• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached" is the correct answer.

Does this category apply for all family members? My point is, my wife is principal applicant (F2), and my daughter (F2) and I (F1) doing AOS with her at the same time. In this case, do we (myself and daughter) need to mention the same category that you guys has been suggesting for our I-485 applications?

Thanks.

I do have a question about address change. The address that I used to submit DV application back in Oct, 2011 has changed now. I sent DSP 122 and mentioned new address. In this case, do I need to change address to USCIS? or KCC will sent the changed information to USCIS for further processing. The selection letter (1NL) does have old address but I changed that during DSP 122 submission.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Same for me, on the original address I put the address of my parents in Europe. This address was on the NL1. Then I put my address in the US on the DSP 122 and NL2 that I received has my address in the US. I guess you don't need to change your address to USCIS they don't know you yet.

I'm new here

Hi,

I have a few questions.

1. Is this website payed by the government? Or is this forum made outside any companies, just for the sake of helping out people? How do I know if I can trust you? (I'm not speculating you to be fakers, but I recently had a scam incident and now find it hard to trust just like that)

2. Silly question but, what does the AOS stand for? I am accepted for the 2013 DV Lottery, can I still post in here?

3. I am a student in the USA with an 5-year F-1 visa. When I contacted the Kentucky Center, they told me that I should proceed with the 'change of status' program instead. Why? So is this a different procedure than other selectees take? Is this right for me?

4. my case number is 2013EU0002****, will this number predict my interview time? Can you predict when it is?

5. I have submitted the DSP 122 and DS 230. When shall I pay $330? Am I playing the waiting game now or am I supposed to do something urgently?

6. Throughout this whole lottery process, are there required documents? Birth certificate? Family card? are copies allowed?

I'm sorry that I'm asking so much questions, it's rare to get selected and I'm trying to do everything I can to not waste this opportunity. I will deeply appreciate your help.

have a good day

-Melanie

Everybody who is not a US citizen must notify the USCIS of the change of address. Even Green Card holders must notify of any change of address.

Here's the form to fill out and submit: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I do have a question about address change. The address that I used to submit DV application back in Oct, 2011 has changed now. I sent DSP 122 and mentioned new address. In this case, do I need to change address to USCIS? or KCC will sent the changed information to USCIS for further processing. The selection letter (1NL) does have old address but I changed that during DSP 122 submission.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You and your daughter should check "b".

Does this category apply for all family members? My point is, my wife is principal applicant (F2), and my daughter (F2) and I (F1) doing AOS with her at the same time. In this case, do we (myself and daughter) need to mention the same category that you guys has been suggesting for our I-485 applications?

Thanks.

Hi, MelanieT, and welcome to DV 2013 AOS Only.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. People who post in this forum and answer questions are normal people like you and me. There is no government role in here nor the one of any private companies.

2. AOS means Adjustment of Status (in your case, it's going to be adjustment of status from F-1 to Permanent Resident). And yes, you can post here as long as you want.

3. Now that you have submitted DSP 122 and DS 230, you need to wait until your visa number (2013EU0002****) becomes current to change your status from F-1 to Permanent Resident. This will apply to you if you want to apply for AOS here in the US. If you don't, you have the option of going back to your home country and doing CP (Consular Processing). If you have been in status the whole time and have not violated the terms of your F-1 visa, then AOS with the USCIS (here in the US) would be the most convenient to you. As far as your visa number is concerned, and from obervation of time trends from previous years (bearing in mind things will not change as far as the visa bulletin goes), you will most probably be able to send your AOS package (I-485) around February or March 2013 (you can't apply before this date as you must wait until your number is current). Here's the link to the Visa Bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

4. Processing times in most USCIS field offices takes about 4 months. This being said, if you submit your AOS package on Febryary 1, 2013, for example, you can expect your interview to be around 2 to 4 months following your submission (from April 1 to June 1, 2013).

