• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hello petit

Hi congratulations,

You can start up your medical tests since u know ur interview date at Kamorass hospital, Also, get the police report needed from the UK since you have stayed there for over 6 months and at Alagbon in Nigeria, you educational records is needed, your SSCE include and other qualifications, you also need ur marriage certificate if you are married, with family pictures of you and your spouse to prove your marriage is authentic. You also need your birth certificate, international passports, 50mm by 50mm passpport photograph. You are good to go with these, you dont have to wait for your 2nd letter before you proceed for you interview, go and start your medicals on time. Goodluck

Did u do ur own interview in london? The hospital u mentioned (Kamorass Hospital), is it in london? I am married, I was in Nigeria this last october for my wedding and my wife is still in Nigeria. Can they do my own interview for me here in london and do formy wife in Nigeria? I did police report at alagbon before I left Nigeria in 2006 and I also renew it when I came to Nigeria this last October, can I use that one or I have to do another one? If u did urs in london, how much did it cost u?

Cheers

Did u do ur own interview in london? The hospital u mentioned (Kamorass Hospital), is it in london? I am married, I was in Nigeria this last october for my wedding and my wife is still in Nigeria. Can they do my own interview for me here in london and do formy wife in Nigeria? I did police report at alagbon before I left Nigeria in 2006 and I also renew it when I came to Nigeria this last October, can I use that one or I have to do another one? If u did urs in london, how much did it cost u?

Cheers

First and foremost,did you update your forms with kcc by notifying them you have gotten married because you got married after you sent back your ds 230 and 122.
secondly, where did you fill in your forms that you would want your interview conducted?London or Nigeria?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers

Please read other threads on this forum as well as the Nigerian thread, it will be very useful to you. Where did you choose to be interviewed? If you chose london, i think you can be interviewed in London and then after your case have been approved, your wife can take a copy of your approval letter plus copy of visa page to the embassy in Nigeria for her interview(i am not sure about this, please check other threads and nigerian threads or email US embassy in nigeria for specific details, it might be in the asia thread or AOS thread i saw this not sure/cant remember exactly but i recall reading a similar case )

When you say last October do you mean October 2008 or October 2009?

First and foremost,did you update your forms with kcc by notifying them you have gotten married because you got married after you sent back your ds 230 and 122.
secondly, where did you fill in your forms that you would want your interview conducted?London or Nigeria?

Yes I did update them about my wedding and I sent copies of my wedding certificate to them. When I filled my form I told them I will like to do my interview in London.

Please read other threads on this forum as well as the Nigerian thread, it will be very useful to you. Where did you choose to be interviewed? If you chose london, i think you can be interviewed in London and then after your case have been approved, your wife can take a copy of your approval letter plus copy of visa page to the embassy in Nigeria for her interview(i am not sure about this, please check other threads and nigerian threads or email US embassy in nigeria for specific details, it might be in the asia thread or AOS thread i saw this not sure/cant remember exactly but i recall reading a similar case )

When you say last October do you mean October 2008 or October 2009?

I choose to do my interview in London. About which october did I get married, it was october 2009 and I have sent the wedding certificate to them at KCC.

Yes I did update them about my wedding and I sent copies of my wedding certificate to them. When I filled my form I told them I will like to do my interview in London.

ayoblack pls update ur signature, you can do that at user cp option on your left corner

Is there anyway, your wife can get to London for the interview..(Like if she has a visiting visa already for the UK or if she can apply for one before February) but you have to make sure she can attend the interview in London on a visiting visa.

If she cant be there during your interview, find out what you could do, or you could have your case transferred from London to Nigeria...It might just take you a while since your interview date has already been set and your files are already in the US Embassy in London

Another option is to look into any possibility of having separate interviews in different countries. The only issue is that since your marriage is young they might need both of you to be physically present at the same place

I choose to do my interview in London. About which october did I get married, it was october 2009 and I have sent the wedding certificate to them at KCC.

Then you have to find out from KCC where you need to do ur tests, then you still have to get ur police reports from Nigeria as well. Try to fill in your signature, it'll help so much in knowing how to advise.

There is no way two of them can have their interviews done separately, @ Ayo, why dont you come home for your interview?

There is no way two of them can have their interviews done separately, @ Ayo, why dont you come home for your interview?

ok, didnt know that, i thought i saw this somewhere. Ayoblack...I guess the only option is if you come home or your wife joins you in London before the interview.

