• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

people nid some advice here

CN: 2010AF5200** dated 20th may
i received the mail saying av bin selected for further processing,now problem currently am still looking for an address where i intend to live and where my grin card will be mailed..im feeling that im loosing a lot of time question is do i need to give an address of someone right now? is it a must at this point? and how will affect my selection process?:confused::confused:

PLS b4 we can advice u, kindly edit ur signature under user cp.
pls ur cn is it 2010af0005200 or 2010af0005200**
well, make sure u write a name and address in dat column b4 u sent it and later if u want to change it b4 or ur interview u can do it. gud luck.

Hi all,
Thanks very much for your concern, i just checked my box now and I saw their reply from lagosiv@state.gov stating that they have rescheduled it to july 29. Glory be to God.
What remain now is your prayer for me oo.

Thanks very much I will get back to you.And if you have any info for me please kindly let me know, I will be expecting your reply soon.

To God be the glory.

Quad..

dats good news, make sure u go for your medicals and police report in time, July 29 is just 14 days away.. try & get all ur docs set.. & God will see u thru.

I wish u all d best in ur interview.. Go & SUCCEED>

What I will Need For My Interview(Topic Changed +vely:---I thank God)

Quad..

dats good news, make sure u go for your medicals and police report in time, July 29 is just 14 days away.. try & get all ur docs set.. & God will see u thru.

I wish u all d best in ur interview.. Go & SUCCEED>

Hi all,I will like to thank you all for your support in this forum and a special thank to livewire007,Aywire and bammyrichie for thier support.
Please as you all know that what remain for me now is to be preparing for my interview.I will like to let you know some of the documents that i have gotten and also my work experience/school info, So that you can tell me what i still need and also what they might likely ask me at the interview.

For the Occupation aspect,I indicated that am working as a Programmer(SoftwareDeveloper) and am also in school studying Computer Engr. Actually, I just got my admmission this year.So, please I will like to know the likely question they might ask me on that.

Then,for the documents,I have gotten the following:

*Birth Certificate (no problem)
*Police Report (no problem)
*Medicals (have started but not yet recieved)
*Passport (no problem)
*SSCE Certificate(with some issue disscussed below)
*Evidence of worked experience (no problem)

As for the SSCE,I have the G.C.E certificate with 9 subjects and also obtained a testimonial certificate from my School but the problem there is that they only included the last three years(for Senior Sch.) leaving the first three years(for Junior Sch.).
I don't know if that still cover the whole six years or i should go and complain on that.
Secondly,I do not know if I will also need my Primary school certificate also.

Thanks very much for taking your time on helping others,may almighty God help you too.

Please I will be expecting your reply soon.

Cheers bye.

Hi all,I will like to thank you all for your support in this forum and a special thank to livewire007,Aywire and bammyrichie for thier support.
Please as you all know that what remain for me now is to be preparing for my interview.I will like to let you know some of the documents that i have gotten and also my work experience/school info, So that you can tell me what i still need and also what they might likely ask me at the interview.

For the Occupation aspect,I indicated that am working as a Programmer(SoftwareDeveloper) and am also in school studying Computer Engr. Actually, I just got my admmission this year.So, please I will like to know the likely question they might ask me on that.

Then,for the documents,I have gotten the following:

*Birth Certificate (no problem)
*Police Report (no problem)
*Medicals (have started but not yet recieved)
*Passport (no problem)
*SSCE Certificate(with some issue disscussed below)
*Evidence of worked experience (no problem)

As for the SSCE,I have the G.C.E certificate with 9 subjects and also obtained a testimonial certificate from my School but the problem there is that they only included the last three years(for Senior Sch.) leaving the first three years(for Junior Sch.).
I don't know if that still cover the whole six years or i should go and complain on that.
Secondly,I do not know if I will also need my Primary school certificate also.

Thanks very much for taking your time on helping others,may almighty God help you too.

Please I will be expecting your reply soon.

Cheers bye.

U dont Need secondary school testimonial, u dont need anytin about primary school.

Things they need.

1. Birth Certificate (NPC or Original)
2. Medicals
3. Police Report
4. WAEC ([GCE or SSCE its same tin] or Degree (in ur case ur WAEC original is ok OR statement + Scracth card to confirm ur result)
5. International Passport
** u can also take letters from ur previous employ.. but will not need it since u have 5 credits.
The requirement is 5 credits in WAEC or 2 years work experience.

But u can just take all ur other documents along in a seperate envelope. also make like 2 copies each.

Likely Questions.
They will ask wats ur best subject in secondary school and ask u questions based on the subjects(most likely they might ask u mathematics based questions, since u're studying Comp Science)
They might also ask u about programing languages, expect general IT/Computer Science related questions.

Just make sure u keep explainig.. when they ask u IT question.. so that they will know u're vast in it.

U dont have any problem.

Above all Pray & put ur trust in God..
Its notin serious u'll be done in less than 5mins.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

U dont Need secondary school testimonial, u dont need anytin about primary school.

Things they need.

1. Birth Certificate (NPC or Original)
2. Medicals
3. Police Report
4. WAEC ([GCE or SSCE its same tin] or Degree (in ur case ur WAEC original is ok OR statement + Scracth card to confirm ur result)
5. International Passport
** u can also take letters from ur previous employ.. but will not need it since u have 5 credits.
The requirement is 5 credits in WAEC or 2 years work experience.

But u can just take all ur other documents along in a seperate envelope. also make like 2 copies each.

Likely Questions.
They will ask wats ur best subject in secondary school and ask u questions based on the subjects(most likely they might ask u mathematics based questions, since u're studying Comp Science)
They might also ask u about programing languages, expect general IT/Computer Science related questions.