5. Go ahead and pay your DOS fee right now if you want. There is no waiting game to be worried about.

6. Yes, you must submit copies of required documents, but only when you're ready to send your AOS package:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of government-issued photo identification
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
Applicable fees
Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

Here are some tips from USCIS on how to assemple your package:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...000ecd190aRCRD

Hi,

I have a few questions.

1. Is this website payed by the government? Or is this forum made outside any companies, just for the sake of helping out people? How do I know if I can trust you? (I'm not speculating you to be fakers, but I recently had a scam incident and now find it hard to trust just like that)

2. Silly question but, what does the AOS stand for? I am accepted for the 2013 DV Lottery, can I still post in here?

3. I am a student in the USA with an 5-year F-1 visa. When I contacted the Kentucky Center, they told me that I should proceed with the 'change of status' program instead. Why? So is this a different procedure than other selectees take? Is this right for me?

4. my case number is 2013EU0002****, will this number predict my interview time? Can you predict when it is?

5. I have submitted the DSP 122 and DS 230. When shall I pay $330? Am I playing the waiting game now or am I supposed to do something urgently?

6. Throughout this whole lottery process, are there required documents? Birth certificate? Family card? are copies allowed?

I'm sorry that I'm asking so much questions, it's rare to get selected and I'm trying to do everything I can to not waste this opportunity. I will deeply appreciate your help.

have a good day

-Melanie

Yes, based on the instructions given on the USCIS website (the link I posted)

Thank you Amine. but, I still dont understand that, do we need to change address following the instructions given on that site now or we have to change it after submission of our application?

Everybody who is not a US citizen must notify the USCIS of the change of address. Even Green Card holders must notify of any change of address.

Here's the form to fill out and submit: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I found this information about address changed from the link below.

"Aliens subject to Special Registration must file Form AR-11SR. This form can only be mailed and cannot be filed online. F nonimmigrants (international students), M nonimmigrants (vocational students), J nonimmigrants (exchange visitors), must notify their Designated School Official (DSO) or Responsible Officer (RO) of a change of address and are not required to submit Form AR-11"

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi all,
I posted some days ago asking about your advice regarding A Number(available on my work permit which has expired) and SSN(obtained from University because I ma working as TA) when filling the forms. Shall I include both of them when filling the forms (I-485, I-693, I-765, G-325A)?
Thank you for your help.

Affidavit of support

Hi,

I have a question about the right Affidavit of Support form.

Which form we should file for I-485 based on Diversity program:

I-134

or

I864

Thanks,

It may be more comprehensive but the manual which the IO's use tells them that we have to provide I-134. From most posts these are seldomly reviewed but I will be sending and going for interview with I-134 when my time comes.

It doesn't matter which A number you write on the application. Go ahead and write the one on your old work permit.

To my knowledge, only ONE SSN is issued to anyone working in the US. This being said, go ahead and write the one you have (since there exists no other SSN besides the one you have).

Hi all,
I posted some days ago asking about your advice regarding A Number(available on my work permit which has expired) and SSN(obtained from University because I ma working as TA) when filling the forms. Shall I include both of them when filling the forms (I-485, I-693, I-765, G-325A)?
Thank you for your help.

State department receipt

Hello everyone

I had a question related to State Department receipt. I have sent the money order for $330, however, what i received from them is just the copy of the form they required us to fill and below there is a stamp which reads "Received". Is that the actual receipt from State Department?

Hello everyone

I had a question related to State Department receipt. I have sent the money order for $330, however, what i received from them is just the copy of the form they required us to fill and below there is a stamp which reads "Received". Is that the actual receipt from State Department?

Thats correct! that is what you supposed to get. I was confused at first too. But it seems that everyone else gets the same thing.

good luck,

Concerning I 485

Hello guys, I want to thank everyone who is participating in this forum. It is very helpful

I had another question concerning I 485. So far it is clear that we need to wait to file the I 485 until our number becomes current. Kentucky email provides a link where we can check the status of our number. However, it is little confusing. Can anyone explain that in detail? How do we find out that it is current?

And once we find out that our number is current, where do we need to file the application? Should it be filed to the local USCIS or all will go to Chicago Lockbox Addresses
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Thank you guys in advance!