• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Interview experiences and outcomes!!!

Come on guies, its seems that few people did their interviews.

Any one did his interview, please do share your experience with us.

We are having our own interview by November 2012, my wife is the primary and we are both university graduate. Any other tricky questions concerning the relationship and academics? . Apart from the aforementioned civil documents in the instructions from KCC, is there any other supporting documents like consent letter from parents, financial back up, tax, reference letter from bank to back up the required documents. Thanks and God bless the family

Other documents include photos of your marriage, i also understand if you get an affidavit of support from someone living there is much better than a low bank statement. All the best

Come on guies, its seems that few people did their interviews.

Any one did his interview, please do share your experience with us.

Hey Syrialord, i am here.

Hey fellas, I got my Visa. I wish to all of you all the best and success to your interviews.
Here is my interview experience:
My interview was at 8 AM. I got to the embassy around 7:30. First we went through security one by one and gathered inside embassy before 8. They kept our mobile phones and any electronic device like USB.
They began to call us by our surnames one by one.
First to hand over the documents.
Second to pay the cash.
Third to take our fingerprints.
Forth to do the interview with the consular.
At the interview the lady didn't ask to much questions and the lady was very very nice, smiling all the time. She asked:

Do you swear that .................................... (the usual)
Have you ever been to USA before?
Have you ever been in another country before and if yes, have you stayed longer than 6 months?
Is this your only child?
Do you speak English? (because we did the interview in my language, she started the interview in my language)
So you are an ........ (my profession)

And that was it. She issued a refusal paper stating the i must legalize my high school diploma from Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
I did the legalization of my high school diploma and sent within 3 days. After 2 days they called me to send the passports and after 3 days postal service called my to pick up the Visas.

A great thank goes to this special forum and to all those people who share their experiences with others.
Feel free to ask any question if have any :)
Thank you Lord.

Hey fellas, I got my Visa. I wish to all of you all the best and success to your interviews.
My interview was at 8 AM. I got to the embassy around 7:30. First we went through security one by one and gathered inside embassy before 8. They kept our mobile phones and any electronic device like USB.
Second to pay the cash.
At the interview the lady didn't ask to much questions and the lady was very very nice, smiling all the time. She asked:

Have you ever been in another country before and if yes, have you stayed longer than 6 months?
Is this your only child?
Do you speak English? (because we did the interview in my language, she started the interview in my language)

And that was it. She issued a refusal paper stating the i must legalize my high school diploma from Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
I did the legalization of my high school diploma and sent within 3 days. After 2 days they called me to send the passports and after 3 days postal service called my to pick up the Visas.

A great thank goes to this special forum and to all those people who share their experiences with others.
Thank you Lord.

Congrats...

Second to pay the cash.

Is this your only child?

Thank you Lord.

Congrats for your visa

Good luck in Uncle's Sam country

HI
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO legalize my high school diploma from Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

what was the issue with your diploma,
because mine also have probleme with name.
please tell me, I want to prepare well about my issue

HI
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO legalize my high school diploma from Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

what was the issue with your diploma,
because mine also have probleme with name.
please tell me, I want to prepare well about my issue

There wasn't any issue with my diploma.
The problem was that my country where i live in, recently these years has made a law that states that all diplomas issued must be legalized by these ministries, and i didn't know that. They stamp the diploma in the back, just to prove that it is legal diploma and not a fake one.

There wasn't any issue with my diploma.
The problem was that my country where i live in, recently these years has made a law that states that all diplomas issued must be legalized by these ministries, and i didn't know that. They stamp the diploma in the back, just to prove that it is legal diploma and not a fake one.

Congrats and Thank you for the information.

Second to pay the cash.

Is this your only child?

Thank you Lord.
A very interesting experience, hope tomorrow I will post mine, a positive one.

Second to pay the cash.

Is this your only child?

Thank you Lord.

Congratulations.

Second to pay the cash.

Is this your only child?

Thank you Lord.

wow Congratulation wish all the best ....

please which country you belong to? or where have you done your interview?

CN : 2013AF00001xxx
Entry Dated :4th Oct 2011
1st NL Received :1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC :11th May 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 21st May 202
2nd NL : 17th August 2012
PCC Country 1 : Done
Medicals : Done
Interview : October 1, 2012 done (AP)
Visa Pick-Up:
P.O.E : Atlanta
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Contacting DOS for DV AP status inquiry

DV 2013 winners
Hi guys, please is there anyone who has called DOS for DV AP status inquiry??

i have called them but the lady picked up the phone and she asked me my passport # or case # then i told her my case # then she said No, your case should start with 3 letters whereas all dv cases start with 4 numbers, 2 letters after that she said i have to call KCC and KCC replied i have to contact my local embassy as long as i already had my interview but the problem when you contact the embassy they always say the same sentence that are written on their website."ongoing Administrative processing"

any help highly appreciated

CN : 2013AF00001xxx
Entry Dated :4th Oct 2011
1st NL Received :1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC :11th May 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 21st May 202
2nd NL : 17th August 2012
PCC : Done
Medicals : Done
Interview : October 1, 2012 done (AP)
Visa Pick-Up:
P.O.E : Atlanta
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Second to pay the cash.

