• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@Obeezyb I din't inform anyone, just booked a flight with the final destination being Baltimore. I entered through Minneapolis and I just handed the CO my docs and the new address. It took me less than 15 minutes and I was done.

Glad to know,many thanks.

I must admit that the 2012 forumates are a blessed lot as the lord has been faithful to them.They have also been very active,i wish us the 2012 winners can be active n i pray that the favour of the lord be upon us like the 2011 lot,however guys i wish to clarify something
1.i entered a wrong date of birth,ie 1986 instead of 1987,
2.i married thru customary marriage and in 2010 has no photos but i have formalized my marriage in 2012 n have the cert of marriage and the photos and we don't have a child yet as we are in university..however we have several photos of courtship and with family members,any SUGGESTION OF PROBLEMS IM LIKELY TO GET DURING INTERVIEW??

@Nsh422 Send a note to KCC clarifying your date of birth and for the marriage, the marriage certificate will do and also the courtship photos will help, but I hope you had enterred the DVS as a couple not as single.All the best

@Members from Kenya,

Note that from this year the Nairobi office is very strict on the KCSE GRADES one has to have attained a minimum of grade C to be given a visa. Those with lower grades might fail to qualify.

needing information about dv 2013

Hello olyn,i just won the dv 2013 and my number is 2013AF44xxx,the visa bulletin for the month of August and September this 2013 show current " plz what does that mean and when will an interview date be available for my case.

thanks a million

Allen

Hello olyn,i just won the dv 2013 and my number is 2013AF44xxx,the visa bulletin for the month of August and September this 2013 show current " plz what does that mean and when will an interview date be available for my case.

thanks a million

Allen

Congratulations Allen;

"Current" means everyone who has applied for a visa will be able to secure an interview date.

U should be current around May 2013 & thus ur interview date will be mentioned in ur 2nd notification.

Just go thru this thread http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548575-Dv-2013-kenyan-selectees-report-here!!!! to get the hang of things.

Good day.

Do you have to apply for your SS card?

Hello,

Just moved here two weeks ago and I was told that I will automatically receive my Social Security card.
Can someone please inform if we need to apply.
Also how long before we get the Green card? Was told about 4-8 weeks.

Thanks and God Bless:)

Congrats Kenweed ..Please keep us informed on how life is on the other side in terms of job opportunity, FOOD, and anything that you might find useful to some of us who have just started the process..all the best!

Life in US is fast paced, roads are wide with people driving on the other side of the road and people talk too fast. Food seems expensive compared to Ksh especially the vegetables. Jobs are available in different fields but have to wait for the Green card and SS to start.

Hope this helps:)

Good luck!

sorry did not see the mail;, but you have been answere. current -means that every one from the region listed will secure an interview.-but on different dates. so you either send an e-mail confirm your interview date-thus if you haven't recieved the second notification.
secondly you should be ready with all your documents.Wish you well.

Life in US is fast paced, roads are wide with people driving on the other side of the road and people talk too fast. Food seems expensive compared to Ksh especially the vegetables. Jobs are available in different fields but have to wait for the Green card and SS to start.

Hope this helps:)

Good luck!
Hae sanfordbound,
Man from Kenya, how fast are they at talking?

SUCCESSFUL
Hi all, have been out of this for sometimes - my phones refused to access the site.
Anyway, our interview was yesterday 12th and the questions were very few and simple -
The CO asked us to swear that we'll tell the truth
He asked the date of our marriage - told him the date and when we registered it
When did you pay the dowry? - told him and added that I have not paid it fully
When was your daughter born? - told (he noted I was the one answering the question and he switched to my wife who's the winner?
Which school did you attend - answered
In which grades did you perform best - she answered
In which did you perform poorly - answered
He then asked how we intend to suppor ourselves in the states - answered we intend to be hosted by our sister at this point i told him we want to change the host from my younger to elder sister - I gave him the address (By the way they didnt change it - the envelopes we were given still have the younger sister's address - though its not a big issue)
He pulled a green paper and confirmed our visas to be collected today at 2.00pm
THAT SIMPLE. To all the others who have not attended, wish you all the best. @Valvin, congrats for the success - we sat on the same bench yesterday and today though we dont know each other.
It was such a great and simple interview, Hope ours will be like this one.
God bless.

It was such a great and simple interview, Hope ours will be like this one.
God bless.

