• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

2011 the blessings na double double... na double double!!!
The promotions na double double... na double double!!!
American visa na double double... na double double!!!

Brethren, join me in saying a big THANK YOU to the Lord Almighty for my successful interview. 2011 the blessings will come in double double for all of us in Jesus' name!! The interview experience will follow soon. cheers.

Akwasi, congratulations. U have started the year on a good note for those of us going for interview this yr.
How much in total and in GH Cedis did u pay as visa fee?
Akwasi, we are eager 2 read abt ur experience so be hasty abt it. God bless u and may he grant u the plane ticket with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today was the interview date
My appointment was at the US embassy in Lomé on January at 8:00 am.
I reached at the embassy at 7:30 am (embassy 5mn from my housse). I'm the third person of 4 (with 2 family).
At 8:15 the security let us enter in the check room in wich they check passport and 2NL when I was suprised (after giving my passport) to be informed by security guard that my name is not on the appointment list they had and told me to wait that Ihad to call consul office.
I've waited for 3mn and the guard call me and told me to speak with a officer on telephone.
the officer asked me to spell my full name (i did) and he told me to wait.
after 3mn he phone the security gate and the guard call me again, the officer told me to give my appointment letter to the guard who brougth to him.
after 5mn the officer call again and told me to give him my phone number (what i did) and told me that he will call me (by telephone) to give me a new appointment date. and I left. that was step one of my interview.
God is my way.

I reached at the embassy at 7:30 am (embassy 5mn from my housse). I'm the third person of 4 (with 2 family).
At 8:15 the security let us enter in the check room in wich they check passport and 2NL when I was suprised (after giving my passport) to be informed by security guard that my name is not on the appointment list they had and told me to wait that Ihad to call consul office.
I've waited for 3mn and the guard call me and told me to speak with a officer on telephone.
after 3mn he phone the security gate and the guard call me again, the officer told me to give my appointment letter to the guard who brougth to him.
after 5mn the officer call again and told me to give him my phone number (what i did) and told me that he will call me (by telephone) to give me a new appointment date. and I left. that was step one of my interview.
God is my way.

Step 2 of your interview has been done by already by Him. Just trust in the Lord. Peace! Benníit

Thanks for a word of prayer, Yas

Happy New Year to everybody and sorry ive been out for a very long time. Things were a lil bit difficult for me but now the Almighty God is seeing me through.
Congratulations to those who have been successful in their various interviews and im also going to continue praying for those yet to have their interview.

Please continue to pray for us. Peace! Benniit

Brethren, join me in saying a big THANK YOU to the Lord Almighty for my successful interview. 2011 the blessings will come in double double for all of us in Jesus' name!! The interview experience will follow soon. cheers.

wow, na God's work oo.. Let's give thanks to the almighty. Akwasi congrats.

God is my way.

Today has been a wonderful day in the forum. OKML I wish you all the best and may all your dreams comes to pass. God will favour you in times of need - for all things we have to look to him and wait for his call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations Bro, i m wishing u gud luck in d U.S.

God is my way.

Put ur trust in Him and it shall be done by His grace

Who is next on the line? The person should come forward for us to offer our prayers to the almighty God.

I am the next man to go for the interview. I need u guys prayers so I could meet the favour of the Lord and evevry mountain could be leveled for me before I get there.
Thanks I shall be here to testify to the glory of God ASAP.

I am the next man to go for the interview. I need u guys prayers so I could meet the favour of the Lord and evevry mountain could be leveled for me before I get there.

Good to hear you're next on the line. You are already a success as the others before you. God has done wonderful things in your life, and will continue to do even more for you. Our prayers are with you and hope you will come here on Friday to testify to the good works of our Lord.

Tomorrow God needs only your presence at the embassy, for 99% has been taken care of by Him. Believe it, it's accomplished in Jesus' name. I want everybody to know that this year is a year of overflow, should you walk with Jesus. Thank u Jesus, for we'll hear another mighty testimony tomorrow. Peace! Benníit

Temmy2011 Congrats in advance

Temmy, just go to the embassy tomorrow and pick ur visa ticket. God bless you real good.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Brethren, this is how things went at the embassy yesterday.

I was scheduled for 7:30am so i arrived at around half past six. I first went to the Akai Clinic to drop off my bag with one of the attendants since I would come
back later for my second hepatitis shot after the interview. I walked to the embassy from there and spoke to one security officer that i had an appointment at 7:30am. He
directed me to wait under the famous yankee tree where I found a handful of people also waiting there. The mood was sober, everyone clutching unto their documents with
dear life, some standing while others made themselves comfortable on some large stones. Shortly afterward we were signaled by an office to approach the entrance where we formed two queues,
immigrant and non immigrants supposedly. He inspected our appointment letters and led us to the security checkpoint where all documents were scanned and
electronic gadgets collected. I only had my documents so I didnt leave anything there. We were finally admitted into the embassy and forced our way through the heavy
bullet-proof glass door into the main hall.We sat for sometime before a guard came to call all DV winners to move outside to a spot where he directed.
There was about 14 of us including 3 couples. There we were greeted by three gentlemen. One of them stepped up to brief us about the eligibility criteria and some
does and don't which i believe every forum member is aware of now, thanks to this forum! Finally we were handed two sheets,yellow and white. On the white we
specified which criteria by which we choose to be eligible(education or work experience) and on the yellow we specified the number of people we would be making
payment for. After this we went back into the main hall where it was announced that anyone who wished to reschedule their appointment should move to a certain window.
Meanwhile, we formed a queue to pay for the visa fees. By this time people began to warm up to one another and we started casual conversations. I found out that
two gentlemen had actually not done their medicals because they said they didnt know about it at all.
It was now my turn to make payment and I had changed my cash to USD, $820 in total. The cashier took the cash and ostentatiously held each note up to the light to
check for fake notes. He spent an awfull lot of time on one particular $100 dollar bill and I was quite disturbed by this. after he was satisfied however he handed
me my receipt and i took my seat, the devil is a liar!! After we had all made payments we waited in turn to be called to submit our documents, then take fingerprints.
I submitted all the documents I listed in my earlier post but the lady gave me back the emails,BECE certificate and result slip, and the AOS. By this time, one of the
guys had already completed the process and was called for the interview with the CO. He returned after a moment with a blue slip and a big smile; he was to pick up the
visa the following Friday!!! I was called for the fingerprinting, which meant the next time would be to meet with the CO. Several others followed with the same
result and this was really comforting. I was eventually called to window 2 but it turns out I had to retake my fingerprints..I waited patiently and eventually I was
the last person to be called.

