• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Winners From Ethiopia Meet Here

Thank God!! We had our interview successfuly today...we arrived to the embassy at 6am and waited until 7am then we get in to the embassy,dropped documents.they told us to come back at 1pm for interview..we came at 1pm and the interview was preety easy..dad paid 1050ETB first for himself
Co:swear and take a fingerprint
we did
Co: sign on dsp230 if z information is true
we did
co: where u are intending to live?
Dad: xxx
co:tell me all of ur children age.
Mom: xxx
co: who is this in the form(sponsor)
dad:xxx
Co: looked over mine passport and birth certificate and there was an error so pointed to it and told dad to come back with adjusted birth certificate..everythng is ok and u can submit birth cert. Next monday until thursday 1pm...
Then she told dad if he want to pay the money right now for mom and us or after submitting birth cert.dad told her to pay it now....that was all..no more question asked..thankyou lord!! Thanku all of you.

Good News.. all the best.

Thank God!! We had our interview successfuly today...we arrived to the embassy at 6am and waited until 7am then we get in to the embassy,dropped documents.they told us to come back at 1pm for interview..we came at 1pm and the interview was preety easy..dad paid 1050ETB first for himself
Co:swear and take a fingerprint
we did
Co: sign on dsp230 if z information is true
we did
co: where u are intending to live?
Dad: xxx
Mom: xxx
co: who is this in the form(sponsor)
Co: looked over mine passport and birth certificate and there was an error so pointed to it and told dad to come back with adjusted birth certificate..everythng is ok and u can submit birth cert. Next monday until thursday 1pm...
Then she told dad if he want to pay the money right now for mom and us or after submitting birth cert.dad told her to pay it now....that was all..no more question asked..thankyou lord!! Thanku all of you.

Glory to God that u finally made it,Welcome to America.is it 14050 or 1050 ETB that ur dad paid for a person? please correct the figure so that others wont perplexed.

Glory to God that u finally made it,Welcome to America.is it 14050 or 1050 ETB that ur dad paid for a person? please correct the figure so that others wont perplexed.

sorry i posted a wrong number it is 14050 ETB per a person...14050 ETB=819.213 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
Safely arrived at Silver Spring 2day,deprted from Addis on 11/11/11

Hey Fikalab, thank God u get there safely, i wish u all the bests. it was great job of u to create this forum and was great to have u here, hope u will continue in helping us.

Stay in touch!

thank god!! We had our interview successfuly today...we arrived to the embassy at 6am and waited until 7am then we get in to the embassy,dropped documents.they told us to come back at 1pm for interview..we came at 1pm and the interview was preety easy..dad paid 1050etb first for himself
co:swear and take a fingerprint
we did
co: Sign on dsp230 if z information is true
we did
co: Where u are intending to live?
Dad: Xxx
Mom: Xxx
co: Who is this in the form(sponsor)
co: Looked over mine passport and birth certificate and there was an error so pointed to it and told dad to come back with adjusted birth certificate..everythng is ok and u can submit birth cert. Next monday until thursday 1pm...

congratulations

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt 21,000
Ethiopia 21,500
Nigeria 16,000
ASIA 23,900
EUROPE 22,000 Except: Uzbekistan 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

we got our visa

thank God we got our visa, will post the interview experience soon. thanks all who helped me, specially Fikaleab,

thank God we got our visa, will post the interview experience soon. thanks all who helped me, specially Fikaleab,

Please Hela share your interview experience asap, my interview is next week.

Did they ask for affidavit of support, assets, job offer?

Thank you, and congratulations for your visa!!

simple questions on the interview

hi all, sorry for taking long time for posting the interview experience, it was the simplest, the interviewer officer just asked us on what profession that my husband graduated and he asked him if he is working on this profession in Ethiopia at this time. then he did appriciate that we graduated on the same proffession and he did seen the face of our baby. (she was borned after we sent the ds form)

Wow

hi all, sorry for taking long time for posting the interview experience, it was the simplest, the interviewer officer just asked us on what profession that my husband graduated and he asked him if he is working on this profession in Ethiopia at this time. then he did appriciate that we graduated on the same proffession and he did seen the face of our baby. (she was borned after we sent the ds form)

That was double blessings......newborn and a new country to live in....the baby is blessed.