• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Hi,
I am a newbie here and just checked the results and was not selected, neither my wife was. However, I figured out that if I put my Confirmation Number and another last name other than mine and a different date of birth it still accepts it. And if I change the last two digits of my CN it also accept that. That is weird, seems they did not fix the glitch yet.

That's the way it's always been. The default is NOT selected all the time, no matter what's entered. But if someone has actually been selected and he keys in the right info, then the winning message comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
result is out , and i am not selected . may be next year i participat in lottery , but i have same problem with cheking status and i do not get the information "you may check again " , if i am not selected why would i check it agian ? is that a mind game or something like it ? bye the way congratulation to all selecties .

Last edited by a moderator:
that is true , dv lottery makes noises around the world , why dont we make a fan club out of it ? like dv fans ? we could come and share our emotions around it .

hi everyone,
I'm from algeria and my question is i have copy past a CN 201221V69xxxxxx during registration.
A CN from africa lokks like 2012AFxxxxx.
Is it right ?

I put in funny numbers and it said not selected there is something wrong with the system it just says not selected try it its fun!

Imagine somebody has 100 entries and no selection on them yet! There is something wrong with the system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine somebody has 100 entries and no selection on them yet! There is something wrong with the system!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you expect form a outdated web system based on a form that even checks what the hell are you entering....it doesn't even count the number of digits in the CN to see what are you introducing...

I put in funny numbers and it said not selected there is something wrong with the system it just says not selected try it its fun!

Thats weird, you absolutely right. Their system is being truly dumb, even with random numbers it says the same thing "Has not been selected". This year lottery sucks as hell.

I applied for three people including myself. No one was selected :(

DV 2013 here we come unless they cancel the lottery.

dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ should be the link to check the dv2012 result, but it can't give me the access to do that, as it is still displaying the old story of the 22,000 result info; or has the link been changed. my browser is explorer 9, pls. how can I check my result.

dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ should be the link to check the dv2012 result, but it can't give me the access to do that, as it is still displaying the old story of the 22,000 result info; or has the link been changed. my browser is explorer 9, pls. how can I check my result.

Hi,
Greetings from the Czech Republic-Europe. I won and my case number is 2012EU000012XX. I can't find whether it is probable that the visa will be issued or not. Do anybody know more details about limits related to Europe?
Thanks a lot!
Jarek