• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?
3. Describe this 1st meeting.
4. Did you make arrangements to meet again?
5. Did you exchange phone numbers?
6. Where was your first date?
7. When and where did your spouse propose to you?
8. Where did you marry, at Church, the Courthouse? Did you have a wedding reception?
9. Why didn’t you have a honeymoon?
10. Why didn't you have a wedding?
11. What are the names of your in-laws?
12. Have you met them?
13. Name some of your spouse’s best friends?
14. Have you met them?
15. How many rooms are in the house?
16. Do you attend religious services together? What is the name of the religious establishment /pastor,
17. How many siblings does your spouse have?
18. Name the siblings of your spouse
19. Why did you decide to get married on your date of marriage?
20. What does your spouse do for living
21. Where does s/he work
22. What are your spouses hobbies
23. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
24. Did you live together before marriage?
25. When and where did you get married.
26. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
27. Where did you purchase the ring? Did you and your spouse purchase it together?
28. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
29. Where was it held?
30. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
31. Describe the reception.
32. Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
33. Did you go on a honeymoon?
34. Where did you live after the marriage?
35. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, , appliances.
36. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
37. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
38. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
39. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
40. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
41. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse
42. What is your salary?
43. When was the last vacation you had from work?
44. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
45. What is your spouse’s salary?
46. What is your spouse's telephone No
47. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
48. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
49. Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones?
50. How much is your rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
51. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
52. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
53. Do you own any property together?
54. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
55. Have you taken any trips or vacations together?
56. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
57. What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
58. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
59. Who cooks the meals at the house?
60. What is your spouse's favorite food?
61. What is your favorite food?
62. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
63. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
64. Did you watch TV after dinner? What did watch?
65. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
66. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
67. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
68. What is your spouses' favorite color, place to visit
69. Who is the owner of the house where you live?
70. How many children do you intend to have or How many children are yet to be born?

The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.

U can see the experience of this couples also:

Hi

I went to the interview with my wife, who is a DV lottery winner. We have been married for ten years. Our interview was in London in August 2010. They didn't ask for any additional documents or evidence of marriage such as wedding photos etc. What you should bring with you to the interview are the documents listed in the NL. Naturally, marriage certificate is very important as it is the official document that proofs your marriage.

Because my wife is the DV lottery winner, she was asked lots of "tricky" questions in the interview. For example: when did you get your high school diploma? When I tried to help her, the officer got angry because I am not the winner but my wife is. Therefore, I shouldn't say anything and she must answer the questions correctly. Ok, that suited me fine.

Because my wife is the winner, they checked only her school diplomas. My wife had a high school diploma but she didn't have a document that would show the scores for each course she took in high school, so the officer became unsure if my wife's high school degree is comparable to that in the U.S. It turned out to be a problem, but we managed to sort that out. Then again, the officer started to hesitate about issuing the visa, as my wife has been house wife for the past ten years and she won't be working in the U.S. Our idea is that I will be working and she will stay home, taking care of our kids that we're planning to have after moving to the U.S.

At that point, I showed the officer my PhD diploma and a letter from my (non-US) employer explaining my position, salary and a work history of eight years in that organization. I believe there is a strong demand for my skills and experience in the U.S. and it seemed that the officer thought so, too. Once the officer saw these documents, she became convinced that my wife and I will not be a burden on U.S. social services and I will be able to get a job (and a salary) that enables our life in the United States. Only now I was allowed to speak on behalf of my wife, and the rest of the interview was between me and the officer.
nice interview
my wife is dv winner and works as a nurse but i the husband is currently unemployed, our interview is soon, do you think the co will kill me with questions?

@ ovicity Thank you for the response. Actually it is the wife that won the lottery. If they get a wedding certificate after the application date for the visa lottery which is last year would it not affect them?

@Lanreb, Thanks too… the advise I get here will go a long way to assist them on how to move on, yes they have a 3month old baby which they did not include when I applied for them.. it’s funny I forgot to make mention of it in my question.