Exactly one year since I posted my interview experience - seems like yesterday though. Things have greatly changed since then, from being a very green to being mwenyeji. I can say life here in the first few months range from difficult to really difficult, not an easy one but it depends on many factors: your host, how courageous you are, other kenyans around you and so on. It took me and my wife exactly 4 months to get our job, and exactly 7 months to rent our house. Am now 11 months old and am settled, actually planning to host someone in this forum in the next very few months. Found so many Kenyans here - over100 of them! We have a Kenyan Church - feels like home.
Where is akina Valvin, Wakahu, olyn, wanjeri and other 2011's, mlienda wapi? and how are you guys doing? Niko Lititz, PA.

Exactly one year since I posted my interview experience - seems like yesterday though. Things have greatly changed since then, from being a very green to being mwenyeji. I can say life here in the first few months range from difficult to really difficult, not an easy one but it depends on many factors: your host, how courageous you are, other kenyans around you and so on. It took me and my wife exactly 4 months to get our job, and exactly 7 months to rent our house. Am now 11 months old and am settled, actually planning to host someone in this forum in the next very few months. Found so many Kenyans here - over100 of them! We have a Kenyan Church - feels like home.
Where is akina Valvin, Wakahu, olyn, wanjeri and other 2011's, mlienda wapi? and how are you guys doing? Niko Lititz, PA.
This is great, keep it up.
Hope every successful member in this forum should be posting after they bridge to the other side of the ocean in order to alert those on the other side on day to day issues and especially the culture, job opportunities, living and even education.
NgugiMuturi, thank you for pulling the whistle n calling old members to kam again on the forum and give their testimonies they experience in USA

Sometimes to me its like magics, Av seen very many people's signature jumping from medical-not yet to done, interview-not yet to done, visas-not yet to picked,. And I wonder will mine be the same after my days? Me can't wait>>>>>>I need more prayers.

Sometimes to me its like magics, Av seen very many people's signature jumping from medical-not yet to done, interview-not yet to done, visas-not yet to picked,. And I wonder will mine be the same after my days? Me can't wait>>>>>>I need more prayers.

This is the sweetness of it all. When you look back and see how far you have to come. The anxiety was always there in our preparations but we give thanks to ammeck(ghana),mamaizoo,olyn.njugunuts,dv2012aftaz,ngugimuturi,wanjeri,labora(ethiopia) they were always there to answer those qs and they never got tired to encourage and inform us of new changes in the process. I guess your the guy to be hosted by Ngugimuturi, he stressed very very important point there, that your stay in america can be made or broken by your host and the kenyans around you. Its all about research and getting the right info for survival and the faster you grasp and get into the groove depends on them. Be confident,know your facts,trust in God and face the co during your interview and the visa is yours. Be blessed y'all 2013 winners.

Where is akina Valvin, Wakahu, olyn, wanjeri and other 2011's, mlienda wapi?
As humans,we band together to overcome a common challenge,but once taken out,kila mtu ajipange:confused:

It took me and my wife exactly 4 months to get our job, and exactly 7 months to rent our house.
Was the job in line with what u did in Kenya or u just needed a gig to hold u down?How is the rent/deposit/tenant requirements,security etc?How about transport?

Found so many Kenyans here - over100 of them
Do Kenyans live around the same area?scattered?

This is the sweetness of it all. When you look back and see how far you have to come. The anxiety was always there in our preparations but we give thanks to ammeck(ghana),mamaizoo,olyn.njugunuts,dv2012aftaz,ngugimuturi,wanjeri,labora(ethiopia) they were always there to answer those qs and they never got tired to encourage and inform us of new changes in the process. I guess your the guy to be hosted by Ngugimuturi, he stressed very very important point there, that your stay in america can be made or broken by your host and the kenyans around you. Its all about research and getting the right info for survival and the faster you grasp and get into the groove depends on them. Be confident,know your facts,trust in God and face the co during your interview and the visa is yours. Be blessed y'all 2013 winners.
Thankz a lot Dubai-b

wankinmaster, dubai-b is right. Do not depend on individual advice.
Sort the advice in the forum. some of us were cheated at first, but we corrected the mistake after engaging other forum members.
Here people carry your problem, discuss it in the different thread, and you get answers.just wait patiently, your time will come. you have a querry, we are still there. God be with you.

wankinmaster, dubai-b is right. Do not depend on individual advice.
Sort the advice in the forum. some of us were cheated at first, but we corrected the mistake after engaging other forum members.
Here people carry your problem, discuss it in the different thread, and you get answers.just wait patiently, your time will come. you have a querry, we are still there. God be with you.

May He be wid me as yu've said.

Hey @Wankinmaster please note that police records determine the length of your visa the earlier you do them the shorter your visa. Wish you all the best