• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 results out yet?

spiicy

Hi folks,
Although it may sound too early or untrue, one of my friends just informed me his brother just got a notification letter for DV2008. I wanted to confirm if this is true or it is just a mere rumor.

Maybe

Hi folks,
Although it may sound too early or untrue, one of my friends just informed me his brother just got a notification letter for DV2008. I wanted to confirm if this is true or it is just a mere rumor.
From the threads in this forum, ealiest NL for dv-2007 [last year] was dated April 6, 2006 and earliest confirmed receipt of NL was April 10, 2006. [See DV 2007 Tracker thread started by GCard_dream in this forum]
If they send out the letters 1 month earlier this year- more power to them.
Anybody with info about receipt of NL for dv-2008 please share.

From the threads in this forum, ealiest NL for dv-2007 [last year] was dated April 6, 2006 and earliest confirmed receipt of NL was April 10, 2006. [See DV 2007 Tracker thread started by GCard_dream in this forum]
If they send out the letters 1 month earlier this year- more power to them.
Anybody with info about receipt of NL for dv-2008 please share.

Hi dear members,

One of ma friends from EU also alleged that he has got a letter from KCC.

on the dv visa website, it says they start notifing in april. and april isnt here till 10 more days.so hold ur horses. i dont think they would start sending from now.

well they say they start sending out letters to winners from april-june/july
so it takes about 1-2 weeks to send em overseas. so i guess they send em out 1-2 weeks before april starts, thinking tht they will get them in april, but according to other sites, some ppl have already got theirs, or they're faking.

on another forum a guy in VA got his NL, he is from Uzbekistan. Date on the letter - March 15.

yeah i guess the letters are going out. fingers crossed........! thnkx for wishing the good luck, hope tht much is enough.

Just got a NL letter this Monday ( 3/19 ). We have been trying for 5 years. Finally got selected. We are really happy. The case number is 2008AS000001XXX. We are thinking about doing CP route. One question though, we were planning to have a baby this year. Is there anyone who was pregnant and still passed the medical examine? I am worried maybe I will need to get shots for vaccination or something. In addition, is it really necessary to have a Chest X-ray even if one's PPD test ( TB test) is negative? If being pregnant is really not a good idea, I will postpone our plan until the interview is over.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to everyone in this forum.

AOS in Atlanta

Hi everyone, results are definetly out. my case number is SA XX6XX
I have a question about the AOS procedure in atlanta, maybe someone can help. my number will come up by january 2008 (judging by the 2007 results). do I have to wait until then to file? can I file in october 1st after the fiscal year opens and they will hold my case until my number comes up or should I just wait until january?

Also I've been reading some horror stories about the name checking step delays in the 2007 forum are those exceptions ot the rule??!!

thanks very much!! and good luck to everyone

No need to postpone having a baby!

I've just gone through the medical exam process (not for DV lottery, but for employment-based GC). If your TB skin test is negative, they will most certainly NOT make you get an X-ray. If it is positive, I would assume they will not X-ray you if they know you are pregnant. Same goes for immunization shots. They will suggest you have them done ASAP, i.e. after you have your baby, but they will NOT subject you or your baby to any risks.

I have not had my AOS interview yet, so I don't know how strict they are with the medical form. My doctor told me that some officers are stricter than others.

Hi everyone, results are definetly out. my case number is SA XX6XX
I have a question about the AOS procedure in atlanta, maybe someone can help. my number will come up by january 2008 (judging by the 2007 results). do I have to wait until then to file? can I file in october 1st after the fiscal year opens and they will hold my case until my number comes up or should I just wait until january?

Also I've been reading some horror stories about the name checking step delays in the 2007 forum are those exceptions ot the rule??!!

thanks very much!! and good luck to everyone

Hi nacho2008,
Yes you have to wait for your number to be current before you submit your application to the Chicago lock box. However, you need to fill the appropriate forms and send to KCC that you prefer AOS over CP and pay the right fee to the Department of State. After that, you need to get your medicals done - i will advice may be a month or 2 before you submit your application.
Well i guess that is all i can think of for now. Good luck.
Spiicy

Thanks! Michi. It is a great help hearing you say that. I wish you the best on your interview. By the way, do you know if one can enter America without having all the vaccination requirement done? Currently we live in America under student visa (opt, I am the dependent), but choose to go back to our birth country to do CP. I wonder if I am pregnant and fortunate enough pass the interview as well as the visa approval, would I be able to return to America right away, even if I don't get all the shots? Or I have to get all the shots done before enter America?

Another question is that for some reasons, my husband needs to travel to other country this summer, but his visa expired a year ago (still in status as long as he stays in the US). He plans to go back to our country to renew his student visa in early April, so he can fly back to US after the meeting. Our concern is that if I send the forms back to KCC now, would it affect my husband getting a new visa? Or it's better for him to get the visa first and then send out documents to KCC? Or it doesn't matter at all?

Thank you for all the people who contribute their knowledge here. This is a great forum.

Tricky-- Immigrant Intent

Thanks! Michi. It is a great help hearing you say that. I wish you the best on your interview. By the way, do you know if one can enter America without having all the vaccination requirement done? Currently we live in America under student visa (opt, I am the dependent), but choose to go back to our birth country to do CP. I wonder if I am pregnant and fortunate enough pass the interview as well as the visa approval, would I be able to return to America right away, even if I don't get all the shots? Or I have to get all the shots done before enter America?

Another question is that for some reasons, my husband needs to travel to other country this summer, but his visa expired a year ago (still in status as long as he stays in the US). He plans to go back to our country to renew his student visa in early April, so he can fly back to US after the meeting. Our concern is that if I send the forms back to KCC now, would it affect my husband getting a new visa? Or it's better for him to get the visa first and then send out documents to KCC? Or it doesn't matter at all?

Thank you for all the people who contribute their knowledge here. This is a great forum.
It appears that once you submit your forms to KCC, you have declared an Immigrant Intent which disqualifies you from getting a Non-Immigrant visa like F-1 [under Section 214-b].
If you wait to submit your KCC forms however, there is the problem of DV visa availability issues if KCC does not process your forms on time.
Just my thoughts.