Is this your only child?

Thank you Lord.

Coooongs to you.

Kenyan dv2013 interview experience

Our interview was at 8.00am at the US Embassy-Nairobi. We arrived at 7.40am and then we went straight to the consular section 1st gate where we met two KK security guards and one GSU officer. I told the KKs that we've come for our interview which will start at 8.00am. The guards told me that we should wait until at least 7.30am, therefore we waited until this time whereby we went to this point, we were asked for the appointment letter and then we were checked for security reasons as that is very normal.
We proceeded to the next gate whereby we found a queue and joined it (Here I found a lady who was said to be a DV2012 and she was not aware that the "thing" has expired and she was like mad....................I mean she was crying saying that she want to proceed to be interviewed...........she was told that if she just want to waste her money she can proceed..........I left her there and therefore I didn't see her again) we proceeded to the next room adjacent to this 2nd security check point for our belongings to be checked....and then we picked them on the other side after being checkd. We then proceeded to the main consular section for our interview, when we arrived at the room we were allotted a waiting number, a DV/IV application form to fill in the Principal APP name, case #, Tel # and yua email add and after 30 mins, our # was called to window number 4. We went to the window and asked to give the Primary Applicant's docs as required plus two 2x2 size photo, then the beneficiaries were asked to give a police record, birth cert, original PPs and two 2x2 size photo for each(don't forget to carry photocopies of all docs especially for birth certs, Dv qualifying certs and an extra cash coz yu may find dollar is up again). It was at this point where by I saw our original forms which I sent to KCC, the lady who was serving us game me the photos that were on those forms + the letter I sent to KCC to request a change of address of my host.
She then gave me an invoice to go n' pay at the cashiers window $330 per person applying for a DV therefore $990 for we three equivalent to Ksh.84,150 and I did pay. After paying I was requested to be seated until my number will be called. My number was called to window number 1 for finger printing except for my kid.I was also requested to be seated until the time I will hear my name(now for an interview)
I was called by name at window #10 for the interview and we went there wid my family.
The Co was a very nice aged white woman and she welcomed us to her, she told us that she want us to lift our hands to swear that whatever we are going to say will be truth and nothing but truth(I asked my God to give me strength)
Co: Good morning lovely family
We: Good morning madam
Co: Are yu so n' so?
Me: Yes
Co: Excuse pliz I want to talk to your husband (now my wife went to the seat but before she sat down, she was called to another counter for questioning)
Co: Who is that
Me: she is ma wife
Co: what is she called
Me: Brbrbrbrbr
Co: when did you meet
Co: how old is she
Co: I can see that when you filled your eDV, you was single, why didn't yu include your spouse at this time?
Co: Why did you opt to fill her after you was selected
Co: Ok, Where did she used to live when yu met and where did you lived at that time
Co:So you knew one another even before the lottery
Co: Why were you not staying together and why didn't you marry her at that time?
Co: I can see she was pregnant at the time of the eDV, when did she became pregnant
Co:
How old is the kid
Co:How did you came wid this name?
Co: Who proposed the name?
Co:Have you ever met your In-laws and for how many times?
Co:When did yu get married
Me: I got married a date xxxxx and then formalized our married thru civil marriage at date xxxxx in order to get a cert
Co:I can see that you almost alike wid your wife despite of the kid, why
Co: When did you last had sex wid your spouse
Co: do you know her siblings
Co: can you name them
Co: what do your family calls you, do you have a nick name?(On my DS 230 I filled I don't any alias name.....so I said I don't av a nick name)
Co:Thank you I can see you are brave and I want you to become a US citizen but before I give you visas, I would like you to go with your child outside the marriage if any because we Americans we value children at a high level.
Me: No I don't have any other child except this one here
Co:Where does your spouse works?
Co: Does she contribute anything in the house
Co: Thank you so much just get seated and then I will come after a moment
I went to have a seat and within no time my spouse came and we started discussion about the questions and answers. Glory to God coz we gave the same answers
After a short moment the CO came back called me holding a green paper and I was like........over enjoyed..........She told me n' ma family to register with DHL to get our passports and visas and also welcomed us to USA.
Thanks to the MOST HIGH GOD
Sorry for delay to post this experience.........I had a call from my host in the middle of the story.

had my interview in Nairobi today
i was called for the interview which was very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2. do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.

thank you all for your prayers and may you also be successful

Congrats ..!!

Here is my interview experience...............................................
......................A great thank goes to this special forum and to all those people who share their experiences with others.
Thank you Lord.

Congrats..!!