• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Excellent job in the house

My people i want start by commending all house members.J cloud,modest,adebayo,onoriode,babaaladura,jcries,johnkent to mention but few.My appreciation goes to everyone for your invaluable advice.Pastor J cloud i need to reach you urgently about the website for job seekers in our profession.Pls you can send an email to me so i can reach you regularly.
Secondly i need house members to pls give me details about WES,the address so i can start processing my transcripts.Thanks and keepup the good work.

2008AF8XXXX
COMPLETED MEDICALS APRIL 13TH 2008
SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW APRIL 16TH 2008
PICK-UP VISAS APRIL 23RD 2008

Excellent job in the house

My people i want start by commending all house members.J cloud,modest,adebayo,onoriode,babaaladura,jcries,johnkent to mention but few.My appreciation goes to everyone for your invaluable advice.Pastor J cloud i need to reach you urgently about the website for job seekers in our profession.Pls you can send an email to me so i can reach you regularly.
Secondly i need house members to pls give me details about WES,the address so i can start processing my transcripts.Thanks and keepup the good work.

2008AF8XXXX

Hello House, Good news..Husband and wife brought the white envelop and ask me to confirm if it was real. Loh and Behold it was Kcc Congratulatory Envelop.

they won....!!! they could not hold back their tears of joy as they jump up and down in jubilation..the wife it the winner(applicant) the envelope arrived yesterday 25th April 2008.
Case number is 2009AF00017xx ..what a low number..!

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.

It is a pity, cos it is a sorrowful joy that they maybe having right now, the basic requirement must be met before they can be given visa, the basic requirement is that she must have her 5 O level Credit or have a Trade test which is certified by Labour, i cant actually get the real name of how it is called, all is that she had training in any hand work maybe Capentry,plumbing, mechanic, hair stylish,sowing and so many other but she must present the Government approved cert. for it. with that she can get the visa, there is no need presenting SSCE that is 9 parrarel and expect any Visa from it. You have to make enquires about this, she must not use cert from all this local hand workers, it must be the Govt approved cert. it has a name it is called i can not place it, but i know some other person in this forum may know what am talking and give it name. I wish them both good luck, but let their expectation not be too high.

Hello House, Good news..Husband and wife brought the white envelop and ask me to confirm if it was real. Loh and Behold it was Kcc Congratulatory Envelop.

they won....!!! they could not hold back their tears of joy as they jump up and down in jubilation..the wife it the winner(applicant) the envelope arrived yesterday 25th April 2008.

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.

It is a pity, cos it is a sorrowful joy that they maybe having right now, the basic requirement must be met before they can be given visa, the basic requirement is that she must have 5 O level Credits or have a Trade test which is certified by Labour, i cant actually get the real name of how it is called, all is that she had training in any hand work maybe Capentry,plumbing, mechanic, hair stylish,sowing and so many other but she must present the Government approved cert. for it. with that she can get the visa, there is no need presenting SSCE that is 9 parrarel and expect any Visa from it. You have to make enquires about this, she must not use cert from all this local hand workers, it must be the Govt approved cert. it has a name it is called i can not place it, but i know some other person in this forum may know what am talking about and give it name. I wish them both good luck, but let their expectation not be too high.

2008AF8XXXX

I learnt there are better evaluating agencies than WES, so please do some more research, because WES procedure appear very long. Good luck to you.

Re:moon&star

Well done everyone in this forum.

I am wasting here! can some one advice or give me a solution to my problem? I arrived US on Saturday April 19, 2008. Went to Social Security Office on Monday, April 21, 2008 and was told to come back in 10 days, that the immigration has not keyed in my data in their system. Is this the same story elsewhere? Iam in Alabama and came in thru Atlanta Airport.

I can't look for work, I can't go for driving, nothing, nothing, nothing, just in doors or look walk around the neighbourhood.

I don't seem to get your question well. Is it that they are saying you can't apply for it or that you can't get your SSN immediately.

If it's the first, i don't think you need immigration entering anything. So long as you were certified ok at POE and then stamped-in by immigration. You go back to SSN office with your passport and your birth certificate and apply for a SSN. You'll fill a form there, and make sure your data and parent's names tally with what you have on your birth certificate. When they verify your data. They'll issue you a receipt acknowledging that you have applied for such, and that they'll verify with immigrations and U.S Department of homeland security, and that takes about 2-4wks. I actually got mine in about 15days , after receiveing a letter from them in 7days that it was still under processing. If you have not done this, go back to it.

