• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Damn!!! Think all you so called DV2012 22,000 selectees & Mr. White (their fire power) have no tangible thing 2do wit ur lyfe rather than fooling around.
Did you enter into any contractual agreement with the DOS?
Were u force to enter the lottery by the DOS/ any payment?.

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants---------------------------- So wat d hell/explaination did u want again?

The info on the dvlottery.state.gov website is ok for a matured/civilize/ well educated/ambitious/law abiding citizen of any country to understand and keep mute. Mr. White(DV 2012 - 22,000 immigration attorney) is just riding on diz issue to get much more famous. he haz nothin 2 lose. Even if u get 2 court, d info on their website is enough for the judge 2 struck out ur case. U r giving d privilege for free and u r dying hard on wats givin 2u 4 free as if u hav no future ambition in lyfe......wat if there’s no lottery - u would probably dug a tunnel to the US out of desperation?

14million entrants (on d DOS side) VS. 22,000 die hard -fake- counterfeit - phoney - hopeless selectees............:rolleyes:

So as d adage goes, whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.........DOS has explain while it takes its decision to a logical reasoning. I wont b surprise if d dv lottery is totally scraped bcos a bill to kill Dv Lottery base on luck has been up by d republican house and d nonsense you pple are doing might do bad than good..if not now, but in d future n dis DV 2012 22000 is generating heat beyond d visa lottery circle.. The Office of d Inspector General (DOS) dat oversees the Consular has promised Mr. White a review of DV2012 .....Hu knoz wat d outcum 'll be like? Wat if d house pass a resolution 2 cancel whole DV2012 & future rest (God Forbid) due to diz unrest.......So i say DV2012 22,000 pls dont cancel d future dreams of millions of pple worldwide.......:(

Accept ur faith, die hard bad spurious losers...............otherwise your action might hunt ur *** down ...hun :(

You have said it all...................................

Some people are just plain dumb....on the DV website it sates that '' In order to receive a DV to immigrate to the United States, those chosen in the random drawing must meet ALL eligibility requirements under U.S. law''. Just because you were selected does not mean you have the green card, it is until you have met all eligibility requirement during the interview process before you are granted a GC. What do you think the interview process is for? or why do you think people don't just pack up and go to states after the random draw, it is because the interview process will determine if you get the GC!!!! . Being selected in the random draw is just the first step or haven't you heard of people being selected by the computer and failing their interview due to inability to produce school documents , etc.and thus refused a visa/GC.... so trying to come up with you sold your house/ spat in ur bosses face and quit your job, isnt going to cut it!. PLEASE PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO READ!

I agree with you phronesis,

Even after the interview, the consular informs the individuals (be for DV lottery or any other type of visa) NOT TO MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL HAVING THE VISA AT HAND. I believe this means selling property, quiting jobs or doing other major changes that can drastically change once current life. To help people avoid catastrophic experiences, some forums; ghana and other countries have given somewhat similar experiences of various individuals.... they got pick-up slips and went ahead to buy airtickets, but on the day of visa pick up they were told that they could not be given a visa, others have encountered delays until the physical year for the visa issuance was completed. After one has got the visa at hand, the Embassy usually gives individuals a grace period to put themselves together( for the dv lottery, up to six months or less).

People need to read the US embassy website in its entirity to fully understand whay they are getting into and to understand the dv process; from the e-dv application to getting the visa AT HAND, and what to expect at the port of entry. I heard of an idividual who had been issued a visa by the US embassy (not dv lottery...) but was denied entry at the port of entry in US. So..its not over until it is over! It is until one is in the USA that one knows he or she has successfully completed the DV lottery process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you phronesis,

Even after the interview, the consular informs the individuals (be for DV lottery or any other type of visa) NOT TO MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL HAVING THE VISA AT HAND. I believe this means selling property, quiting jobs or doing other major changes that can drastically change once current life. To help people avoid catastrophic experiences, some forums; ghana and other countries have given somewhat similar experiences of various individuals.... they got pick-up slips and went ahead to buy airtickets, but on the day of visa pick up they were told that they could not be given a visa, others have encountered delays until the physical year for the visa issuance was completed. After one has got the visa at hand, the Embassy usually gives individuals a grace period to put themselves together( for the dv lottery, up to six months or less).

People need to read the US embassy website in its entirity to fully understand whay they are getting into and to understand the dv process; from the e-dv application to getting the visa AT HAND, and what to expect at the port of entry. I heard of an idividual who had been issued a visa by the US embassy (not dv lottery...) but was denied entry at the port of entry in US. So..its not over until it is over! It is until one is in the USA that one knows he or she has successfully completed the DV lottery process.

Agood one there...............................................................!!!

Damn!!! Think all you so called DV2012 22,000 selectees & Mr. White (their fire power) have no tangible thing 2do wit ur lyfe rather than fooling around.
Did you enter into any contractual agreement with the DOS?
Were u force to enter the lottery by the DOS/ any payment?.

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants---------------------------- So wat d hell/explaination did u want again?

