• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

so what did u do while at home and how did you qet a job eventually,
pls d details will be useful, as u would have noticed so many people are confused, with a lot of conflictinq information about yankee

I thought i have told you all that America is not like most pple in naija think. I wish you all Good luck in all your dealings and welcome to America for those that're here already. My cousin's interview is on April 28th and i believe by now he should be ready in all.
Thanks All

I thought i have told you all that America is not like most pple in naija think. I wish you all Good luck in all your dealings and welcome to America for those that're here already. My cousin's interview is on April 28th and i believe by now he should be ready in all.
Thanks All

:Dna wa o I thought i have told you all that America is not like most pple in naija think. americana wetin we qo come do now, different orientation for diff people, so we need a lot of information for ourselves

:Dna wa o I thought i have told you all that America is not like most pple in naija think. americana wetin we qo come do now, different orientation for diff people, so we need a lot of information for ourselves

You can't get it unless u are here. no matter how someone tries to explain stuff to you from here, u cannot get it until you get here.

ONYII do you really mean that onces someone get the interview date from KCC someone can go straight to Kamoras Clinic immediately with the mail and first notification letter and get the medicals started without going to the US embassy to collect the forms since you said the forms are already with them over there at Kamoras clinic.

Please take the mail to US embassy and get the form..
thanks

Haaaba

My Dear American no dey easy as pple think am for Naija.itz better you prepare yourself very very well before coming down here because its no yam ooo,

what exactly is the preparation we are talking about here? is it money wise or what. I think you guys should be open. America no easy no easy which place is ever easy on earth? is it Nigeria? I think who soever is changing location, should have it in his mind that it wont be all that smooth for a start.
OR Do We forget coming to US and try some thing else??

My Dear American no dey easy as pple think am for Naija.itz better you prepare yourself very very well before coming down here because its no yam ooo,

what exactly is the preparation we are talking about here? is it money wise or what. I think you guys should be open. America no easy no easy which place is ever easy on earth? is it Nigeria? I think who soever is changing location, should have it in his mind that it wont be all that smooth for a start.

The difference b/w Nigeria and the US is that there are alot more oppurtunities here than in Nigeria. it dosen't mean that u'll be making too much money to be sending cars back home but u should be able to feed urself if u work hard.

The difference b/w Nigeria and the US
THERE ARE PLENTY AND VARIETIES OF FOOD IN USA AND ARE VERY CHEAP.HOUSING AMENITIES,ELECTRONICS,CARS,LOOKS CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE ALSO.THERE ARE GOOD HEALTH CARE,CLEAN WATER,GUD ROADS,GUD SECURITY ETC.THERE ARE ACCOMMODATION,BUT RENTAGE MAY COST AS FROM 700 DOLLARS 4 1BR.BEFORE YOU CAN RENT A HOUSE,YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD CREDIT HISTORY,AND THAT WILL TAKE UP TO SIX OR MORE MONTHS,AND YOUR STAY HERE MAY LOOK WORTHLESS IF WHO IS ACCOMMODATING YOU IS NOT THE UNDERSTANDING TYPE.
WHEN YOU CUM,BE PREPARED TO WASTE AT LEAST 2 MONTHS TO GET UR SSN,B4 U CAN WORK.IRRESPECTIVE OF UR DEGREE,YOU WILL BE REDUCED TO SQUARE ZERO IN AMERICA,AND DONT MIND ANY JOB ,JUST START WITH IT TO BUILD UR CREDIT.FROM XPERIENCE,FOR BIGGINNERS,AFTER TAX PAYING,ACCOMMODATION RENT,FEEDING,YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SAFE MAYBE 500USD.IT MAY BE MORE PROFFITABLE COUPLES,COS TWO HEADS AT TIMES THEY SAY IS BETTER THAN ONE. BUT DONT BE DISCOURAGE OR DISTRESSED IF TINS ARE NOT WORKING THE WAY YOU THINK OF IT BEFORE YOU CUM.AND HERE IS WHERE YOU WISDOM AND CALCULATIONS COME TO PLAY
AS YOU CARRY OUT UR DAILY ROUTINE,YU BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND AMERICA AND WHAT IS XPECTED IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED HERE.FROM MY FEASIBILITY STUDIES ,THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE MAIN JOBS HERE THAT ARE HIGH PAYING AND ARE IN HIGH DEMAND.....,BUT YOU MUST ACHIEVE CERTAIN LEVEL OF EDUCATION HERE IRRESPECTIVE OF UR CERT.YU CUM HERE WITH.ASK QUESTIONS AND LET THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LONG TIME DIRECT YOU,WHEN NECESSARY.IF YOU ARE THE TYPE THAT IS GOAL ORIENTED,EDUCATION LOVER,AND MAY NOT LIKE WHERE YOU MAY BASE IN USA,FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT GABOBRI76@YAHOO.COM.
FINALLY,IT,S DIFFICULT TO SUCCEED WITH YAHOOZEE HERE COS OF STIFF SECURITY NETWORK.YOU SUCCEED WEN YOU PLAN WELL,BE PATIENT,FOCUSED AND KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE.
I HOPE THIS ADVICE MAY HELP A LITTLE TO SOME.
CASE NUMBER----------2008AF00022X
LOCATION--------------CALIFORNIA

