• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

Komal

My second letter dated 13/04/2009 and it has arrived 30 April 2009.
My medical cost I paid 16500/= Kenyan currency here at Mombasa Medical practice. So your second letter will arrive at around 30 June or 5th July 2009.
Please be patient it will arive.

Last edited by a moderator:
TO All Members

This how I did my interview.
I thank all members who prayed for me and wishes. I had a successful interview yesterday in just 2 minutes
Below is the stages I underwent.

-I arrived at the embassy at 7:00am and checked in at the first security
On the second security check in I found one long queue and other short one for the applicants, the short one was for DV applicants
-I was ushered in and left my phones there ,went to the waiting room
I handed over my appointment letter at counter 3 and I was told to wait for my turn there were around 15 DV applicants
-After 45 min I was called to counter 3 where I handed over my original papers and photo copies, the lady gave me blue invoice to pay the fees and later return the receipt to her.
-After another 45 min my name was announced at counter 4 for taking my finger prints and I was instructed to wait until my name will be called again.
-After another 40 min I was called to counter 10 and took the oath then the interview took place.
Officer: Are saying the truth.
Me: yes
Officer: Are you married?
Me: No.
Officer: Do you have children.
Me: No.
Officer: Where will you be staying in the USA.
Me. In Ohio, To a friend.
Officer: Is this the address where your GC will be mailed.
Me: Yes.
Officer: Ok your papers are Ok.
Me: thank you sir
Officer: Pick your visa after two weeks.

However I regret to inform the members that there was a lady who submitted forge KCSE certificate after all the Consular officer chased her away. No refunds at all.

Gesusu

What procedure did you follow when picking your visa. What document did you presented.

Is the visa sticked on passport or it is letter typed.

DID you collected the big envelope which is sealed.

Reply soon.

Was your passport stamped.

Dekow
you just present the blue paper you were given on the day of interview on window 3 then you will wait tobe called
when you will be called you will be given you passport with visa stamped validity 6 months also you will be given a sealed yellow envelope which you will present at the POE

Gesusu

I am asking if your visa indicates that you are travelling to USA in Minnesota.

Or you can enter the USA any city you like.

Or It must that you travel to the city you mentioned in your interview time.

Reply soon.

I wanted to reschedule my visa interview date to July but the embassy guys wont allow me reason being that my visa number is only valid in June.I have been reading here how other guys rescheduled theirs without problems.please tell me what to do now that June is fading away.more so the phone number they put on the second NL is ever busy. can I hire the services of a lawyer coz to the best of my little knowledge dv 2009 programme expires on 30th September.

I wanted to reschedule my visa interview date to July but the embassy guys wont allow me reason being that my visa number is only valid in June.I have been reading here how other guys rescheduled theirs without problems.please tell me what to do now that June is fading away.more so the phone number they put on the second NL is ever busy. can I hire the services of a lawyer coz to the best of my little knowledge dv 2009 programme expires on 30th September.
hey try this direct line and good luck.
Immigrant Visa Unit
Phone: 254-20-363-6492 for information or to schedule immigrant visa

Dekow
Iam not prepared financially.I will have the money by mid July.Pray for me, I ill be joining you in Ohio if all goes well.cheers.

a b c 38
Thanks a lot.I have already called and successfully rescheduled the interview date.
This forum is really good.keep up guys.

Is GC expedition possible @ nairobi?

if you get approved for the GC is it possible to request to get you passport back the same day they way the issue non-immigrant visas? Why is it that some people are told to pick their visas either 1 or 2 weeks? was just wondering.:confused:

Gesusu

I will be picking my visa this week.

CN 2009AF00037XXX
1st NL dated 25th April 2008 recieved on 29th may 2008
17th June 2008 sent back forms
20th June 2008 confirmed delivered received by C.Gannon
Current in June 09
Received 2L on 30th April 09
interview date confirmed on 18th june 09
4th May 09 completed medical
18th june 09 had a successeful interview

Hey Guys,
Any latest guys from interview to share there experinces? Our interview is coming up soon. Any thing to bear in mind, please share your experiences kina Nanii-ilikuaje?

I think you should be able to, I rescheduled mine and will be doing it in Europe