• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

J cloud,

Sometimes i am not even sure if the bad economic at the moment is a bless or what? The standard of living was getting so expensive and for someone that will be a new common like us, it was have been nearly impossible to buy a house in a good community area. The accomodation was so expensive for wooden house that can burn to the ground in 30mins if there is a fire.

Current, some builders are offer bigger half the prices it was about 2 year ago and now they are begging buyer by even offer cash back. Ofcourse the only problem now if that the banks are on likely going to borrow us the funds to get in on this goodlucks. For someone who has lots of cash to bring in from 9ja and can buy outright or with minimum amount to borrow, the economy might be said to be offer a lot at the moment.

Moving around in some state is so difficult that the only way to get anywhere is to get a banger at auction, it could safe u a lot of money.

About that website u offered, i am sure my partner who is a accountant and internal auditor will be needing that site, if everything go well with our interview in God name.

Good point but like u said, most lenders here are very much careful about who they lend money to and alot of people are not buying all those forelosed homes because of fear of job loss related to the recession thats going on here. I doubt how many people that won Dv lottery that can afford a house of about $200,000 when they get here. U get tied down here sortha when u buy a house as u've got all these taxes and stuff to pay on it every yr and if you decide to move to a different state, u might find it very hard to sell the house. ANyway, we all hope the economy gets better sometime soon. I know it will but when is unknown. i personally would love to grab one of those forclosed cheap homes but thats just too much hassle for me. i'll rather pay my rent and call my apartment manager if i need something to be fixed at my place.

Dv 2008 Slow Bulletin Number Counts

DV 2008 is running so slow, in fact , d current visa bulletin for June is about 1400 nums short of last june DV.bultn. num . Remember DV 2007 ended at 20,700 for Nigeria and at the current state of things DV 2008 might end at 17600. Those with high num like me shld be thinkin of plan B ,that is if there is any.

plan B

DV 2008 is running so slow, in fact , d current visa bulletin for June is about 1400 nums short of last june DV.bultn. num . Remember DV 2007 ended at 20,700 for Nigeria and at the current state of things DV 2008 might end at 17600. Those with high num like me shld be thinkin of plan B ,that is if there is any.

The only Plan B I know is Pray..

Modest,where u are? does original birth certificate acceptable cos i'm afraid of going 4 a new affidavit now so as to use it collect NPC certificate.I hope birth certificate is tenable at the Embassy

Actually i went to Nigeria but my partner did not, so i dropped in to the police station to ask how we needed to get his done. What he was told to do was to scan 2 copies of all his fingers and label it correctly to me by email and his signature, then i told it along with his passport copy, photograph, this was sufficient and the datas needed for the form.

Your former Nig. Police report expires within 6months so you will definiately have to get another, that one is invalid.

But i think a better process is to get someone to go there and pick up the form for you. You can then put your prints on it, fill out the form and sign it and sent with it all the doucment that they require. You can then get someone to drop it in and collect it. That way the finger prints do not have to be cut and pasted in. I got my done with 1 day costed 3,000 each.

if he has not been to 9ja after d expiration of d former Nig. Police report then, he doesnt have to get another one, i used an expired one

Greetings to every member of this great forum.
I am happy to be back online after suffering internet disconnection due to nitel strike. i hav used the last few minutes to read through the recent postings and I want to appreciate Johnkent, Rashbabee, JCloud, mauriceeta and others who have posted valuable information to make us prepare for the life ahead. And to Oga Modest, you are simply wonderful. You are the "Elder" in this forum. Your diplomatic disposition is commendable. God bless u all.

bless you too, this your biq qrammar, na american style, you are sure very prepared,
best of luck and conqrantz in advance
bossom your sponsor is very ok wit d documents sent to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Modest,where u are? does original birth certificate acceptable cos i'm afraid of going 4 a new affidavit now so as to use it collect NPC certificate.I hope birth certificate is tenable at the Embassy

original birth certificates are quite acceptable, as a matter of fact thats what i used

You guys have to be very careful of what you discuss here. I have read a thread in this forum that says all conversation are being monitored, probably because of the high volume of people attracted to this site on a daily basis. This may be right. You sure know they can trace one through the case numbers. Be careful. One may not be as lucky as another. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Everything that is written online is being viewed by everyone in the world as the internet is considered a public forum.

I know. It's just that their is a bad impression about us out there. It's an advice.

Thats is true but there isn't much we can do about it. yeah, there are a few things on here that i agree shouldn't have been said especially the issue of passport stamping and stuff. But hey, its already out there.

Modest, Johnkennt, JCloud can u guys give information about university education in the States? What is the process like, the cost, duration. I discovered a lot of the universities in america offer online courses. is there any difference between the certificate obtained through online programs and the campus-based?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dv 2008 Slow Bulletin Number Counts

How high is your case number? Where is your faith in GOD? Why are you giving up so soon. It is not over until it is over, we've still got 2 or more visa bulletins to look forward to before knowing one's fate.
Which plan B is available in this regard?
If the worst comes to be and our numbers does not become current, we just carry on with our life as usual.

Waoo..that was a nice link..keep it on.. I really like it so much..
thanks

:eek:
Do not be fooled by most of these articles about careers, jobs etc.
I read the Nigerian DV thread every other week and marvel about what is being discussed, most especially about working & living in the USA.

Would someone explain how you get off a plane from Nigieria one day and apply for a position in Health Informatics the next day without the neccessary education or work experience? Has anyone heard of the Heath Industry Software application called Cerner? Or heard of this Fortune 500 company called Dendrite. These are the leaders in Health Informatics :D
Its takes time & hard work to get anywhere in any industry.

And the discussion of having a PhD in Nursing and making over $200k in a year! :eek: I'm sorry to say but irrespective of how many hours worked or your level of certification, you can not skew the salary range in Nursing!

Now if the forum member had mentioned the person was a private contractor who owned & ran an agency which supplied nurses, that would have been correct.

I once met a Nigerian in the USA who owned an Ice Cream company. He was making more than $200k more like $500k per year. And the beauty of the story was he once drove an Ice Cream Van for the same company before he bought the company.

There is money to be made irrespective of an economic recession or boom.
Just read and understand as much of the industry you want to work in before you make the decision.

Geeting an SSN

Well done everyone in this forum.

I am wasting here! can some one advice or give me a solution to my problem? I arrived US on Saturday April 19, 2008. Went to Social Security Office on Monday, April 21, 2008 and was told to come back in 10 days, that the immigration has not keyed in my data in their system. Is this the same story elsewhere? Iam in Alabama and came in thru Atlanta Airport.

I can't look for work, I can't go for driving, nothing, nothing, nothing, just in doors or look walk around the neighbourhood.

Well done everyone in this forum.

I am wasting here! can some one advice or give me a solution to my problem? I arrived US on Saturday April 19, 2008. Went to Social Security Office on Monday, April 21, 2008 and was told to come back in 10 days, that the immigration has not keyed in my data in their system. Is this the same story elsewhere? Iam in Alabama and came in thru Atlanta Airport.

I can't look for work, I can't go for driving, nothing, nothing, nothing, just in doors or look walk around the neighbourhood.

Welcome to America. yup, u have to wait for a while and even if you do get ur SSN today, there isn't much that u can do.

they won!1

Hello House, Good news..Husband and wife brought the white envelop and ask me to confirm if it was real. Loh and Behold it was Kcc Congratulatory Envelop.

they won....!!! they could not hold back their tears of joy as they jump up and down in jubilation..the wife it the winner(applicant) the envelope arrived yesterday 25th April 2008.
Case number is 2009AF00017xx ..what a low number..!

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.