The info on the dvlottery.state.gov website is ok for a matured/civilize/ well educated/ambitious/law abiding citizen of any country to understand and keep mute. Mr. White(DV 2012 - 22,000 immigration attorney) is just riding on diz issue to get much more famous. he haz nothin 2 lose. Even if u get 2 court, d info on their website is enough for the judge 2 struck out ur case. U r giving d privilege for free and u r dying hard on wats givin 2u 4 free as if u hav no future ambition in lyfe......wat if there’s no lottery - u would probably dug a tunnel to the US out of desperation?

14million entrants (on d DOS side) VS. 22,000 die hard -fake- counterfeit - phoney - hopeless selectees............:rolleyes:

So as d adage goes, whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.........DOS has explain while it takes its decision to a logical reasoning. I wont b surprise if d dv lottery is totally scraped bcos a bill to kill Dv Lottery base on luck has been up by d republican house and d nonsense you pple are doing might do bad than good..if not now, but in d future n dis DV 2012 22000 is generating heat beyond d visa lottery circle.. The Office of d Inspector General (DOS) dat oversees the Consular has promised Mr. White a review of DV2012 .....Hu knoz wat d outcum 'll be like? Wat if d house pass a resolution 2 cancel whole DV2012 & future rest (God Forbid) due to diz unrest.......So i say DV2012 22,000 pls dont cancel d future dreams of millions of pple worldwide.......:(

Accept ur faith, die hard bad spurious losers...............otherwise your action might hunt ur *** down ...hun :(

Good points you have raised!!!

As I had said earlier, 22,000 out of 14.7 Million makes 0.15% of entrants. Therefore, the significance of the number is unnoticeable. As you said Mele, we all need to act as grown ups and civilized people. I, personally, will not enjoy a controversial win especially if the actual results were erroneous. Therefore, my advice for the 22,000 is to let go and move on. Who knows? Maybe K. C. C. will be considerate of their case and issue all the 22,000 plus the others who deserve a fair chance. However, if they act like this (them being NON Americans using American Attorneys to sue the American government - something that does not have any logical sense), it might ruin the entire DV lottery system! Let us accept the rules of the lottery giving a fair chance to every applicant!

am one of the controversial selectees 2012af00006xxx and your "die hard, fake, counterfeit, phoney, hopeless, rolleyes" is a harsh, cruel and racy description of us:
Yes, some people are pressing that something be done but not all of us, majority of us are satisfied with the decision of cancellation.
secondly we are not hopeless or whatever you think of us, we are people of high calibre maybe more than you!
thirdly we never demanded that we be selected for the DV, it was their error not ours and by the way who started the lottery is it the immigrants or the American government. What was the DV meant for? You are the losers i guess

why the fight?
let every body do what he has to if it is legal and doesn't disturb the peace of his neighbor
success and blessing to all of us
15 JUly is near/ pray hard

they know about your education backround when you ship the forms not when you register...
I do wonder at times if there was truly 'an error' or just an excuse to modify the criteria for DV-2012. For e.g., I won't be surprised if they programme the software to 'randomly' select persons with advanced education because of the bad economy in the USA. They said that the 'error' was not an intentional act but this maybe the case and that is why they were not taking any chances especially because of Osama's death which took place a few days before the results were released.

In addition, I just cannot wrap my brain around what took them so long to detect this so-called 'error'? (5 days!!) Since it was a new software or whatever they used, why didn't they test it before releasing the results? So strange!! These are just rhetorical questions.

Nevertheless, there could be something DOS is not revealing to the public in this case and I guess they are not obligated to do so. We will never know all of the facts and real reason (s) behind this ordeal. However, we have no choice but to accept the 'said' reason.

DOS site was down before his death.

nope, it was down after, I remember being in new york heading to paris when Bin laden died, & the website went down when i was in france... still i do not think it has anything to do with that... peoples like to read too much between the lines... just wait july 15 damn it

nope, it was down after, I remember being in new york heading to paris when Bin laden died, & the website went down when i was in france...

Yea, Bin laden got killed May 1st or 2nd (whichever) and d ESC developed technical difficulties/suspended Fri May 6, and cancellation message displayed on esc page Fri May 13th, and Email by KCC May 18th - 19th........

I think we haven't see the end of it because an investigation is on route
Yea, Bin laden got killed May 1st or 2nd (whichever) and d ESC developed technical difficulties/suspended Fri May 6, and cancellation message displayed on esc page Fri May 13th, and Email by KCC May 18th - 19th........

how a terrible coincidence.

@ Phronesis. Please if know something please share.... Remember, this was how speculation about the illegality in the DV 2012 Lottery started by one DV scam. And within few days, It was confirmed that there was error in the result. So please please please, if you know anything as regards to how Osama's Bin Laden's death is connected or affected ESC. I beg you to share

@ Phronesis. Please if know something please share.... Remember, this was how speculation about the illegality in the DV 2012 Lottery started by one DV scam. And within few days, It was confirmed that there was error in the result. So please please please, if you know anything as regards to how Osama's Bin Laden's death is connected or affected ESC. I beg you to share

ololo12 Relax ; I dont know nor do i wish to know anything about how Osama and DV2012 are connected, i simply meant that you would be surprised how extremely myopic and ignorant some folks would be. If i do know anything that would be helpful to anyone of course i will share , that is what this forum is for. That aside I wish you and everyone else the best come july15th; 30 more days everyone, the lord is our helper :)