• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Shihabmh

Registered Users (C)
HEY GUYS:

Important Notice about DV-2012: The online registration for DV-2012 DV Lottery begins noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT -4), Tuesday, October 5, 2010, and ends noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT -5), Wednesday, November 3, 2010. See the DV Instructions webpage for more information

I'm telling you Sally. You got that one right . . .I've been trying my luck since 1993 and have lived in the U. S. in between for 4 years of my studies. So that explains even more how much I know what I want when I keep trying! I pray that this year is ours . . .

I'm telling you Sally. You got that one right . . .I've been trying my luck since 1993 and have lived in the U. S. in between for 4 years of my studies. So that explains even more how much I know what I want when I keep trying! I pray that this year is ours . . .

Since 1993,wow,that was my first attempt and my nerves are still in recovery mode:). GOOD LUCK!!!

Wow, Shihabmh that's an awful long time to be entering the lottery! I'd probably be after loosing hope of winning after that long. This year will be my second attempt at this. Fingers crossed I'll be successful this time around :)

By the way, it's extra important you keep the confirmation number you get after entering this year. Check page 5 of the instructions and it says that the electronic status check is the only way of finding out if you've won this time:

Entry Status Check will be the ONLY means by which selectees will be notified of their selection for DV-2012. The Kentucky Consular Center will not be mailing out notification letters. Those selected in the random drawing are NOT notified of their selection by e-mail. Those individuals NOT selected will be notified of their non-selection through the web-based Entry Status Check

Thanks AK27 for your motivational talk. Believe you me, I'm upto date with everything concerning living in the U. S. including everything about the DV Lottery. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input - we always overlook one thing or another. I said to myself that I'll never lose hope until I see the end of DV Lottery. I'm rather optimistic about this time and will attempt it more carefully with some few observational tips I got. Hopefully it'll do the trick. I wish you all the best of luck and I would keep on encouraging you never to lose hope because the one time that you will win will erase the thousand attempts that you failed. I also look at it this way - I have nothing to lose if I don't succeed an attempt and will have everything to gain on that one time that I will be selected!

Sally, don't worry! There's a friend of mine that I actually submitted the application for during the DV 2011 submissions and he got it. He knew nothing about the DV lottery and still knows nothing about it but he won. I submitted his application and I'm the one whose been helping him with the forms and all that . . .

Sally, don't worry! There's a friend of mine that I actually submitted the application for during the DV 2011 submissions and he got it. He knew nothing about the DV lottery and still knows nothing about it but he won. I submitted his application and I'm the one whose been helping him with the forms and all that . . .

I guess this time I will be more relaxed,since they won't mail any notification letters.So,no more walking to the mail box with sweaty hands every morning.Congrats to your friend,and I wish you best of luck because you really deserve to win after such a long period of time.

Considering that their online entry status check does not have such a great track record, I would prefer they kept sending the NLs.
Last time I checked my entry status, around the end of July, I was still shown as not selected, even though I had received the NL.
Hopefully, they are going to improve their software for next year. Anyway, good luck to you guys.

Thanks AK27 for your motivational talk. Believe you me, I'm upto date with everything concerning living in the U. S. including everything about the DV Lottery. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input - we always overlook one thing or another. I said to myself that I'll never lose hope until I see the end of DV Lottery. I'm rather optimistic about this time and will attempt it more carefully with some few observational tips I got. Hopefully it'll do the trick. I wish you all the best of luck and I would keep on encouraging you never to lose hope because the one time that you will win will erase the thousand attempts that you failed. I also look at it this way - I have nothing to lose if I don't succeed an attempt and will have everything to gain on that one time that I will be selected!

Hi! Just wanted to say "don't give up"! I played the lottery for about 10 years and I finally won when I least expected or hoped. I also lived in the States as a student for 8 years and I wish I won it then as it would have been much easier. But life works in mysterious ways and you will win the DV lottery probably when you least expect it. Good luck!

Zurich_girl: You are quite an inspiration. You've given me the best kind of hope so far. You sfituation seems very much like mine and I hope and pray that the results come out the same as yours at the end of it. And, once I win, I will look for you on the forum just to say "Thank you" for your great motivation!
Sally: Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't read the instructions fully but through you I realized early that we will be saved from the sweaty hands!!!
Baobab: There comes the scary part of it! I hope that you brought it to their attention that your confirmation number does not confirm you as a winner on the EDV site but you did actually receive the NL and are going on with the processing! That should help them improve on their website.

Hi

They will not send any NL this year? So how the selected will know they are the lucky chosen ones?

On the other hand, this will be my 3rd attempt; Actually I have been playing so far a double chance (my wife and I) but no luck. I am seriously thinking of this time paying one of those public services to handle the application. Do you think that it will make any difference?

Finally, I am a Moroccan permanent resident in Spain. So far I have been applying with my Spanish address. Do you think if I apply this time with a Moroccan address instead will make any difference?

Thanks guys.

That mean God loves me more or...

I wuldnt want to say God loves me more than evryone else, rather i'll like to wish u all luck this time around. 4yr i ago, wanted 2 enter 4 d lottery but i kept on procastinating, d next yr d same thing, in 2008 i decided to enter, while fillin d form, wen i got to d passport validation part, i had some dificulty so i abandon it, finally in 2009 i told my friend who is in U.S, he ask me to send my dtails i did just a day to d closing dat. lo and behold i won. Its God dat made it possible and He is still alive, it will be ur turn dis time if u beliv in Jesus name. Gudluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if I applied for the second time, I had forgotten it untill I receive the NL1 few months back. However I know some of you badly need this opportunity for your future life.
So wish you guys, all the best and luck to be a one of 50000 winners of DV 2012.
I should say 'DO not give up'

Thank you all for your morale boosting pieces. I, for one, will not give up trying and will keep on submitting applications for friends and family as well. I will keep doing this even if it would be all I submit for get green cards and I do not. However, I do believe that with prayers and faith, God knows what the best time for me to get a green card is.

Let us keep this thread active so that we can lead each other towards this common goal!

Thanks KennyEast. I've convinced some members of my household and yes they are in this time. I appreciate your motivation!

guess i should have posted my question (forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?316875-Dv-2012 ) here, in this thread instead of creating my own.

btw, did anybody read the #16 of the FAQ section of the dv 2012 instructions?

I'm not sure I completely understand this:

Within each region, the first entry randomly selected will be the first case registered; the second entry selected the second registration, etc