a Government controlled system, it still allows everyone to be in control of their own contributions and save up for their retirement. There is a sense of motivation and self respect in putting savings aside for your own well being later, rather than seeing all your contributions be distributed to the current generation of retirees on a monthly basis.

In many European countries, the "nanny state mentality" prevails and the massive expenses that go into the administration of such an inefficient "entitlements calculation and redistribution" administration will be in the billions per annum. This is one of many reasons why I could never return to live in Europe again permanently. The majority of people are being kept poor for high taxes and often extremely high mandatory social contributions (state pension only being one of many parts of the social security scheme). Add to that a sales tax (VAT) on most goods and services in the double digits , and you know why most people don't have much savings these days. The retirement system does not give a sense of security anymore. It's a system that continually erodes benefits...take Germany as an example...the "retirement age" continues to be pushed forward (I believe it's 67 currently, or if you want to draw on the system earlier, they will cut your payments for the rest of your life) and the entitlements get slashed repeatedly (used to be around 70% of the average net income you earned whilst working, but going down to less than 50% at some point in the not too distant future).

The retirement benefits in the US are moving from Defined Benefit towards Defined Contribution using tax-favored vehicles such as 401(K) as well. Pension plans are something of the past already.

But you know, even with the more responsible ways such as Defined Contribution plans, when somebody screws up their life savings by taking on too risky investments (i.e. gambling), there will always be somebody to suggest that "so they made a mistake, we can't let them die!" Entitlement programs will be around until they cannot be literally afforded.

I have some questions : 1 - haw many visas are for Europe ?, 2 - how is possible to have in Europe numbers more big the 55000 when all the winners are 46589?

1. Nobody knows how many visas allocated for each region.
2. There are holes between CNs (dependents or disqualified entries) so the CNs are higher than the actual number of winners.

I have some questions : 1 - haw many visas are for Europe ?, 2 - how is possible to have in Europe numbers more big the 55000 when all the winners are 46589?

Another factor that determines the number of total visas issued I think is how many dependents each CN brings along, as the more dependents there are the less successful total case numbers. I recall having read somewhere that the average visas per CN is 1.6 but I could be wrong.

hello Britsimon,are applying for DV-2015 green card lottery? I want to know if you are applying,having a high number, because my number in high as well and I want to know if this is allowed, to apply again even If I am selected for DV-2014 fiscal year.thanks.