• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

Does anyone know here, whether the Marriage certificate needs to be attested through the Ministry of Foreign affairs or not?

As far as I know, you don't have to. I received GC few days ago. I didn't do the above.

However, I got the translation done by a Sworn Translator from Registrar General's Department.

Good Luck.

regards,

Nand

Few days ago I got my GC. So excited about it. If anyone has any questions just shoot. I had many. There were none around. :). Only this forum :). I am in a mood to answer. Specially if you are from SRI LANKA. Bcoz, I went the through the process in SL. Not that I know everything, but I know few :D.

Even I helped a guy met at the embassy. I was about to face the interview and he was submitting his ticket for A/L and O/L certificates. He was getting not so great responses from "local" representatives from the embassy, I felt bad about that and gave him my number to call :D.

regards,

Nand

Few days ago I got my GC. So excited about it. If anyone has any questions just shoot. I had many. There were none around. :). Only this forum :). I am in a mood to answer. Specially if you are from SRI LANKA. Bcoz, I went the through the process in SL. Not that I know everything, but I know few :D.

Even I helped a guy met at the embassy. I was about to face the interview and he was submitting his ticket for A/L and O/L certificates. He was getting not so great responses from "local" representatives from the embassy, I felt bad about that and gave him my number to call :D.

regards,

Nand

Well, Nand, do we need the sponsor letter and the bank statesmans or one of them?
Can we know if our medicals are OK before go to the interview?
You know in SL, a certified copy of BC is always issued . Is it accepted by Embassy?
I and my wife have name slightly different on BC , passport and some certificates. What is the solution?
If any applicant is not confident in English speaking, could it be the reason to fail in the interview?

This is few of many questions I have
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I was poking my head in here, I thought i will answer....hope its ok!!
see below...in bold!

Best!

Well, Nand, do we need the sponsor letter and the bank statesmans or one of them?
'Support' letter is required. But due to the 'case by case basis' principal, you are better off going over prepared. Bank statements on whatever you got, land valuation/assessment report, EPF balance etc etc. And if possible an i-134 too

Yes, you get your own 'copy' as well. Chk it, dbl chk it for any Dr 'mistakes' before going to intvw.
And Dr will most likely tell you if anything is 'wrong' with your health.

You know in SL, a certified copy of BC is always issued . Is it accepted by Embassy?

Not correct, you ALWAYS get an original, ppl just misplace or loose it!! Then the next ones are just certified copies what they give you.
Your original may be with the schools where you left 12th gr, go check with them.
Get your original 'last school leaving cert' as well, it will have your Bday per school records. Per US regulations an original BC is NOT A MUST for a CO to issue a visa. They can be flexible on it. Some posts accept just affidavits from parents. I blv CMB post accept certified copy of BC with an original school leaving cert. Go get that.

I and my wife have name slightly different on BC , passport and some certificates. What is the solution?

That should be fine if they are 'slight'. Do not try correct them at this moment. Are they just spellings or the order in appearance, or completely different names? 1st 2 may be acceptable, will have trbl if 3rd.

If any applicant is not confident in English speaking, could it be the reason to fail in the interview?

English language competence is not at all a prob for intvw purpose. They have translators in there to help you. But it may be different if you are claiming DV qualification based solely on 'job expierience'. Even if one only has A/L s for DV then they also look for O/L (C or S pass, may be C) in Maths and....guess what....Sinhala or Tamil NOT English!!

This is few of many questions I have
Thanks in advance

hey everybody i am new in this forum. my case number is 2011as17### can any body tell me when it will be current?

I believe you have read Nuvf's excellent reply to this, I would like to add few more comments.

Sponsor letter is a must. As NuvF said, take what ever possible. More the better.

You can ask it from the Dr informally. In my case she told everything is fine :) apart from my heart being the mirror image from others :D.

Get whatever the oldest Birth Certificate you have. This was one of the main headaches I had (may be many of us). As NuvF pointed out you could check it from the school, If you didn't get that already. In my case, I took 3 certificates to the interview, one from the Hospital where I was born (only contained Mother's name, date time and few more info), one having the title "Uppanna Sahathiyakayen Uputaa gath ...." and one of course a copy taken just few days after I was born. All of those certificates were really old and almost falling apart. :). (Although this may sound weird, but I think they also like to see a old certificate).

To be in the safe side, get affidavits for you and your wife's name changes, from a lawyer (English version). Basically it should state, name A in Certificate B, name B in Certificate C...etc. is referring the same person.

It won't be a problem, as I heard they have translators. However, if you believe you can manage, do not take the translator. Unlike, some of our fellow citizens, they won't laugh, or find faults, but they'll listen more to get the meaning of what we are trying to say. See NuvFs reply too..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Madu,
I have small doubt about what you written your bottom one.you mentioned there your case number become date."CN became current 10/06/2010" like this.that mean in June bulletin your visa became current or may bulletin visa became current.Onother thing did KCC inform you by e-mail before your 2nd notification letter comes in 18/06/2010.I would much appreciate if you could provide me answer for above 2 questions.
thanks.

Hello Guys,

Did you know if they ask for GCE A/L certificate at the interview? I'm having some trouble getting my A/L certificate as I sat for London GCE A/Ls long time ago. But I already obtained my GCE O/L certificate and have a US degree if they ask for additional education qualifications at the interview.

I just indicated on the application I have a high school diploma under education qualification section and did not go into O/L or A/L details. I hope this not going to be a problem.

Thanks for your advise

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hello Guys,

Did you know if they ask for GCE A/L certificate at the interview? I'm having some trouble getting my A/L certificate as I sat for London GCE A/Ls long time ago. But I already obtained my GCE O/L certificate and have a US degree if they ask for additional education qualifications at the interview.

I just indicated on the application I have a high school diploma under education qualification section and did not go into O/L or A/L details. I hope this not going to be a problem.

Thanks for your advise

If you have O/L Results . This is enough

NUVF and Nand LK

Can I have your experience with medical check ups
Since we do not have a record of our vaccinations history, will it be a problem?
Would doctor ask all the vaccinations to be given, again?
Are those vaccinations expensive in Sri Lanka?