Yes i know

You can't get it unless u are here. no matter how someone tries to explain stuff to you from here, u cannot get it until you get here.

quy, we all are aware dat, but little information is ok,
like d job thinq, some people belive dat as a new peron you will ave to qo tru aqencies, wat is d implication, just dose few tips

America no easy no easy which place is ever easy on earth? is it Nigeria?

you make me laf well well, im qo easy in jesus name

you are talkinq

The difference b/w Nigeria and the US
THERE ARE PLENTY AND VARIETIES OF FOOD IN USA AND ARE VERY CHEAP.HOUSING AMENITIES,ELECTRONICS,CARS,LOOKS CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE ALSO.THERE ARE GOOD HEALTH CARE,CLEAN WATER,GUD ROADS,GUD SECURITY ETC.THERE ARE ACCOMMODATION,BUT RENTAGE MAY COST AS FROM 700 DOLLARS 4 1BR.BEFORE YOU CAN RENT A HOUSE,YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD CREDIT HISTORY,AND THAT WILL TAKE UP TO SIX OR MORE MONTHS,AND YOUR STAY HERE MAY LOOK WORTHLESS IF WHO IS ACCOMMODATING YOU IS NOT THE UNDERSTANDING TYPE.
WHEN YOU CUM,BE PREPARED TO WASTE AT LEAST 2 MONTHS TO GET UR SSN,B4 U CAN WORK.IRRESPECTIVE OF UR DEGREE,YOU WILL BE REDUCED TO SQUARE ZERO IN AMERICA,AND DONT MIND ANY JOB ,JUST START WITH IT TO BUILD UR CREDIT.FROM XPERIENCE,FOR BIGGINNERS,AFTER TAX PAYING,ACCOMMODATION RENT,FEEDING,YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SAFE MAYBE 500USD.IT MAY BE MORE PROFFITABLE COUPLES,COS TWO HEADS AT TIMES THEY SAY IS BETTER THAN ONE. BUT DONT BE DISCOURAGE OR DISTRESSED IF TINS ARE NOT WORKING THE WAY YOU THINK OF IT BEFORE YOU CUM.AND HERE IS WHERE YOU WISDOM AND CALCULATIONS COME TO PLAY
AS YOU CARRY OUT UR DAILY ROUTINE,YU BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND AMERICA AND WHAT IS XPECTED IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED HERE.FROM MY FEASIBILITY STUDIES ,THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE MAIN JOBS HERE THAT ARE HIGH PAYING AND ARE IN HIGH DEMAND.....,BUT YOU MUST ACHIEVE CERTAIN LEVEL OF EDUCATION HERE IRRESPECTIVE OF UR CERT.YU CUM HERE WITH.ASK QUESTIONS AND LET THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LONG TIME DIRECT YOU,WHEN NECESSARY.IF YOU ARE THE TYPE THAT IS GOAL ORIENTED,EDUCATION LOVER,AND MAY NOT LIKE WHERE YOU MAY BASE IN USA,FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT GABOBRI76@YAHOO.COM.
FINALLY,IT,S DIFFICULT TO SUCCEED WITH YAHOOZEE HERE COS OF STIFF SECURITY NETWORK.YOU SUCCEED WEN YOU PLAN WELL,BE PATIENT,FOCUSED AND KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE.
I HOPE THIS ADVICE MAY HELP A LITTLE TO SOME.
CASE NUMBER----------2008AF00022X
LOCATION--------------CALIFORNIA

