• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Really, where have you seen 16 year old winners? and with a high school diploma?

Hey, I'm your age and have similar circumstances. I'm not bad at english (I think), sort of know a sponsor and have a high school diploma. I don't see why we shouldn't be taken seriously considering there have been plenty of winners over the years, who didn't even speak the language and all got approved. I've read about cases of 16-18 year olds, who were successful at the interview. So I''m really anxious about the whole thing)) I know I shouldn't rely on it that much, but it's hard not to. It's good to know there are other guys my age.. Let's hope for the best :) Although, I can see why you're not fussed, Canada is pretty much like America, no ?

Really, where have you seen 16 year old winners? and with a high school diploma?

I know for sure there was one, in my country they used to graduate at 17, and he finished or started school earlier for some reason, I don't remember the details. Either way, there's no age restriction, so my point was as long as an applicant meets the requirements, young age shouldn't be a problem. It's just certain people here tend to exaggerate how difficult it could be..showing proof of funds, having a sponsor etc.. Sure it's recommended and preferrable for one's own good, but still, not a requirement. And imagine who's quicker to adapt to a new place- a guy/girl in early 20s with no children, decent knowledge of the language and determination, or a married couple with 2 kids, no english but a bunch of diplomas and work experience from their "old country".. In fact, it could be even more of a shock for them, since they're used to their home country, probably used to having a good job, used to that nation, people's mindset etc... and usually expect to have the same life over in the US, which is wrong..and when they realize they have to start over, they go and complain on forums like this one, trying to trash America because they couldn't make it or just things didn't work out as they had planned.. See what I'm trynig to say ? Aduls have much more things to lose and give up compared to us. So I say the younger, the better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that young people in their 20s with no children adapt quicker, (I am also in my early 20s, so was my husband when he won), but I don't think I heard or seen any cases under 18 years of old , who actually finished the whole process, that's it. Good luck to everyone and wish May 1st was here sooner, as I submited some entries for my families and friends :)

I know for sure there was one, in my country they used to graduate at 17, and he finished or started school earlier for some reason, I don't remember the details. Either way, there's no age restriction, so my point was as long as an applicant meets the requirements, young age shouldn't be a problem. It's just certain people here tend to exaggerate how difficult it could be..showing proof of funds, having a sponsor etc.. Sure it's recommended and preferrable for one's own good, but still, not a requirement. And imagine who's quicker to adapt to a new place- a guy/girl in early 20s with no children, decent knowledge of the language and determination, or a married couple with 2 kids, no english but a bunch of diplomas and work experience from their "old country".. In fact, it could be even more of a shock for them, since they're used to their home country, probably used to having a good job, used to that nation, people's mindset etc... and usually expect to have the same life over in the US, which is wrong..and when they realize they have to start over, they go and complain on forums like this one, trying to trash America because they couldn't make it or just things didn't work out as they had planned.. See what I'm trynig to say ? Aduls have much more things to lose and give up compared to us. So I say the younger, the better :)

Really, 16 years is under age, therefor no CO will approve a Dv visa exccept they are included to their parents application.

However, younger and better do not have anything to do with coming to the States, what really matters is to have a goal - short term goal, medium term goal, and a long term goal. If your goal changes due to some circumstances beyound your control, you have to quickly restrategise to allign with your long term goals.

One love.

However, younger and better do not have anything to do with coming to the States, what really matters is to have a goal - short term goal, medium term goal, and a long term goal. If your goal changes due to some circumstances beyound your control, you have to quickly restrategise to allign with your long term goals.

One love.

Everyone's different, but I'll stick to my opinion)...

Goodluck everyone.

Nice to know that there are young people being selected in the lottery. The graduation age where I grew up was 16 so really I can not see why 17 year old's can not be selected. I've just turned 19 and hope I will be selected, it would be pretty much a nice dream, but if not oh well! This is just a nice little lottery experiment I'm trying out to be honest, not expecting to win but hoping to!

Really, 16 years is under age, therefor no CO will approve a Dv visa exccept they are included to their parents application.

Don't make such statements unless you know for sure. There's no rule regarding underage or overage.

Nice to know that there are young people being selected in the lottery. The graduation age where I grew up was 16 so really I can not see why 17 year old's can not be selected.

Exactly.

ahahhhaha

Oh my.

I just checked the chances of actually winning. For some insane reason I thought they were around 50%. But in reality they are less than 1% ?

I've based pretty much my last 4 years on the hopes that I will get a green card now. But off goes that train I guess.

