• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

. . .and it has all begun . . .all the best for everyone! Again, i insist, do not rush into submitting your entry if you have any doubt in any section. If you have all the necessary information and are sure of what you'll fill . . .then you can go and submit your application!

On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all unmarried children under 21 years of age. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless such child is already a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. Children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents will not require or be issued a DV visa. However, you should include them on your registration.

Hi there,
What's interesting is that including the US citizen or LPR children is not listed under 2. ARE THERE ANY CHANGES OR NEW REQUIREMENTS IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR THIS DV REGISTRATION? Maybe it was there last year, as well? I know it wasn't required before, but I'm not sure about last year.
Anyhow, looks like, we do need to register those children in the entry form and include their photos. And, I am assuming that concerns to US citizen or LPR spouses, as well.

Actually it wasn't that way in the past. But this is one of the few changes that were effected this time. Also, note that spouses who are Citizens are not mentioned; just Children under that age of 21 are mentioned. Therefore, you do not need to include a spouse that is already a citizen (if your spouse is a citizen, then why would you want to enter the DV lottery?).

Hi there,
What's interesting is that including the US citizen or LPR children is not listed under 2. ARE THERE ANY CHANGES OR NEW REQUIREMENTS IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR THIS DV REGISTRATION? Maybe it was there last year, as well? I know it wasn't required before, but I'm not sure about last year.
Anyhow, looks like, we do need to register those children in the entry form and include their photos. And, I am assuming that concerns to US citizen or LPR spouses, as well.

Seems it is still the same as last yrs. pdf instructions do not match with what you would find in cage 14 of actual e-DV site/form.
It still say no need to include LPR or citizen kids.

Best!

Actually it wasn't that way in the past. But this is one of the few changes that were effected this time. Also, note that spouses who are Citizens are not mentioned; just Children under that age of 21 are mentioned. Therefore, you do not need to include a spouse that is already a citizen (if your spouse is a citizen, then why would you want to enter the DV lottery?).

My point was that it is NOT included in the answer to Question 2. ARE THERE ANY CHANGES OR NEW REQUIREMENTS IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR THIS DV REGISTRATION? in Frequently asked questions. I think it should have been, unless it was the same last year.
As for the spouses, it was a mistake to include US citizen spouses. However, you do need to include the information for an LPR spouse.

Seems it is still the same as last yrs. pdf instructions do not match with what you would find in cage 14 of actual e-DV site/form.
It still say no need to include LPR or citizen kids.

Best!

You're right. So, what do we do?

You're right. So, what do we do?

What do you mean?

1. If the DV applicant is married, you need to give the required spouse details, even if he/she is US citizen/LPR !!

2. No need to include citizen/LPR kids at all as past yrs.

Best!

What do you mean?

1. If the DV applicant is married, you need to give the required spouse details, even if he/she is US citizen/LPR !!

2. No need to include citizen/LPR kids at all as past yrs.

Best!

The 1st one is understandable.
As, for 2nd one, in the instructions it says that you need to include all the kids information even if they are US citizen/LPR. On the actual form though, as you mentioned, it says that you don't need to list citizen/LPR kids.

ATTENTION!

the duration of time to fill in the online dv lottery form is 30 MINUTES and NOT 60 MINUTES as stated in the dv2012 rules!!! Make sure you have all the information that you require and are working with a high speed internet connection (especially those doing applications for a family; husband wife and children)! Otherwise it really be frustrating.

The application gives interesting confirmation numbers, mine has very few numbers and a lot of letters of the alphabet!

Goodluck!

Only-internet-explorer?????

Please-what-does-this-imply?THIS-WEBSITE-SUPPORTS-ONLY-INTERNET-EXPLORER-6.0-and-7.0.

Its-on-the-lottery-website.

Please-what-does-this-imply?THIS-WEBSITE-SUPPORTS-ONLY-INTERNET-EXPLORER-6.0-and-7.0.

Its-on-the-DV--lottery--website.

@mamamia: That is for the SSL Entry only! For people with normal internet connection, just use Standard Entry but for those with slow internet connections, they need to use SSL Entry and that one only works with internet explorer 6 and 7. It doesn't even work on Internet explorer 8 or 9. However, for the normal people and the majority of people, standard entry is ok with any browser this time. I remember last year there was a problem with Firefox but this time its ok with all browsers. Good luck!

Its-on-the-DV--lottery--website.

I entered the lottery tonight using Firefox (without SSL) and it was accepted. Maybe only the ssl forms need Internet Explorer.

URGENT!!! Can I apply for the lottery if my husband is OVERSTAYED????!!! I am on F1, what to do, please help!!!!!

ATTENTION!

the duration of time to fill in the online dv lottery form is 30 MINUTES and NOT 60 MINUTES as stated in the dv2012 rules!!! Make sure you have all the information that you require and are working with a high speed internet connection (especially those doing applications for a family; husband wife and children)! Otherwise it really be frustrating.

The application gives interesting confirmation numbers, mine has very few numbers and a lot of letters of the alphabet!

Goodluck!

Yeah mine had a lot of alphabets in it too. oh well, Wishing everyone all the best!!

Of course you can enter, but you will only find out if he gets the GC or not after the interview and after you have paid all fees. If then comes out he overstayed he will not granted a GC and you lose your fees and chances are that he will not be allowed to enter the US for a certain time frame.....UNLESS it doesn't come up in their computer but that is the risk of overstaying...he did it and now he has to live with the results of it...Sorry, that is what comes with not following the rules...

The desicion to enter is totally up to both of you...

hello all,

I 've been participating in the lottery for 1o years now. my two brothers won it, one did 11 years ago and the other 4 years ago
what i wanted to say is keep faith

the address line 1 & 2 have always confused me. does it simply mean if your address is too long then continue on line 2?
the other question is the photo. i have taken a dv photo and checked it it says valid but my shoulders arent there in the photo to the end its slightly cut before that doesnt show the edge

the other thing that this year's dv lottery they want applicant to include thier US citizen children if any, do you think they will bring these entries to the front as priority? or it will always be ramdonly selected

hello all,

I 've been participating in the lottery for 1o years now. my two brothers won it, one did 11 years ago and the other 4 years ago
what i wanted to say is keep faith

the address line 1 & 2 have always confused me. does it simply mean if your address is too long then continue on line 2?
the other question is the photo. i have taken a dv photo and checked it it says valid but my shoulders arent there in the photo to the end its slightly cut before that doesnt show the edge

the other thing that this year's dv lottery they want applicant to include thier US citizen children if any, do you think they will bring these entries to the front as priority? or it will always be ramdonly selected

the address line 1&2 is how it is used in the US.The first line is for your house number and the street name;the second line is for your apartment number-in case you live in an apartment building.If not,then just leave it blank.
I don't know how strict they are at KCC,in terms of pictures.Good Luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh, didn't keep my confirmation number - well I accidently crashed my web browser after I finished the application. So I'm automatically out of DV 2012? Is there any chance they might decide to send out results by mail or if I call them will I have any luck (any luck at all?)?