• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

hello house,
AF00012xxx. pls I will like to know if I can know the number of Africans before me or better still the numbers of Nigerians before me.
Thanks.

What do you think???

I'll also advise everyone here not to destroy his/her Case Number, but continue to check-online from time to time, because this people could be very funny sometimes. They may decide to release more names/notify more people as winners, if they should need more winners.
Otherwise their could be an error on their web site, which might notify even some winners as "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED", and even if they later understood such, they may be ashamed to tell people about that, but secretly get it corrected, and it should be only the clever people would reap from that opportunity.

I'll also advise everyone here not to destroy his/her Case Number, but continue to check-online from time to time, because this people could be very funny sometimes. They may decide to release more names/notify more people as winners, if they should need more winners.
Otherwise their could be an error on their web site, which might notify even some winners as "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED", and even if they later understood such, they may be ashamed to tell people about that, but secretly get it corrected, and it should be only the clever people would reap from that opportunity.

U meant confirmation number?

Keep applying guys, you will never win since it's not a lottery anymore.
They have to rename this program from "Lottery" to "Presenting GC's to USA visa holders".
And feel free to answer "NO" to a Counsul's question about your taking part in this Lottery, since there are No lottery at all :rolleyes:

Yes you are right. Keep trying until you win the green card.

I have won the lottery but I will not proceed with the steps, because sooo much money is required(about $5000) and the chances of being accepted are 50% so why the sacrafice???

If you don't have 5000$ for you and your family don't push it. Just give up. You will need much more later.

hello,
I have been selected for DV lottery 2012,I am currently living in US on F2 visa(Student's dependent).
I was wondering if anyone have ever heard about a case same as me.
I do not know waht to do.
thanks

You should go for green card thru AOS. You will be fine, just search on this forum DV 2012 AOS.

If you don't have 5000$ for you and your family don't push it. Just give up. You will need much more later.

Nah,I have them but I can use $5000 to pay school for my kids at least, sacrificing $5000 for a 50/50 chance is hard decision.

Does anyone know when the interview letters will start to be sent out? I just want to know whether I should start getting medical and police records sorted...or should I wait cause I know the medical certificate can expire!
ta

Just wait for your notification letter. First letters will be out very soon. (end of August probably)

Please..will they mail out the notification letters for interview to your address cos i heared KCC is kinda doing everything online now..and when is nigeria goin 2 be current.

Please..will they mail out the notification letters for interview to your address cos i heared KCC is kinda doing everything online now..and when is nigeria goin 2 be current.

Yes, they will mail you your 2nd Notification Letter. Check the visa bulletins for previous years to get an idea of when you might be current.

Im sorry but it confuses me to be truthful nd with the little delay from may to july....My case number is 2012AF000054** when im i likely to go for an interview?

A question was raised somewhere on the forum and so I am re-posting - did they re-set the case numbers back to 0001 after May 5th incident or are the case numbers all unique to avoid confusion - this is important as it could mean people will be up for processing sooner!

A question was raised somewhere on the forum and so I am re-posting - did they re-set the case numbers back to 0001 after May 5th incident or are the case numbers all unique to avoid confusion - this is important as it could mean people will be up for processing sooner!

It makes sense to keep the numbers unique and avoid confusion.

did you notice in the latest visa bulletin prediction for Sept listed all regions as current - which I guess means that everyone who wanted a GC will be getting one!