• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Under Adiminstrative Processing

Any more good news? Come on people, only two days left now???????????????

Best wishes!!!!!

Hi Firas,

No news till now for me, I think I'm going to kill my self (just joking) I hope to here something today Inshaullah.

Regards

Finally .. The Visa has been issued

Dear All,

I would like to inform all of you that, Today I have received e-mail from US-Embassy telling me that, the visa has been issued.

After (115) days under Administrative Processing.

Thanks to all of you guys, hope to hear a good news from your end too.

Regards

Dear All,

I would like to inform all of you that, Today I have received e-mail from US-Embassy telling me that, the visa has been issued.

Regards

Congratulations, brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

Dear All,

Regards

You made it the last day! Congrats

Thank you all of my friends in this thread and forum. I have picked up my visa on 3rd September (Thanks to Allah) exactly after 7 days of my interview. Sorry friends I was sick and I couldn't update my status in this forum. I have got lots of information and hope in this forum from all of my friends which helped me to got the visa finally.

Dear All,

Regards

I told you so man :) ... congrats and Welcome to America :)

Hi Firas,

I would like to ask you about GC and SSN, Did you pay any fees for GC & SSN application?

Thanking you in advance

No I didn't pay anything, tell me if you need anything else.

Thank you Firas for your answer, in fact, I just arrived to Los Angeles today with my wife and my daughter. At the airport, the officer gave me a paper showing that I will receive my GC within 3 - 6 Months !! Do I need to do anything to get it faster?

Regards

Thank you Firas for your answer, in fact, I just arrived to Los Angeles today with my wife and my daughter. At the airport, the officer gave me a paper showing that I will receive my GC within 3 - 6 Months !! Do I need to do anything to get it faster?

Regards

Actually no..., they always tell you that it will take the maximum range but usually you will receive it in 2 weeks

Thanks a lot Firas, What about SSN? Do I need to apply for it? in Form DS-230 Part 2 I answer the questions like this:-

43a. Have you ever applied for a Social Security Number (SSN)? --- NO

Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card? --- YES

43b. Consent to Disclosure: I authorize disclosure of information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a Social Security card, and I authorize the SSA to share my SSN with the INS ----YES

Thank you in advance.

Thanks a lot Firas, What about SSN? Do I need to apply for it? in Form DS-230 Part 2 I answer the questions like this:-

43a. Have you ever applied for a Social Security Number (SSN)? --- NO

Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card? --- YES

43b. Consent to Disclosure: I authorize disclosure of information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Social Security Administration (SSA), such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a Social Security card, and I authorize the SSA to share my SSN with the INS ----YES

Thank you in advance.

To tell you the truth it is my biggest mistake to answer Yes for that question
Well, I did wait a Whole month and then I decided to go to the Social Security Administration to see why I didn't receive my SSN yet
I found out that they did not receive any application from USCIS to generate a new number for me so I had to fill a new application and wait for another week to receive the SSN
so my advise to you is this
once you receive your green card ... take it and go straight ahead to SSA and file a new application

Thank you Firas, you really doing a good job by answering the questions and I'm insist to put my questions here in this forum and not in private message so it can help other people.

What about I-94, Did you give it at the passport point? Did they give it back to you?

For me they asked about I-94 and did not give it back to me, only the welcome letter.

Regards