You can request your case be transferred either from kcc or the embassy in London if your files are already in London...Contact kcc first and you'll know where to go from there

good luck

Hi, after waiting all these while for my social security number and didn't get it i decided to go to the social security administration. when i gave my passport, and they type my name on the computer, the man told me that an application for me is in process already. but he said he was going to redo another one. so from what they said, the Immigration and citizenship office had sent my info to them and they were to automatically issue and send my social security number. well what i can say is if you are in a haste, you can just go to the social security office and you'll get it in 2 weeks, but if not, you can wait till it is sent to you.
Since i came i had not visited the Saloon, and i became so Bushy that i was scared to be mistaken for Usama Bin Laden, so i decided to visit a Barbers shop. Guys, i paid 15 dollars just for the hair cut. please convert it to the local currency and you'll be amazed. well when i shouted and told my uncle who took me there that i was going buy a scissors and do the things at home myself, he laughed and said if i don't want to have heart seizure, i should stop converting dollars to local currency before doing financial transactions here. well that's true and very true i mean. so while the girls are preparing for their Saloon things, Boy you should also prepare for our Barbers shop. learning how to do hair cuts is not time taking compared to the girls hair styling and plaiting.
Congratulations to those that got their VISAS this December. what a great Christmas gift from Santa Claus it was!!

Phill
Atlanta, Ga

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009
DEPARTED FOR THE STATES AT 2AM/ 27TH/ NOV. 2009.
PORT OF ENTRY: NEW YORK JFK INTERNATIONAL AIR PORT.
RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GA

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

ayoblack pls update ur signature, you can do that at user cp option on your left corner

Is there anyway, your wife can get to London for the interview..(Like if she has a visiting visa already for the UK or if she can apply for one before February) but you have to make sure she can attend the interview in London on a visiting visa.

If she cant be there during your interview, find out what you could do, or you could have your case transferred from London to Nigeria...It might just take you a while since your interview date has already been set and your files are already in the US Embassy in London

Another option is to look into any possibility of having separate interviews in different countries. The only issue is that since your marriage is young they might need both of you to be physically present at the same place

My wife had travelled to london before, she came in july 2009 for her vacation but her visa has expired last month. She tried to renew it last month but she was refused because she did not put her bank statement that they are not sure she have the money to cover her travelling available. I told her to get some money in her account and re-apply next month. Thats what I am waiting for now.

My wife had travelled to london before, she came in july 2009 for her vacation but her visa has expired last month. She tried to renew it last month but she was refused because she did not put her bank statement that they are not sure she have the money to cover her travelling available. I told her to get some money in her account and re-apply next month. Thats what I am waiting for now.

u should find out if they(US embassy in London) will interview her or issue her an immigrant visa on a visiting visa.

US embassy number in London

[44] (20) 7499-9000

Email: SCSLondon@state.gov

Green card recieved today

Hi guys, guess what? i just received my Green card through the mail today. I'm surprised it came so soon because their welcome letter that came last week said i should wait till end of this Month. wow, I'm happy. i Hope the social security comes soon too. i pray every thing works out smoothly for everyone in the house.
Love you Guys

Phill
ATLANTA, GA

RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GEORGIA
GREEN CARD RECEIVED - 22N- DECEMBER-2009

@phill, I am glad things are working out for you much better than you think. About the SSN, you will get it in no time. Just relax.

I'm contact my barber tomorrow to show me how to handle clipper now.

@phill, I am glad things are working out for you much better than you think. About the SSN, you will get it in no time. Just relax.

I'm contact my barber tomorrow to show me how to handle clipper now.

Hi waheed1, yeah things are really faster than i expected. please do meet your barber to show you those things, its very important. learn chin carving well. just to carve a chin here is 3 dollars. it may vary in other places.

Phill
ATLANTA, GA

RESIDENCE: ATLANTA,GEORGIA
GREEN CARD RECEIVED - 22N- DECEMBER-2009

Hi, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every member of the house. May we celebrate the birth of christ with gratitude for what he has done in our lives.

phill

Guys, I just got my 2NL. Now I can relax and prepare myself for my next month interview. Again guys when filling the petitioner side of the form, I put my lawyer's name. I hope i'm okay.

Guys, I just got my 2NL. Now I can relax and prepare myself for my next month interview. Again guys when filling the petitioner side of the form, I put my lawyer's name. I hope i'm okay.

Praise God u got it.. U are the petitioner, not ur lawyer