• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Re:Syntaxpro

JohnKent, I think we should save this fellow the stress of going through this thread by answering his questions.

As regard the Yellow form you need to bother yourself as it is not necessary, but you may find it in the DV 2008 Instruction/Guide Form 900...

If the Medical form is not included in your package, just go straight to KAMORASS Clinic where your Medical Examination will be carried out and you will be given the form to fill.

Please take your time and go through the DV 2008 Guide. Answers to all your question is there. Good luck.

watz up? Have you had your interview? Coz your case numbr is low and your user signature isn't saying so. If you have, can you edit your signature, so we know how to relate with you?

Regards.

At least for a start. Your "isn't that bad" rings a bell. Can you throw more light?

its not like Michigan were unemployment rate is too high. it was an okay place the few wks that i stayed there. lots of good job i would say just like most places in the states.

Chacho, where are thou?

I am beginning to worry about you. You have been too silent. I hope you have resolved the case with the embassy. Onyii too has disappeared. Please you guys we need you, there is no doubt about that. A beg make una show face now.

Re: Interview Experience

Please accept my heart-felt felicitations on this good success.
Please address some issues:
1] Do you remember your window number?
2]Is the woman in window #12 still there?
She grilled many of my country-men with tough academic questions including trying to solve algebra.
3]So they did not ask you academic questions?
4]Did you hear what they asked other people? Can you give us details?
5]So they accept any 5 credits without English? What of mathematics?
6]Why do they need NPC certificate for the children when they have government registry birth certificates? Why only the children/ What of the parents?

Congratulations!!! I think they gave you real Valentines day treatment and gift. God bless you.

Answers:
1. My window was Window 7
2. I didnt think of any person in Win 12
3. No Academic questions, except asking how many credits on each waec cert.
4. Not much, but questions that day was short and most people went out with smiling faces.
5. Yes! they accepted 5 credits irrespective of the subjects.
6. I submited the normal hospital birth certificate, but they insisted on National Population Certificate of Birth, which I just submited today Feb. 22, 2008.

Thanks to everyone. I guess it's the Lords doing, because I really prayed and fasted. I use to be big, but now it has helped me lose some weight.

I will be picking up my visa in about two weeks from today (March 10, 2008).

God bless everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Answers:
4. Not much, but questions that day was short and most people went out with smiling faces.
6. I submited the normal hospital birth certificate, but they insisted on National Population Certificate of Birth, which I just submited today Feb. 22, 2008.

Thanks to everyone. I guess it's the Lords doing, because I really prayed and fasted. I use to be big, but now it has helped me lose some weight.

God bless everyone.

Congrats moon&star
i have a question for you;when you were going for your interview is it the your normal hospital birth certificate you took along for yourself and your husband or you did a new NPC birth certificate for yourselves and husband without doing one for your child?

Take ur time bro!

My sister just received her interview letter for the DV 2008 which is slated to hold on the 10th of March 2008 but she is confused as to how to get some of the required documents. The first is Yellow form, how can she go about getting it here in Nigeria? Then the medicals of which its form has been sent, when and where is it expected to be done (is there any particular hospital in Nigeria that the embassy uses?). I will be much delighted if these questions are answered.

Hello bro,pls take your time to read through this forum.all ur Q have been answered b4 now.

Congrats!

Answers:

God bless everyone.

Congrats!

Thanks

Answers:

God bless everyone.
Thanks for the response. I wish you Godspeed.

Re: Interview Experience

Congrats moon&star
i have a question for you;when you were going for your interview is it the your normal hospital birth certificate you took along for yourself and your husband or you did a new NPC birth certificate for yourselves and husband without doing one for your child?

Yes! I did NPC Birth Attestation for my husband and myself from our place of birth being Enugu State and took hospital birth cert. for my kids. While the children own is main Birth Cert. which i collected from NPC HQ in Abuja being their place of birth.

hi everybody in the house ,do anyone know direct phone number contact of the embassy of USA in Nigeria.if any ,pls kindly paste it 4 me pls.it is urgent.thanks.
case no:200800000***
Neyo, Waddup? Did you call the Embassy? If you do what was their reponse? Any Luck as per your case. Pls let me know how you get on.

no new things

hi syntaxpro, i call the embassy but their is no new thing,they only refferedme back to their website which i have known before by their automated machine.i mean thier lagoscons2@state.gov.i have been sending mail to this site almost every day but no reply 4rm them i think we gotto go to the embassy by ourself or what do u think bro?::)

am sorry...

