• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Best of luck Hawi for your interview tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. It is so frustrating to wait.

I did manage to talk to L2 officer last week. According to her, my case has been transferred to local USCIS field office on May 09. Also, they have already received my biometric result on May 13. That's the latest updates that i have on my case. I'm not sure how long should i wait or how should i proceed ? It is kind of nerve wracking situation for me.

AOS experts please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Experience- Continuance

I went in for my interview, in Santa Clara. He asked me general questions based on my 485, then told me he had all the documentation he needed, and would make his decision in the next 2 weeks. I asked him if there was any incomplete information, but he said there should be no problem, he had back to back interviews and no time to make a decision at the time. Anyway, he gave me a letter titled 'Notice of Interview Results'. The Reason for continuance is given as 'Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.'
A status check of my 765/131 shows 'initial review', so I am not sure if that is what is holding this up. He did not stamp my passport, and did not remove my I-94. Sigh. The wait continues. Has this happened to anyone else?

H1b transfer- Waiting for Interview

Guys,

I have to switch my employer due to some issues within two companies. The problem is I have to transfer my H1B with another company by next week the process will start tomorrow. But I will we working at same location. Does this affect the green card process? I am done with my Bilometrics and interview can be scheduled any time from now.
Any suggestions?:(

I checked and it is still at the initial review stage.

After our IO said everything seemed fine, and he would approve same day in the afternoon. he did not gave us any letter, he did not stamp the passport nor took the I-94s. I asked why he didn't take I-94 he said because it is not an expired one???

For 1 month it stayed in acceptance stage, not even in initial review. And then it suddenly jumped to CPO then back to decision, and two days later back to CPO.

i think these examples tells us not to trust the online system too much.

After our IO said everything seemed fine, and he would approve same day in the afternoon. he did not gave us any letter, he did not stamp the passport nor took the I-94s. I asked why he didn't take I-94 he said because it is not an expired one???

For 1 month it stayed in acceptance stage, not even in initial review. And then it suddenly jumped to CPO then back to decision, and two days later back to CPO.

i think these examples tells us not to trust the online system too much.
Thanks Anon, I was starting to freak out. I thought he would say approved/denied at the interview, stamp the passport, take the I94, but none of those things happened. sigh.

I went in for my interview, in Santa Clara. He asked me general questions based on my 485, then told me he had all the documentation he needed, and would make his decision in the next 2 weeks. I asked him if there was any incomplete information, but he said there should be no problem, he had back to back interviews and no time to make a decision at the time. Anyway, he gave me a letter titled 'Notice of Interview Results'. The Reason for continuance is given as 'Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.'
A status check of my 765/131 shows 'initial review', so I am not sure if that is what is holding this up. He did not stamp my passport, and did not remove my I-94. Sigh. The wait continues. Has this happened to anyone else?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.
My interview was in the morning, just now, my status changed to CPO. I am beyond relieved, overjoyed etc. I was so worried because he didn't stamp my passport, or take my i94, or tell me it was approved. He gave me a letter saying my case was under continuance. If anyone get's the continuance letter, please do not give up hope. I am so happy right now :)

Hi All

Does USCIS send NOA, Bio Letter and everything to the address put in I-485 or the address put in the initial DV Lotter sign up form?
I received txt and email like two or three days a go, but haven't received anything in mail yet. How long do you think it'll take to send me my NOA and Bio Letter?

Thank you

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.
My interview was in the morning, just now, my status changed to CPO. I am beyond relieved, overjoyed etc. I was so worried because he didn't stamp my passport, or take my i94, or tell me it was approved. He gave me a letter saying my case was under continuance. If anyone get's the continuance letter, please do not give up hope. I am so happy right now :)

Congrats! That's how it should be.

Now, your online status may jump back and forth between decision and CPO.

Hi All

Does USCIS send NOA, Bio Letter and everything to the address put in I-485 or the address put in the initial DV Lotter sign up form?
I received txt and email like two or three days a go, but haven't received anything in mail yet. How long do you think it'll take to send me my NOA and Bio Letter?

Thank you

Everything comes to the address on I-485. NOA comes in in 1-2 weeks, bio letter can take up to 1 month, usually within 3 weeks.

My interview was completed on 5/22/13. Officer told me she cannot make any decision due to pending I-131/waiting on A-file. I got same letter like you " saying further continuance". My I-131 just got approved last week. I sent a copy to Field Office.

I-485 still shows Acceptance. Does this ever change?

Anything else I can do? I am planning to call USCIS and talk to Level 2 officer this Friday if I can get them on the phone....