• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

vinesoft

Registered Users (C)
I want you to shear all your experiences with others like you.
CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
Awaiting 2nd letter posted says KCC
Prov. 21:31

Last edited by a moderator:
Has any an idea about how much the supporter should have in his account before sworing the affidavit?

Republican Senators Bill to Terminate DV Lottery

04/29/2008: Republican Senators Bill to Terminate DV Lottery Replaced by Immigrant Visas for Advanced Degree Holders

Senator Judd Gregg (NH) introduced a bill "to replace the diversity visa lottery program with a program that issues visas to aliens with an advanced degree." This bill is co-sponsored by Sen. Lamar Alexander (TN). Sen. Elizabeth Dole (NC), Sen. John Sununu (NH), Sen. John Cornyn (TX), and Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT). These Senators are proposing to expand the immigration opportunities for Advanced Degree holder foreign workers in STEM or related fields without increasing the total annual number of immigrant visa under the current immigration system. Interesting legislative bill. For the full text of the bill, click S. 2868.
Part of the statement in introducing this bill co-sponsored by "leading" Senators in the Senate includes the following:
Sen. Gregg stated, “Talent is a nation’s most important resource in today’s information age, and our nation’s immigration policies need to catch up to this economic reality. In addition to increasing the number of H-1B visas and employment-based visas for highly skilled workers, I believe that Congress should realign our immigration programs so they better meet our economic needs, including the well-documented shortage of workers with advanced degrees in the math and sciences. By converting a lottery visa program that has marginal skills requirements into one that is focused on the best and the brightest, we strengthen our competitive advantage, spur economic and job growth here in the United States, and deter employers from sending work overseas where highly skilled talent is located. Our visa lottery programs should not just benefit those who are selected, but should have significant positive ramifications for our nation as a whole. I look forward to working with my colleges on this measure and other immigration proposal to keep America competitive."

I post my letter to kcc on 5th may 2008 and have not recived reply does delay? How long does it take for them to acknowledge reply?

CP experience from Accra, Ghana

Could previous DV winners post they CP experience in Accra here for all to share.

I would be very grateful.
Thanks

Check your CN again,think you made an error 67XXXX doesn't seem right may be it's 67XXX

Goodluck.

Thank bro, i checked the number and made the correction accordingly. My case number is very high, any chance for it being current for FY 2009.
Thank for your contributions.

Thank bro, i checked the number and made the correction accordingly. My case number is very high, any chance for it being current for FY 2009.
Thank for your contributions.

67xxx is very high given the fact that 99,000 NL were sent out for 2009.Even if it will, you are looking not earlier than sept 09.It will take the Grace Of God just like mine so if you know how to pray then you better double up.

Thank you so much abizibey for bringing me on board. Let me also say a BIG Congratulations to all dv winners from Ghana.

"No shakin Abizibey with your CN" the lord is in control. Know that nothing is impossible where God is.

I would encourage all winners from ghana to get all docs ready as we all wait the 2nd NL

God bless us all.

CN # 2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Sent forms by fedex 26/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

vinesoft

Vinesoft how did you send your letter to KCC? Courier or ordinary mail?

So far as I know KCC does not acknowledge receipt by writing back to you unless you send them an email to ask, something I would personally not encourage

If your letter was sent by courier you can at least track the docs from day one till it gets to KCC.

Mine was sent by fedex on 26/5/08, delivered and signed for by a KCC official on 28/5/08

You've done your bit by sending the letter to KCC, relax for God is in control.

All the best.

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

I am replying a post by Kwame in the Ghana 2008 thread, because I think it would be most useful for the 2009.
Some folks in Nigeria "begrudged" me for saying the affidavit of support is not meant for only couples. Well, from Aug 8 2007 (the date I joined this forum) to Aug 8 2008 (the date I picked my visa), I always visited the Nigerian forum for inspiration and, no doubt, they have been of help. However, remember this is Ghana! The Nigerians talk of applicants being called in the embassy by assigned numbers? In Ghana you are called by your name. I (single) also went to the embassy without a bank statement, only the aos from my sponsor. A friend went there without either of them but the embassy gave him a date to bring only the aos. I thought we were just lucky but a guy who has been entering the lottery for people confirmed that as the usual practice (at least in Ghana). I would simply advise the singles to present both evidence, just as a safety measure.
Those with rather low case numbers, relax. On the interview day you will be asked to provide only your 2nd NL, passport, two passport photos, certificates and the interview fee. You will be given enough time to organize any other document they deem necessary. Nothing wrong with presenting everything on the first day.
I HOPE THEY DON'T CHANGE THEIR PROCEDURE. Goodluck

Thank you jorj93 for the information, to be on the safer side let's all make ready the required docs before we go for the interview.

my worry....