I wonder, what is harder - for a US citizen to become president, or for a non-us citizen to get a legal permanent status in the US? I really don't know.

This was pretty much my very last hope in life, and that hope has just been cut to less than 1%. Game, set and match.

The US despises people with an education who want to find a legal way to stay or come there, but sucks the blood out of its illegal immigrants paying them less than minimum wage and treating them like ****, because the CEO's cannot imagine losing a single cent more than they have to.

What is the point of this life.

ahahhhaha

Oh my.

I just checked the chances of actually winning. For some insane reason I thought they were around 50%. But in reality they are less than 1% ?

I've based pretty much my last 4 years on the hopes that I will get a green card now. But off goes that train I guess.

I wonder, what is harder - for a US citizen to become president, or for a non-us citizen to get a legal permanent status in the US? I really don't know.

This was pretty much my very last hope in life, and that hope has just been cut to less than 1%. Game, set and match.

The US despises people with an education who want to find a legal way to stay or come there, but sucks the blood out of its illegal immigrants paying them less than minimum wage and treating them like ****, because the CEO's cannot imagine losing a single cent more than they have to.

Wow... thanks for bringing me back down to earth! Lol...yea... it's getting harder by the year! I understand your frustration, been dealing with it over the past few years as well. Just look at it as just another option, don't let your life revolve around the DV lottery outcome. Made that mistake once already... now I just apply for the DV lottery and pursue other avenues to a better life.

Wow... thanks for bringing me back down to earth! Lol...yea... it's getting harder by the year! I understand your frustration, been dealing with it over the past few years as well. Just look at it as just another option, don't let your life revolve around the DV lottery outcome. Made that mistake once already... now I just apply for the DV lottery and pursue other avenues to a better life.

I've got nothing left. I'm graduating soon (in the US), I can't find a job that will sponsor me, and if I don't get that green card, it's back to a country where I can barely speak the language and stand no chance whatsoever of ever getting a decent job. It is hard to describe just how seriously life is over for me if I don't get that green card.

I've got nothing left. I'm graduating soon (in the US), I can't find a job that will sponsor me, and if I don't get that green card, it's back to a country where I can barely speak the language and stand no chance whatsoever of ever getting a decent job. It is hard to describe just how seriously life is over for me if I don't get that green card.

Buffon, I totally understand your situation coz my situation is pretty much the same as yours. I am studying at UCLA, paying extraordinarily expensive tuition (triple times as local students) and yea, its damn hard to find a job if you are not a citizen or resident these day =(. Im going to graduate very soon and I think it's almost impossible that I can find a decent job during my OPT. I had been joining the DV lottery since I was 18, and I will be 21 in this July. Sigh, I dun think I have the luck to be the winner coz the probability of winning this year is almost 0%. I think ultimately I have to end up going back to Hong Kong after I graduate =(.....

@ Buffon, unimportant et al.. Why are u guyz sounding hopless??? The results are yet to be announced. Have faith! For with God all things are possible, and all things are possible to them that believe! Gudluck guyz and God bless!

Brothers n sisters which way are we heading to in life? Jesus is saying to us, that He is not coming soon but He is already coming, He says He frowns bitterly at UNFORGIVENESS and that He is coming for a HOLY PEOPLE. What direction are u heading to, Heaven or Hell? Cos they are both REAL. Many of our friends and family are in hell wishing they have the opportunity u and i have now, and dats the opportunity to repent.

ahahhhaha

Oh my.

I feel the same way. Nevertheless, I conditioned myself to accept if I lose because the chances of winning is very, very slim this year. Perhaps I will try again if the DV Lottery criteria remains the same. I hope to win but do not expect to win. May we all win come May 1st.....:D

I feel the same way. Nevertheless, I conditioned myself to accept if I lose because the chances of winning is very, very slim this year. Perhaps I will try again if the DV Lottery criteria remains the same. I hope to win but do not expect to win. May we all win come May 1st.....:D

I think it is difficult but i believe that iam going to get it. it is my first time but there something in my heart that tells me it is already done. I have faith that GOD's will will be done in my life in this situation. That if the USA is where he wants me to be then i will be there. I would encourage you to keep the faith, it may make all the difference.

I think it is difficult but i believe that iam going to get it. it is my first time but there something in my heart that tells me it is already done. I have faith that GOD's will will be done in my life in this situation. That if the USA is where he wants me to be then i will be there. I would encourage you to keep the faith, it may make all the difference.

muta, thanks for your best wishes. I wish you success as well. 22 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!