CO:Hi, how are you?
ME:very well thank you.
CO:Do you swear that everything you're going to say is the truth?
ME:yes.
CO:Sir have you been calling the US? (he was referring to the calls I made to KCC)
ME:yes i called a couple of times
CO:you can stop now
ME: [smiling] OK.
CO:are you married
ME:no
CO:do you have children
CO:where do you work
ME:answer
CO:what is your job title
CO:so tell me what your job is about
ME:answer [at this point I thought I was being interviewed based on work experience so I was quite uncomfortable. I nearly asked him but I just kept my cool]
[he began flipping through my documents and he handed me my SSCE certificate and results slip]
CO:So I see you also have a degree
ME:yes, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering from KNUST
CO:what is volt and ampere?
CO:what is voltage?
CO:what is ohm?
CO:eek:k
[all this while he was typing at his keyboard. he picked up a blue slip and wrote on it whiles I held my breadth]
CO:please come back on friday with this slip and pick up your visa [he handed me the blue slip]
ME:eek:k thank you very much
CO:please do not make any travel arrangements until you have received your passport. We sometimes have delays in processing the visas.
ME:alright thank you very much
CO:eek:k goodluck.

guys that was it. cheers.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I was scheduled for 7:30am so i arrived at around half past six. I first went to the Akai Clinic to drop off my bag with one of the attendants since I would come
back later for my second hepatitis shot after the interview. I walked to the embassy from there and spoke to one security officer that i had an appointment at 7:30am. He
directed me to wait under the famous yankee tree where I found a handful of people also waiting there. The mood was sober, everyone clutching unto their documents with
dear life, some standing while others made themselves comfortable on some large stones. Shortly afterward we were signaled by an office to approach the entrance where we formed two queues,
immigrant and non immigrants supposedly. He inspected our appointment letters and led us to the security checkpoint where all documents were scanned and
electronic gadgets collected. I only had my documents so I didnt leave anything there. We were finally admitted into the embassy and forced our way through the heavy
bullet-proof glass door into the main hall.We sat for sometime before a guard came to call all DV winners to move outside to a spot where he directed.
There was about 14 of us including 3 couples. There we were greeted by three gentlemen. One of them stepped up to brief us about the eligibility criteria and some
does and don't which i believe every forum member is aware of now, thanks to this forum! Finally we were handed two sheets,yellow and white. On the white we
specified which criteria by which we choose to be eligible(education or work experience) and on the yellow we specified the number of people we would be making
payment for. After this we went back into the main hall where it was announced that anyone who wished to reschedule their appointment should move to a certain window.
Meanwhile, we formed a queue to pay for the visa fees. By this time people began to warm up to one another and we started casual conversations. I found out that
two gentlemen had actually not done their medicals because they said they didnt know about it at all.
It was now my turn to make payment and I had changed my cash to USD, $820 in total. The cashier took the cash and ostentatiously held each note up to the light to
check for fake notes. He spent an awfull lot of time on one particular $100 dollar bill and I was quite disturbed by this. after he was satisfied however he handed
me my receipt and i took my seat, the devil is a liar!! After we had all made payments we waited in turn to be called to submit our documents, then take fingerprints.
I submitted all the documents I listed in my earlier post but the lady gave me back the emails,BECE certificate and result slip, and the AOS. By this time, one of the
guys had already completed the process and was called for the interview with the CO. He returned after a moment with a blue slip and a big smile; he was to pick up the
visa the following Friday!!! I was called for the fingerprinting, which meant the next time would be to meet with the CO. Several others followed with the same
result and this was really comforting. I was eventually called to window 2 but it turns out I had to retake my fingerprints..I waited patiently and eventually I was

CO:Sir have you been calling the US? (he was referring to the calls I made to KCC)
ME:answer [at this point I thought I was being interviewed based on work experience so I was quite uncomfortable. I nearly asked him but I just kept my cool]
[he began flipping through my documents and he handed me my SSCE certificate and results slip]
[all this while he was typing at his keyboard. he picked up a blue slip and wrote on it whiles I held my breadth]
CO:please come back on friday with this slip and pick up your visa [he handed me the blue slip]
CO:please do not make any travel arrangements until you have received your passport. We sometimes have delays in processing the visas.

Kwasi, that is a nice story. Congratulation. You guys should pray for me as i go to the interview with my husbee in Feb
Congrats Bro

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Congrats again, and nice of you sharing your interview experience. You are warmly welcome to join us here.

God is great!

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Wow! That was really smooth! Thank God. I am the Lord your God. Is there anything too hard for me? Go pick up ur visa on Friday, man. Pls, answer the ff.
1. Were u interviewed by a male or fèmale?
2. What is the dollar rate at the embassy if u know.
3. When u were briefed concerning educational eligibility, what was the educ. criteria?
4. Did u hand over any transcripts, as that will expose u to many questions?

So does it mean the aos is unimportant?
Peace unto u, bro. Benniit