My sponsor in America sent all docs-
affidavit of support
bank statement
letter from her employer confirming her job as full-time and also her annual salary and
tax filling papers.

My CN is 2009AF00019***, did i get these things too early, particulay the bank statement, The balance on her account was also stated in the AOS form. I know most embassies don’t accept bank statements more that 6 months old. do i just send them like that irrespective of when i go for the interview?

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

Thank you jorj93 for the information, to be on the safer side let's all make ready the required docs before we go for the interview.

my worry....

affidavit of support
bank statement
letter from her employer confirming her job as full-time and also her annual salary and
tax filling papers.

My CN is 2009AF00019***, did i get these things too early, particulay the bank statement, The balance on her account was also stated in the AOS form. I know most embassies don’t accept bank statements more that 6 months old. do i just send them like that irrespective of when i go for the interview?

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

Hi bro, i am a bit confused here. Your previous post suggests you are in Ghana and going for CP ( Consular Processing). To my understanding, AOS ( Adjustment of Status) applies to only those dv winners who are already in the US on a different type of visa and would like to swap it with the DV visa.My question is where do you get the AOS form from and who filled it for you? Please check it and make sure you are not sending the wrong form.

Keep us posted

Hi bro, i am a bit confused here. Your previous post suggests you are in Ghana and going for CP ( Consular Processing). To my understanding, AOS ( Adjustment of Status) applies to only those dv winners who are already in the US on a different type of visa and would like to swap it with the DV visa.My question is where do you get the AOS form from and who filled it for you? Please check it and make sure you are not sending the wrong form.

Keep us posted

Abizibey, he is refering to Affidavit of Support as an AOS...

my worry....

affidavit of support
bank statement
tax filling papers.

Kwame you may have jump the gun a tad too early. The document that you have gathered will serve your purpose. Unforunately, the bank statement may be outdated prior to your interview. I am guessing that your interview will be around the month of march 2009. If that is the case your documents will most likely be outside the 6 months windows. Ask your sponsor for new documents in the New Year...

abizibey, I'm in ghana. I used AOS to mean Affidavit of support and not Adjustment of Status.

Talking of the six months period, i think all other docs except the bank statement would pass.(I don't remember seeing any validity date(s) for any of the rquired docs.

Do i still need to get the whole docs again or only a new bank statement to add to the old one?

I also intend adding the following:
A local sponsor( who would also fill an Affidvit of support form) would also go to the embassy with me to affirm support before a consular
My bank statement
Investment a/c
Land docs of two plots
pay slip
letter from current employer

Am i ok?

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

medpharm,upon a second thought i think the only thing i need to change is the bank statement(correct me if i'm wrong please).

The Affidavit of support would not be affected in any way, the same would apply to the letter from sponsor's empoyer and tax returns. The tax form i have is up to 2007(Current). that of 2008 would be ready by the end of 2009, and you would agree with me that this is not s'thing i can have access to if my number becomes current (God willing) in march/april/may/june 2009.

What do you think?

God bless all 2009 dv winners from Ghana!

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

medpharm,upon a second thought i think the only thing i need to change is the bank statement(correct me if i'm wrong please).

The Affidavit of support would not be affected in any way, the same would apply to the letter from sponsor's empoyer and tax returns. The tax form i have is up to 2007(Current). that of 2008 would be ready by the end of 2009, and you would agree with me that this is not s'thing i can have access to if my number becomes current (God willing) in march/april/may/june 2009.

What do you think?
1 Yes, you would need new bank statements for sure. I will recommend a new affidavit.. and letter of employment since the dated sponsor's signature will be outside the 6 months period, unless you postdated these documents.
2. Tax application is due April 15th in the USA each year. It is the law.
3. You can not use a local sponsor unless that person is an American citizen or Greencard holder. Thus you need not bother with your local sponsor, because they will not allow the person in the embassy.

Read the following to get a better understanding of the general DV process
General Info for DV winners :
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215048

My friend you have a bit of a wait.. therefore just relax until about 2-3 months when you CN is current to begin to gather your Affidivate.... payslip...police certificate, medical, etc..

In the near term concentrate on your passport, birth certifcate and the DV requirement of either education documents or at least 2 years of employment requirement.