Definitely, if it the second case, of course it's not possible. it takes minimum of 2-4wks, or maybe less. If they are complaining that you can't apply that your data hasn't been entered (which i know is impossible), because once you are stamped-in by immigrations, your data enters their database; then call or contact, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and explain everything to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely, if it the second case, of course it's not possible. it takes minimum of 2-4wks, or maybe less. If they are complaining that you can't apply that your data hasn't been entered (which i know is impossible), because once you are stamped-in by immigrations, your data enters their database; then call or contact, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and explain everything to them.

haha. u don't know US immigrations. Anything can happen when those folks are handling your stuff.

Re: Johnkent

haha. u don't know US immigrations. Anything can happen when those folks are handling your stuff.

Really? If it's so, moon&star can make a case with USCIS under U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, because the same Immigration checked you in, with a proof on your passport. I think so.

Really? If it's so, moon&star can make a case with USCIS under U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, because the same Immigration checked you in, with a proof on your passport. I think so.

When u are dealing with US immigrations, there isn't a whoile lot you can do but wait. Since he was told to wait 10days, i'll advise that he does so and then go abck again. Like i said, getting a social security number a wk after you got isn't going to really change ur life. u need to figure out how to get around first. SSN he will get for sure. That should be the least of his worries. Drivers license he might need incase he wants to get into a club, fedral building and stuff like that; just for an ID i guess.
am at work. got to get outta this computer and do some paperwork. show

:eek:
Do not be fooled by most of these articles about careers, jobs etc.
I read the Nigerian DV thread every other week and marvel about what is being discussed, most especially about working & living in the USA.

Would someone explain how you get off a plane from Nigieria one day and apply for a position in Health Informatics the next day without the neccessary education or work experience? Has anyone heard of the Heath Industry Software application called Cerner? Or heard of this Fortune 500 company called Dendrite. These are the leaders in Health Informatics :D
Its takes time & hard work to get anywhere in any industry.

And the discussion of having a PhD in Nursing and making over $200k in a year! :eek: I'm sorry to say but irrespective of how many hours worked or your level of certification, you can not skew the salary range in Nursing!

Now if the forum member had mentioned the person was a private contractor who owned & ran an agency which supplied nurses, that would have been correct.

I once met a Nigerian in the USA who owned an Ice Cream company. He was making more than $200k more like $500k per year. And the beauty of the story was he once drove an Ice Cream Van for the same company before he bought the company.

There is money to be made irrespective of an economic recession or boom.
Just read and understand as much of the industry you want to work in before you make the decision.

Jude,
Nice response to my post.i sure know that the atircles written online dont really reflect praticals issues on ground in the US but in all it gives a fair view of careers one can go into if determined to make it over there regardless of age.{and again thanks for the story of the nigerian ice-cream guy its really nice and shows determination and hard work}

Congrats to your friends and you.about the problem of her the primary applicant not having the O`level results.After my thinking about the issue,i have come to the following conclusion; 1.she should not return the forms to KCC now until she have taken all the available exams {WEAC GCE ande NECO GCE}this october 2.why because if she has done the exams and then send the forms to KCC she still have enough time for them to schedule an interview for them before the results comes out official, because she has a very low case number for the new fiscal year. I hope this my little advise goes well in your decision making.:cool:

Trodat,I love ur suggestion.It makes so much sense.

House am sorry i have not been around for a while.My new scheduke does not give me time to drop a line though I always thru ur posts.u are guys are doing a great job.Keep it up.

Congratulation to all winners

I want to say big congratulation to all in the house who had gotten their Visas

And to all preparing for the interview; I want to say you have no need to be afraid 'cos all info needed for you to succeed are in this house. just use them appropriately.

For those of us with high numbers, I can see you are no longer participating. Don't lose faith. If God says your turn will come then it will come. However let your life continue as usual. As if nothing happens. Pls don't lose faith. You can go too.

With lots of love I wish you all well
:):):)

I Have a friend who has just gotten his 2nd letter and has the following question
what is yellow form 9003?
sponsor's w-2 form(s) and 1040 tax returns

She can send the forms

Congrats to your friends and you.about the problem of her the primary applicant not having the O`level results.After my thinking about the issue,i have come to the following conclusion; 1.she should not return the forms to KCC now until she have taken all the available exams {WEAC GCE ande NECO GCE}this october 2.why because if she has done the exams and then send the forms to KCC she still have enough time for them to schedule an interview for them before the results comes out official, because she has a very low case number for the new fiscal year. I hope this my little advise goes well in your decision making.:cool:

She can send the forms to KCC now, but when she gets current, she should simply postpone her interview date with the embassy until the GCE/NECO result is out.

onyii,hit me!

Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.[/QUOTE]

Onyii,hit me on benlay4u@yahoo.com so we can exchange numbers and talk,ok

She can send the forms to KCC now, but when she gets current, she should simply postpone her interview date with the embassy until the GCE/NECO result is out.

I don't know for sure but it hink she is actually disqualified if she didn't have the required qualification at the time of registering for dv lottery