@all at the moment she is still pessimistic about proceeding with the whole process. Also I forgot to mention in my question that they now have a 3month old baby which was not included when they applied for the lottery… Do you think the baby will be an advantage or disadvantage to them getting a visa. Please also advise on the best way to now include the new born baby that was not included when I applied for them and would there be anything like a DNA test requested from them? Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Best regards

@strangest1,once dia mariage is ok,de wont any prob wt addin dia baby since d baby was born afta de playd.I was in dt shoe.I jst maild KCC dt we now have a baby wt scanned copy of my baby birth cert,pasport photo.Then go for d interview wt my baby's ds 230 form.Dts all

But I think people use to change the Naira to USD @ 160 per USD at the embassy, Has that process stopped?

I asked him severally and he said he had up to N130,000 and they never agreed to take that.Again N160/USD means N131,000 when multiplied by 819USD.So others should take note. Get ur dollar down on time so that one alhaji no go disappoint you in the tick of time.

Hello dadadada72,

how are you? my case number is 2011AF00069XXX, i am still waiting for my second NL. my question is, are they going to send me an email to let me knw when to expect it, or do i hav to get in touch with them? plz get back to me. thank you.

its a bit nerve racking but God is in control.

nice interview
my wife is dv winner and works as a nurse but i the husband is currently unemployed, our interview is soon, do you think the co will kill me with questions?

Dont be afraid my brother. Just prepare yourself and your wife for the interview based on the list of questions i set above. The CO'S dont have time to waist,
so at most u should not spend up to 20 minutes with him. Just trust God for divine favour and make sure u coach your wife very well. Both of u should give
thesame answers on thesame questions asked by the CO. Just be prepare and practice night and day. All the best. One love!

@ ovicity Thank you for the response. Actually it is the wife that won the lottery. If they get a wedding certificate after the application date for the visa lottery which is last year would it not affect them?

@Lanreb, Thanks too… the advise I get here will go a long way to assist them on how to move on, yes they have a 3month old baby which they did not include when I applied for them.. it’s funny I forgot to make mention of it in my question.

@all at the moment she is still pessimistic about proceeding with the whole process. Also I forgot to mention in my question that they now have a 3month old baby which was not included when they applied for the lottery… Do you think the baby will be an advantage or disadvantage to them getting a visa. Please also advise on the best way to now include the new born baby that was not included when I applied for them and would there be anything like a DNA test requested from them? Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Best regards

My brother, getting a certicate of marriage from the court will never affect them cos the CO'S knows that from this part of the world, our main concern is traditional
marriage. Its either we go for traditional marraige or church wedding or we go for both. U can do your court wedding anytime as long as u av back up papers.
They can tell the CO that they urgently went for the court wedding as soon as they notice they won the lottery and its part of the official document requested to
present as marriage certificate to the embassy. They are totally safe and thank God the also have a baby to show for it.

As for the DNA tst u asked for, its capital NO. They dont request for DNA test, and YES the baby is a big advantage to them. It shows the wife was pregnant while
the lottery was onn and they is no place they ask for pregnant women to fill. I cant see how u can add a baby yet unborn to the initial application. Do u know the
sex of the baby or do u know what name u want to give the baby? They are good to go for the interview. Just teach and prepare them very well, since u are thier
guardian. One love bro!

Hello House,
I live in Benin city,Edo state and would like to know if Lagos is the only place to get Police Clearance certificate for DV visa process?...... is the certificate from lagos the only one accepted by the US embassy and where in Lagos is it done?....Thanks.

Hello,
When filling out my educational information on my form,i did not include my primary school..i only put down my secondary/high school and university...do i need to resend that information or what?....i already mailed the forms to kcc

Hello House,
I live in Benin city,Edo state and would like to know if Lagos is the only place to get Police Clearance certificate for DV visa process?...... is the certificate from lagos the only one accepted by the US embassy and where in Lagos is it done?....Thanks.

You can have it done @ alagbon in IKOYI, Lagos,,

Hello,
When filling out my educational information on my form,i did not include my primary school..i only put down my secondary/high school and university...do i need to resend that information or what?....i already mailed the forms to kcc

You should take patient in filling forms like this. well, that's not a problem.. just go with the necessary certificates on the day of ur interview and also your police certificate is valid for 3 months i guess so you dont need to rush your sef when getting one...Your case nos wil be current nextyear around june or july,,,But how many winners do we have from Nigeria???
all d best