• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

NUVF and Nand LK

Can I have your experience with medical check ups
Since we do not have a record of our vaccinations history, will it be a problem?
Would doctor ask all the vaccinations to be given, again?
Are those vaccinations expensive in Sri Lanka?

I think medical is not a problem for DV winners.. That's normal...

Srilankan must take medical report from ASIRI HOSPITAL. and Meet Dr. Rajendra

NUVF and Nand LK

Can I have your experience with medical check ups
Since we do not have a record of our vaccinations history, will it be a problem?
Would doctor ask all the vaccinations to be given, again?
Are those vaccinations expensive in Sri Lanka?

I had only basic physical in SL. I had all vaccines before in US.
anyways,
what do you mean 'no records'? did you mean the childhood stuff? if so, they are not relevent.

OR were you in US and got some of those reqd vaccines before? is that what you mean?
If you were on F1 visa you may have got MMR, try get those from your school student health. Or other facility you got them.
If no records on these at all, then you will have to take them again. But talk to Dr about that before.

You need ONLY (in general) the ones in yellow in the following, in the fig 1.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf
Dr may try give more but show this and ask for less.
They should have the latest US-CDC guidelines but I remember last year the Dr did not have those with her and I gave those to her!!
Also if you have had Varicella (chickenpox/papol), you do not need that vaccine also. Drs normally accept patients' verbal confirmation on this and write 'immune' there.

I recommend Asiri for the medicals.

Best!

PS: In my understanding the CO do not go item by item in the medical report. They just go by the Dr's final confirmation that all is Ok. So try convince Dr if they want you to do/take anything more than the minm reqmt.

Another issue is that most think that you need to wait for 2nd NL for medicals. Generally that is true but not a MUST.
Medicals are valid for CP/AoS for 1 year, in general.
But if one's CN is high and if any unknown yet resolvable complication come up in medicals, then what? (for eg. more tests for TB)
So, 4-5 mos before you think your high CN is current go talk to embassy (get medical forms) and/or go talk to Dr (they should have med forms too)
I do not think 2nd NL or embassy letter is a must (it should not be though, IMO). talk and see.

More for ref;

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/vietnam/8621/pdf-forms/DS-2053.pdf (you will need the latest from Dr or emb.)
OR http://www.immihelp.com/immigrant-visa/ds-2053-medical-examination-immigrant-visa.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/default.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/2009-ti-vaccination.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...chnical-instructions-panel-physicians.html#ti

Last edited by a moderator:
Comprehensive reply
Thanks NUVF

Yup indeed.

When I went for my medicals, asiri asked me the date of the interview. In my case it was the lady doctor. I also belive, the 2nd NL is not a must, but I dunno why they asked the date of the interview. Sometimes, they may want to prioritize according to interview date. So no matter what you can go ahead with the medicals, considering the validity period and the possible interview date.

One important thing, if your wife (if applicable) is pregnant (if applicable again :)) then do not do the X-Ray for her. That is for the safety of your child. BTW, I couldn't recall a single instance where they had a look at the X-Rays in the interview, as I believe they wanted me to take it to the POE, US. However, they haven't look at them either. Although as the documents suggest you go with your X-Rays ready.

regards,

Nand

Yup indeed.

One important thing, if your wife (if applicable) is pregnant (if applicable again :)) then do not do the X-Ray for her. That is for the safety of your child..

regards,

Nand

Oh no...! NOT applicable to me. Anyhow thanks again

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

Asia-11600
Big disappointment........any one know the reasons??

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

Asia-11600
Big disappointment........any one know the reasons??

serusly sri i ddnt expect thz...

Last edited by a moderator:
in the visa bulletin of this month, it says DECEMBER 2010 (coming soon). does this mean visa bulletin for January will be released soon b4 coming month?

never hv ssen visa bulletin of each month being released b4 the actual date of release.
anyway, this month cut-off number is SMALL FOR ALL COUNTRIES...

in the visa bulletin of this month, it says DECEMBER 2010 (coming soon). does this mean visa bulletin for January will be released soon b4 coming month?

never hv ssen visa bulletin of each month being released b4 the actual date of release.
anyway, this month cut-off number is SMALL FOR ALL COUNTRIES...

same think..... and I'm expecting bigger than DEC for JAN

CUT-OFF -2010 CUT-OFF 2011

OCT 7000 9000
NOV 7200 10750
DEC 8250 11600
JAN 9475 XXXX (coming soon)
FEB 10550 XXXX
MAR 12000
APR 13600
MAY 16400
JUN 19550
JUL 23500
AUG 28700
SEP CURRENT CURRENT (NOT DEFINITE)

28700 36000 or high (NOT DEFINITE)
HIGH 34000 48000 (until i know)

My Case number is 2011AS5XXX
Documents sent to KCC - 15/06/2010
2nd notification dated 18th of september
Documents recieved to srilanka

Thanks all

Hi Dulanga,

What do say on the 2nd notification letter? My understanding is that on the 2nd notification letter they confirm your interview date and list documents you need to bring on the day of the interview. Is that correct?

How do you know your documents have been sent to Sri Lanka?

Thanks