• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 NEPAL Winners Meet & Greet Here !

dvnp

Registered Users (C)
Namaskar
All current and previous winners of DV Lottery from Nepal, please share your experience, suggestions and comments.
Thank you
Cheers! All the best :)

Yes, my dear friend, but you already know me...I guess some are too shy to come out of their shell...oh well.

Have a great day

Yes, my dear friend, but you already know me...I guess some are too shy to come out of their shell...oh well.

Have a great day

Hi Izzy120
Yes definitely I know you! :)
Are there anyone? Please don't be shy to share your experience..
Dhayabad!

Dvnp,
i ll do that. So r u planning to go back to nepal for the interview or u r gonna do there in canada.

Dvnp,
i ll do that. So r u planning to go back to nepal for the interview or u r gonna do there in canada.
Hi nepal2010
Thanks...
Since I am married and my wife is back Nepal, I am waiting for her visa for Canada to be approved. If she gets it then we both will be going Montreal otherwise back home. That's the reason I have not send my documents to KCC. I will be sending it by the end of June.
So you are going to be GC holder soon? All the best for your coming interview :) I think CP will be more faster when the number becomes current than AOS.

Hello friends,
This is for my brother:
2011AS000045** any chance he might get the interview? What do these numbers actually mean?
I am a US citizen and also filed family based visa for him, wife and baby boy.

Hello friends,
This is for my brother:
2011AS000045** any chance he might get the interview? What do these numbers actually mean?
I am a US citizen and also filed family based visa for him, wife and baby boy.

Hi
Congrats to your brother! This Case Number (CN) is very small and it has high chances of getting to interview. Looking back years, this number should be current by October 2010. So this is a lucky number to be in the first month of visa period. Must send the forms to KCC soon for faster process during that time!
Wish you all the best!

Thanks, Dai.
Since the baby was just born (2 months old) and you know how Nepal is with paper work; this delayed the time to send the documents to KCC. Hopefully he will complete the doc's ASAP. Is a month behind too late?

Hello pandit1975,

Congrats to your brother on winning the lottery. Your brother needs to send the forms (DSP122 for the primary applicant/winner + DS230 for all family members + barcode sheet +2 photos/person) to KCC asap. After KCC receives the forms, they will send the second letter (with interview date) sometime around 6-8 weeks before his number becomes current. There is no other paperwork needed at this time, just send the forms mentioned above. Your brother can start gathering all other necessary paperwork for the interview including police reports, medicals, etc. (everything is outlined in the Department of State website). Of course, make sure he fills all the forms carefully before sending it, and he may take his time in sending them in due to personal circumstances that he may have but do not delay too much.

All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
my CN:2010AS00023***....................so any chances for the NL2??
if i will get visa,i am planning to study engineeing there in VA.so plz provide me some information.

hope fully you two will be current by Augest like me Me too same planning same planning to do MSEE in VA . Lets hope for the best .My CN:2010AS00025***

my CN:2010AS00023***....................so any chances for the NL2??
if i will get visa,i am planning to study engineeing there in VA.so plz provide me some information.[/QUOTE

hope fully you two will be current by Augest like me Me too same planning same planning to do MSEE in VA . Lets hope for the best .My CN:2010AS00025***

Hi Guys
Congratulations. Yeah hopefully you guys can be current in August. All the best for coming days! Please do share on medical, police report as well as interview tips.
Cheers

Namaskar Everyone,
Once Visa is granted for DV. Is the GC CR6 or IR6 (conditional Vs. unconditional)? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Namaskar Everyone,
Once Visa is granted for DV. Is the GC CR6 or IR6 (conditional Vs. unconditional)? Anyone know?

Thanks,

To my understanding, GC by Lottery is conditional, meaning it will be valid for 2 years and one has to file a petition to remove the conditions 90 days before the card expires. I believe during the interview, IOs will inform how to proceed on that.

I have never heard of the GC from the DV being conditional. I should do some research. I only know of the marriage based and the Investment GCs being conditional.