• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Is there still hope for me?

Dear Friends
I do really need an info on my chances. My letter was sent since April 2008 but i got it in March 2009, thanks to the countries poor mailing system. but i have now till Sept 30, is there still hope for me? i've seen from various people experiences in the forum that it takes a long time for the second letter to come, pls is there hope for me? do i need to mail NVC and ask with regards my case someone pls help me??????????????

Wekere:confused:
CN 2009AF000059**
NL RECEIVED: 27 MARCH 2009
SENT TO KCC: 31 MARCH 2009
CONFIRMATION VIA FED EX: 2 APRIL 2009
AWAITING 2ND LETTER.

Hi Wekere

Pls U dnt have to be worried,leave everytin to GOD there,s notin he cannot do just believe and trust in him.Yes since U are current already U,ve got notin to fear just start getting all ur documents ready i.e Credentials,NPC,marriage cert if u are married,wait till Audust b4 doing police cos it expires after 3mths and do ur medicals dat same August wn U have confirmed from KCC Ur interview date.I wish u all d best n believe notin is impossible with GOD.

Hello People!

Hi all,

I have a query?

My wife and I are graduates and this was filled in the DS230 forms sent to KCC

I am the principal applicant and all my certificates (WAEC,BSC) However, my wifes BSC certificates are not with her she has no collected it from her school
She can go and pick it up but she is nursing a baby and this our roads are terrible (Lagos-Benin)
WILL THIS AFFECT OUR INTERVIEW IF WE DO NOT GO WITH IT.

I await first hand experience from those who have had the interview in Lagos.

Thank you

Dear Friends
I do really need an info on my chances. My letter was sent since April 2008 but i got it in March 2009, thanks to the countries poor mailing system. but i have now till Sept 30, is there still hope for me? i've seen from various people experiences in the forum that it takes a long time for the second letter to come, pls is there hope for me? do i need to mail NVC and ask with regards my case someone pls help me??????????????

Wekere:confused:
CN 2009AF000059**
AWAITING 2ND LETTER.

my guy, dat is naija 4u but relax u still have d hope of being interview b4 d fiscal year ends by 31st sept. just b gathering ur document 2gather b4 then since u cn have passed. be expecting august or sept. am in 4d same thing too. mine was a missing doc and unserious agent work so i've 2send bck d form230 to kccdv on 20 april and doc confirm receive 31 april

Hi all,

I have a query?

My wife and I are graduates and this was filled in the DS230 forms sent to KCC

I am the principal applicant and all my certificates (WAEC,BSC) However, my wifes BSC certificates are not with her she has no collected it from her school
She can go and pick it up but she is nursing a baby and this our roads are terrible (Lagos-Benin)
WILL THIS AFFECT OUR INTERVIEW IF WE DO NOT GO WITH IT.

I await first hand experience from those who have had the interview in Lagos.

Thank you

toluwalase, u dont have any problem with that the only documents required from your wife & child is NPC cert, Medicals & Police report.
All other documents are collected from principal applicant.

am 100% sure of this, cos i attended wit my wife.

dear friends
i do really need an info on my chances. My letter was sent since april 2008 but i got it in march 2009, thanks to the countries poor mailing system. But i have now till sept 30, is there still hope for me? I've seen from various people experiences in the forum that it takes a long time for the second letter to come, pls is there hope for me? Do i need to mail nvc and ask with regards my case someone pls help me??????????????

wekere:confused:
cn 2009af000059**
nl received: 27 march 2009
sent to kcc: 31 march 2009
confirmation via fed ex: 2 april 2009
awaiting 2nd letter.

keep praying and believe God for a miracle, also call kcc to confirm that they have your documents and ask them when to call back to confirm an interview date.

Cheer up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning to you all!
I have someone besides me right now, he's one of us and he needs an advise on his waec results, scenerio> he filled just one result for certain year, but on that result was just 2 credits, but he had another year that he never mentioned on his application that has about 6 credits, on the interview day does he have to go with both results or just one that wasnt on this returned forms?
Thanks and I do enjoy this great forum
Stay bless

Dear Friends,
Am grateful for your encouragement. A friend introduced me to this forum, truly you guys are doing a good job. again Livewire007,Bammyrichie and Vanessa2009 am really grateful. I do have some questions?? 1. is it advisable to call KCC or mail them pls tell me? 2. again the processing fee paid at the embassy is it in naira or dollar? 3. which is preferable ? 4. How much is the actual fee? 5. Do i need a sponsor or not? 6. Must he or she be bouyant enough? 7. If given the visa, must i travel to th US before Sept 30? 8. Does one have to que for ur turn in The Lagos consular office?
Pls help me cos i need to be sure am doing the right thing since i have limited time.
Wekere
CN 2009AF000059**
AWAITING 2ND LETTER.

Dear Friends,
Am grateful for your encouragement. A friend introduced me to this forum, truly you guys are doing a good job. again Livewire007,Bammyrichie and Vanessa2009 am really grateful. I do have some questions??

1. is it advisable to call KCC or mail them pls tell me?
You can Call & u can mail KCC, they are both effective ways of contacting them, in my opinion i'll prefer you call them because you will get a correct, accurate & immediate response unlike emails which might be an autoresponse and not immediate.
If you need to do your medicals and you find out you have been scheduled for an interview, email kcc, so you can use their response as a proof at the medical centre.

2. again the processing fee paid at the embassy is it in naira or dollar?
You can pay in Naira or Dollar which ever you have its acceptable, if you want to pay in naira its N124,000 i.e. ($775 * N160) ($1 = N160 embassy rate)

3. which is preferable ?
I'll advise you to pay in Naira as that will be N124,000 'cos the easiest way to get dollars in Naija is thru black market and that sells for about N180, and by goin to the black market to buy dollars u'll pay more.