you are my quy, talkinq from expericience and your own view, dese are d stuff we expect so dat we can compare and qive qood advice

but my man california dey expensive o, i no sabi if dat na ur final destination, but u ave qot to tink about it, california is indeed expensive, anyway dats my view,
jonkent wat do u feel
onyii wat a quan, u just pack me for one side, dats not qood o:D

but my man california dey expensive o, i no sabi if dat na ur final destination, but u ave qot to tink about it, california is indeed expensive, anyway dats my view,
PLEASE,MR MODEST WHICH OF THE CITIES DO YOU THINK IS LESS EXPENSIVE TO STAY

California is one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S.If you can afford it, go for it. Am signing a 13wk contract with a company in San Francisco area so, i'll be there Mid July and for 13 wks.
If you don't have a really good job that pays well, CA will be a very rough place for ya.

just my observation

PLEASE,MR MODEST WHICH OF THE CITIES DO YOU THINK IS LESS EXPENSIVE TO STAY

dallas, rhode island, ohio atlanta etc

yeah

Ohio is too cold during the Winter. Snows alot too. I do like Ohio but just don't like winter up there

so what will you say about chikago, if u ave a life dere it is cool

you see from my little experience people is US do better with d rite infor and people, Tank Lord for dis forum and people like you

I just hope we are learninq a lot

so what will you say about chikago, if u ave a life dere it is cool

you see from my little experience people is US do better with d rite infor and people, Tank Lord for dis forum and people like you

I just hope we are learninq a lot

To be honest with ya, there isn't any place in the US that i would say is a bad place to live at. it just depends on what kind of live and job that u are looking for. Someone would like places like Utah because of the affordability and the next person might love NY because of all the whole drama going on 24/7. just make the best out of anywhere u find urself. U learn more about stuff when u are here and living the american life.

Help on choice of state

Good day to all the housemates.

We received our visas yesterday 10/03/08. departure may be Apl/may.

In my D230 form, i filled Florida as my state, but during the interview the man who was to be our sponsor refused to send us the necessary document.We made contacts and got it from Alabama, though they did not request for the document during the interview. Now! the Visas are out and the Florida Address was what they filled as our state of resident. I need to know which of this states is best for JJC in the USA. Someone please help as soon as possible.

To be honest with ya, there isn't any place in the US that i would say is a bad place to live at. it just depends on what kind of live and job that u are looking for. Someone would like places like Utah because of the affordability and the next person might love NY because of all the whole drama going on 24/7. just make the best out of anywhere u find urself. U learn more about stuff when u are here and living the american life.

person might love NY because of all the whole drama going on 24/7. dat is a qood lanquaqe for dat city

congratz

Good day to all the housemates.

We received our visas yesterday 10/03/08. departure may be Apl/may.

In my D230 form, i filled Florida as my state, but during the interview the man who was to be our sponsor refused to send us the necessary document.We made contacts and got it from Alabama, though they did not request for the document during the interview. Now! the Visas are out and the Florida Address was what they filled as our state of resident. I need to know which of this states is best for JJC in the USA. Someone please help as soon as possible.

conqratulations first

you see, any state is ok, from my experience i will advice Texas, life is relatively afordable and you can qet jobs, baltimore is ok, maryland is ok.
but you need to know someone who can accomodate you for at least 3 week for you to be able to settle in,

in prince george county in maryland, there are apartments that you can rent and the first month will be free, if you get a job in d second month of your arrival, you may be a ble to do well, jut be focused and mix wit d rite set of people

conqratulations first

you see, any state is ok, from my experience i will advice Texas, life is relatively afordable and you can qet jobs, baltimore is ok, maryland is ok.
but you need to know someone who can accomodate you for at least 3 week for you to be able to settle in,

in prince george county in maryland, there are apartments that you can rent and the first month will be free, if you get a job in d second month of your arrival, you may be a ble to do well, jut be focused and mix wit d rite set of people

i guess the supposedly job in the 2nd month is at Mcdonald as a dish washer as they probably won't let you take orders because of your african accent.haha