• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Europe - case number

Just o short note to thank you again Britsimon :) I got my visa in July 15. Even if I did not write here, I confess I'vv read your posts. Thats helped alot.
You man do a great job helping others with infos or just encouragement.
Take care and good luck!
God bless you.

Congratulations and thanks for the thanks!

Pls mates will there be another selection for DV 2015 in October?
or its just once; that which was publish on 1st May 2014

Hi guys,
I am freaking out, why is the cut off number for September the same as in August? It is really strange that it didn't move at all, at least a bit. I can't believe how low the cut off numbers for Europe are this year, last 2 years they were current from July so everybody that got selected had a chance, this is really unfair because they give you hope and than they don't even give you a chance…

Hi guys,
I am freaking out, why is the cut off number for September the same as in August? It is really strange that it didn't move at all, at least a bit. I can't believe how low the cut off numbers for Europe are this year, last 2 years they were current from July so everybody that got selected had a chance, this is really unfair because they give you hope and than they don't even give you a chance…

They selected too many winners - way too many. It is actually surprising that EU went as high as it did - if you check the other regions they are MUCH worse off than EU.

They selected too many winners - way too many. It is actually surprising that EU went as high as it did - if you check the other regions they are MUCH worse off than EU.

But why did they selected that many? They didn't have any problems previous years and they made problems this year with more selected people than they need and gave false hope for a lot of people… Maybe I'm just too sad and angry in a way because I'm so close to that 40150, and it looks like it's going to stay at that number, but I still think they are not fair this year. Than there's that thing with immigration system, they could at least interview people for one more month, since there has been a problem in their system and they are not working with full capacity.

But why did they selected that many? They didn't have any problems previous years and they made problems this year with more selected people than they need and gave false hope for a lot of people… Maybe I'm just too sad and angry in a way because I'm so close to that 40150, and it looks like it's going to stay at that number, but I still think they are not fair this year. Than there's that thing with immigration system, they could at least interview people for one more month, since there has been a problem in their system and they are not working with full capacity.

In DV2012, they screwed up the draw - causing a lawsuit and a redraw. So many people never found out they were winners (because they checked May 1 and the redraw took place a couple of months later. The whole mess meant the 50,000 quota was largely wasted. They only issued 35k visas. I believe, as a reaction to "only" issuing 35K visas they increased the number for the next year to be drawn (DV2014, as DV2013 was already in progress). So - that is perhaps why. The selection letter does warn that selection does not guarantee a green card, but it is still hard I am sure.

To KCC they did have a problem in previous years - they didn't fill quota in a few years, of which the worst was 2012. Your idea of a problem and theirs is unfortunately not the same.
I think also what has happened because the last few years were current every year, people started expecting it to happen every year. Earlier than that most years had cut offs for at least some countries so people knew to take seriously the warning from USCIS that selection did not guarantee a visa. I am sorry for your disappointment, but KCC's task is to issue as many visas as it can, and that does basically require that they err on the side of over selecting rather than under selecting. I think this is a situation we will again start to see as normal.

Also the problem with the system did not stop them interviewing, just printing the visas. In any case there is a law governing the process, and the law says visas have to be approved by September 30.

Hi guys,
As Britsimon and SusieQQQ pointed out, your number would not have been selected in previous DV years, as too few EU applicants had been drawn into the 1-NL pool and, thus, KCC ran out of EU numbers too early, already in July/August in those years. That previous DV years went Current was therefore rather meaningless. Hence, quite a few EU applicants certainly benefited from the greater EU selectee pool this year, as evidenced by the higher absolute number of DV visa for EU applicants. I am very sorry that things may have not worked out for you this year, despite the otherwise higher number of successful EU winners in DV 2014. Please keep in mind that final VB September numbers will be published this week.

Last edited:
I think it was revenge for the State Department's lawsuit against them in 2012.

So, you think that cut off number is going to stay the same as in August? They will not move at least to 41000, but two months the same number?

So, you think that cut off number is going to stay the same as in August? They will not move at least to 41000, but two months the same number?

Give it few more days. The numbers should be released by the end of the week.

I doubt more is coming actually I am concerned that they are rolling back the numbers due to higher than expecting demand. I just came back from a successful interview with the information that visas are on hold due to high demand, so even my case was approved they will not issue my visa before they hear back from whom ever is coordinating this that there are more visas left to give out. 07 AUG EU38xxx.

Quite a downer to have your passports handed back with the words,,we will email you if we get any more visas allocated...

I doubt more is coming actually I am concerned that they are rolling back the numbers due to higher than expecting demand. I just came back from a successful interview with the information that visas are on hold due to high demand, so even my case was approved they will not issue my visa before they hear back from whom ever is coordinating this that there are more visas left to give out. 07 AUG EU38xxx.

Quite a downer to have your passports handed back with the words,,we will email you if we get any more visas allocated...

Omg, that's terrible... That's just too much playing with people's nervs... I think you'll get it but still it's pretty cruel.

In Moscow today issued the visa. You have the administrative process?