Just make sure u keep explainig.. when they ask u IT question.. so that they will know u're vast in it.

U dont have any problem.

Above all Pray & put ur trust in God..
Its notin serious u'll be done in less than 5mins.

cheers.

Hi livewire007,
thanks very much for this supportive answer of yours.To be sincere to you,i fell somehow relax and confidence in myself after going through your reply.I just need God's assisstance with it now.

From your reply to my request,I think ALL IS SET! as you usually say. But there is still another thing which has been troubling my mind right from the time i received my NL.

I tried to post it to one forum called bbsnetting then,and they told me not to worry myself that they won't ask any stupid question at the interview. And i think the most important details are the name,date of birth,case no, and a valid education details (I purposely omitted place of birth bcos that is my problem).

If i can resolve this,I believe the interview will be successfull by the special grace of God and it goes like this:
When I was feeling the Online form then,there is a place where i could not remember exactly what I filled there but besides that am sure of every other details.

The place i said is where am asked to put the city where i was born,what really happened is that in Nigeria here or let me say to my own understanding over here. I usually reffer city/town to my village while I reffer State of Origin to my state.

So,when i was filling the 1st NL sent to me,I got to a place where am asked to fill the city where i was born again and I don't know if what i filled online for city where i was born is my village's name or my state's name and there is another place they asked for province in the form sent to me.
So, I decided to put my village name for city where i was born and put my state name for province.

My fear now is that,this may not be the same with what i filled online then and it may affect me if question come up on that.

I have also checked all my documents concerning this and i make sure that what i have for city where i was born is my village's name and what i have for State of Origin is my state's name.

Please I don't know if they still have access to the online details or they we only use the filled notification letter sent back to them.

Men, this message seems to be too long. Please just try and help me look into this also.

I will be expecting your reply soon.Thanks and God bless you.

Cheers bye.

Hi, please i have a question, about green card . how long a green card holder can stay outside the state . i realy want to now. thanks

Hi, please i have a question, about green card . how long a green card holder can stay outside the state . i realy want to now. thanks

I think you can stay for max of 6 months.. anything that gets u outside for a yr. u'll ask to apply for a re-entry permit.
You can google it 2 see more resposnses, all look around the forum.

My fear now is that,this may not be the same with what i filled online then and it may affect me if question come up on that.

I have also checked all my documents concerning this and i make sure that what i have for city where i was born is my village's name and what i have for State of Origin is my state's name.

Please I don't know if they still have access to the online details or they we only use the filled notification letter sent back to them.

Men, this message seems to be too long. Please just try and help me look into this also.

I will be expecting your reply soon.Thanks and God bless you.

Cheers bye.

The best thing for you to do is make sure the answer u gave for ur online entry is same with the one you will be given at the embassy.
3 things that can disqualify during interview is:
diferences in Date of birth, place of birth & name

Pls dont make that mistake, atleast u're fortunate they sent u a 2nd letter.
even on ur passport.. make sure ur place of birth u used in the online form is same u have on ur passport.

If its a state u used.. stick to it & if its village stick to it.

if u are gven visa, starting frm d issue day u have maxmium of 6 month to stay in naija b4 leaving and anytin above that. is revoke or renewal.

hi guys.just saw this and i believe its really interesting n educative.Am a Ghanaian and my interview is due in two weeks.am a university graduate but not working since i completed school in 2007.Do i need to provide my financial situation or the AOS from my sponsor would be enough.hope to hear from u guys soon.

hi guys.just saw this and i believe its really interesting n educative.Am a Ghanaian and my interview is due in two weeks.am a university graduate but not working since i completed school in 2007.Do i need to provide my financial situation or the AOS from my sponsor would be enough.hope to hear from u guys soon.

AOS from your sponsor is enough 'cos u're considered an IMMIGRANT so u dont need to prove you have a FAT account somewhere.

All d best.

Those who have been at the interview can testify that the online form always forms part of the documents in front of the processing officer before you get there.

I have a fried who got his visa recently and he informed me that he saw the online form he completed in front of the processing officer. So while he was having the interview, the officer was comparing the online forms, the dsp/dss and the answers he provided during the interview.

THANX ma brother.but does one have to be currently working even if he qualifies with his education

if you applied as a working class then u need to present ur appointment letter but if u applied as a student then all u nees is the certificate of result or the transcript. and in ur case just tell them that are u yet to get a job

The best thing for you to do is make sure the answer u gave for ur online entry is same with the one you will be given at the embassy.
3 things that can disqualify during interview is:
diferences in Date of birth, place of birth & name

Pls dont make that mistake, atleast u're fortunate they sent u a 2nd letter.
even on ur passport.. make sure ur place of birth u used in the online form is same u have on ur passport.

If its a state u used.. stick to it & if its village stick to it.

Thanks very much for your reply,I will put my trust in God. Almighty God is greater than everyother person,I just believe that he will see me through because he started it also.

I really appreciate your support,May God continue to answer your prayer too and others.

I will let you know how far as soon as possible,thanks once again.

Cheers bye.

When is ur interview.Just try n make contact with any person;relative or friends that u know in the States who are permanent residents.Am very sure they will get the AOS form and fill it out for u and ur wife.all the best n be quick about it.

PLEASE HELP ME !
I NEED AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT for my wife and me
(I don't have enough morney in bank )

u are not d one to provide AOS, is ur sponsor in d usa that we fill d form i-134?
d person u wrote his or her name in the form 230 u sent to kcc b4 there reply u wit d 2nd notificatn letter should be d one to fill d form and send it to u.
just get ur statement of account readly too. gud luck