4. How much is the actual fee?
$775 (N124,000) per applicant (note that every person accompany you is an applicant, even a day old baby.)

5. Do i need a sponsor or not?
Having a sponsor is not a requirement towards obtaining an immigrant visa, but you may be asked by the interviewing consular to provide an affidavit of suppoort i.e proof of sponsorship.
so if you can get one, its ok to go with it, but if not, you can attend your interview without it.
If the consular really wants it, you can tell him you will present it on another day.

6. Must he or she be bouyant enough?
Yes, your sponsor must be bouyant, you can check up www.state.gov for more info on Affidavit of support.

7. If given the visa, must i travel to the US before Sept 30?
No, After you get the visa it is valid for a period of 6months from the issue date.
but you cannot be issued a visa after Sept. 30 for the current DV year.

8. Does one have to que for ur turn in The Lagos consular office?
No, there's no que inside the embassy, once you enter at the gate, you're given a small card with a DV no. on it, and thereafter you follow this process:

- you make your payments with the cashier
- submit your documents, when your name is called
- then you wait for your DV no. to be called(the card given to you @ the gate) always be attentive.
(DV. nos are issued on first come first serve basis, so if you get to the gate early enough, you'll get a smaller no. and that means you'll be interviewd early.

Pls help me cos i need to be sure am doing the right thing since i have limited time.
If you follow all this instructions, pray to God & trust him, u're sure doin the right thing.

I wish you all the best.

PS.
All answers given are to the best of my knowledge, am not an immigration lawyer/consultant am just a contributor on the forum.

hello 4u4real, its me ijeoma-richard's cousin, how is the US treating u?
My number is finally current so pls can u help run thru all the things I'm supposed to hve ready. I cant quite remember what u said about scratch cards and all that. Pls can u remind me of all I really need to do.

hey guys! how are you doing?. am glad to see how things are going in this forum. you guys are wonderful........
Congratulations to those that had a successful interview already and I pray for those that are yet to go.
Guys dont panic once you have your things organised you dont have problem. If you have any issue bothering you. write mail to Kcc and expian to them on time before you interview period.
By the grace of God i will be comming on at least every weekend to make my contributions.
thanks Guys..
wikoson@yahoo.com

thank God , u finally came back to the forum, u know u are a stakeholder here.

Thanks very much , Do you know the price for doing medical for a boy of about 3yrs old.

sunnyaje, please i am a new guy in the house.I read your signature and was wondering if you have not received your second letter because i guess your number is current for june/july.Pls if u receive notification i would like to know because my CN for 2010 is almost same with yours.PLs can you tell the modalities on how to contact kcc to confirm if the form i sent back has been received?.I wish you good luck.

livewire007
If you follow all this instructions, pray to God & trust him, u're sure doin the right thing.

I wish you all the best.

PS.

Thanks a million i get the gist. Truly you words are really inspiring.
Again how much is the medicals per person?

livewire007

I wish you all the best.

PS.

d medical is 15,800 naira per person but for a child i think is 10,800 and d police report is btw 3000 to 5000 depend on ur negoisatn. wait until u are sure they have sent ur 2nd letter b4 ur do d police report b'cos it expire after 3 month.

livewire007

I wish you all the best.

PS.

d medical is 15,800 naira per person but for a child i think is 10,800 and d police report is btw 3000 to 5000 depend on ur negoisatn. wait until u are sure they have sent ur 2nd letter b4 ur do d police report b'cos it expire after 3 month.

My interview

Called up around 11.30am. The consular officer on that window is one i've noted and admire for the way his questions pass though applicants like a hot knife through butter. He knew his job. He knew how to find out the truth without witch-hunting. i wanted to meet him. crazy huh?

I: Sir, u are here because...(im sure you know the drill by now)

Q: whats ur name

A:....

Q: Date of birth? A: ..........

Q: Highest level of education? A: ...........

Q: Year of Graduation & school? A:...........

Q: What courses did you do in Medical school? A: 'brief tutorial'

Q: Tell me about Thoracic Surgery. (We both started laughing. he walked to the next table and returned with the almighty blue form in hand)

Q: I see one Mrs C here in ur form. what is she to u?
A: Aunt
Q: where does she live?
A: OK
Q: did she tell u anything abt OK?
A: Yeah. Not so many blacks. (He smiled and said thats true. he's from Dallas, Texas).
Q: do u have any other relatives in the US?
A: .....
I: Congratulations sir, you are eligible to immigrate to the US. Good luck in the States.

It was the Lords doing, and its still marvelous in my sight!

called up around 11.30am. The consular officer on that window is one i've noted and admire for the way his questions pass though applicants like a hot knife through butter. He knew his job. He knew how to find out the truth without witch-hunting. I wanted to meet him. Crazy huh?

I: Sir, u are here because...(im sure you know the drill by now)

q: Whats ur name

a:....

Q: Date of birth? A: ..........

Q: Highest level of education? A: ...........

Q: Year of graduation & school? A:...........

Q: What courses did you do in medical school? A: 'brief tutorial'

q: Tell me about thoracic surgery. (we both started laughing. He walked to the next table and returned with the almighty blue form in hand)

q: I see one mrs c here in ur form. What is she to u?
A: Aunt
q: Where does she live?
A: Ok
q: Did she tell u anything abt ok?
A: Yeah. Not so many blacks. (he smiled and said thats true. He's from dallas, texas).
Q: Do u have any other relatives in the us?
A: .....
I: Congratulations sir, you are eligible to immigrate to the us. Good luck in the states.

It was the lords doing, and its still marvelous in my sight!

kongrats its indeed, the lords doing. Wishing u all the best in usa.
U're highly favored.