Hello every body,
I am so sorry to be out off communication for some time now. am really doing all i can to see that i come back to live but it has not been easy. all this while i have been coming in and out reading your different posts. but i find it difficult to say any thing with the intention that i will soon get connected and start from where i stopped. But the more i wait the longer is becoming. Menn i miss u all sweetiesss...thanks to those of u who cares to remember and ask after me..I appreciate... Uncle modest and the rest of u ..
New faces are here doing all good...i like it.. every body should carry on his or her good works.. congrats to those who have gone for their interview.
those of you with high number please don't panic take your time and go through the 2007 dv pages compare it with what is happening you know that is just the same thing. It will get to your turn...:)

Niyi,
Just a piece of advice...if you got a congrat letter telling you that you won a visa lottery 2008. You will surely make it to the God's own country as most nigerians call it (AMERICA). Just chill and start to get stuffs required for interview ready. Don;t be pushy calling or writing to embassy or websites. All they will do if they keep seeing your email is to iggy the crap. Since they call for interview according to your Case number...you might want to call this number to know the status of your case number +1606-526-7500 (option number 1). Remember to have your case number, DOB and of course your full name. This will tell your next procedure to your case than calling or writing to embassy everyday. Mind you America is not like you think...you have to work your buuut off to get whatever you need.This is a credit controlled country and legally controlled and enforced. Nothing like ...LET ME DO IT ON MY OWN WAY.
In other words,,,,,this is just a piece of advice.Also you might want to start getting your baptism card, police report, the money involved, etc ready b/4 they call you for interview. FYI follow the number i gave you above and you will surely come here if you qualify for the requirements. I have two cousins who won a visa lottery. All i did was to sit at home and call the number,even they will send you any form you need to your home. One of them is having an interview on April 28th and the other would be in next badge like DV kcc told me when i called today (02/25/08)/
Just chill...you all will surely come to America.
Goodluck to you all.
Thanks

Niyi,
Just a piece of advice...if you got a congrat letter telling you that you won a visa lottery 2008. You will surely make it to the God's own country as most nigerians call it (AMERICA). Just chill and start to get stuffs required for interview ready. Don;t be pushy calling or writing to embassy or websites. All they will do if they keep seeing your email is to iggy the crap. Since they call for interview according to your Case number...you might want to call this number to know the status of your case number +1606-526-7500 (option number 1). Remember to have your case number, DOB and of course your full name. This will tell your next procedure to your case than calling or writing to embassy everyday. Mind you America is not like you think...you have to work your buuut off to get whatever you need.This is a credit controlled country and legally controlled and enforced. Nothing like ...LET ME DO IT ON MY OWN WAY.
In other words,,,,,this is just a piece of advice.Also you might want to start getting your baptism card, police report, the money involved, etc ready b/4 they call you for interview. FYI follow the number i gave you above and you will surely come here if you qualify for the requirements. I have two cousins who won a visa lottery. All i did was to sit at home and call the number,even they will send you any form you need to your home. One of them is having an interview on April 28th and the other would be in next badge like DV kcc told me when i called today (02/25/08)/
Just chill...you all will surely come to America.
Goodluck to you all.
Thanks
Eudechime,

I think Niyi's case is different. He's once attended Interview before and waiting for a reinvitation. His case is currently undergoing review since November 2007 i guess. I will advise he relax and wait for the outcome of the AP.

hi syntaxpro, i call the embassy but their is no new thing,they only refferedme back to their website which i have known before by their automated machine.i mean thier lagoscons2@state.gov.i have been sending mail to this site almost every day but no reply 4rm them i think we gotto go to the embassy by ourself or what do u think bro?::)
Neyo, relax as i said earlier, there's no course for alarm. If you know your documents are okay you need to to nuture any fear. My own case is similar to yours and i'm yet to receive their call. Though, the letter given to us stated the AP could average up to six (6) months. It's just the 3rd month. Just send them emails once in every 21days I'm sure they will revisit our case. The last email i received from lagoscons2@state.gov said our case is still under review. What does your letter says?

Birth Certificate

House members that have gone for their interviews is it your normal hospital birth certificate at birth you took along for yourself and your wife or did you get a fresh new NPC birth certificate for yourselves?

House members that have gone for their interviews is it your normal hospital birth certificate at birth you took along for yourself and your wife or did you get a fresh new NPC birth certificate for yourselves?

In my case I made fresh NPC birth certificate for myself and my husband. I advice you go with all the birth certificate you have i.e. Hospital, Baptismal and NPC birth certificates, let them make their choice.

In my case I made fresh NPC birth certificate for myself and my husband. I advice you go with all the birth certificate you have i.e. Hospital, Baptismal and NPC birth certificates, let them make their choice.

Thanks moon&star for the info i will get the NPC birth certificate soonest for us both,but please something bothers me.i leave in Lagos and my place of birth is Okpe, so can i still get the birth certificate in lagos here since its all the same national document.

Thanks moon&star for the info i will get the NPC birth certificate soonest for us both,but please something bothers me.i leave in Lagos and my place of birth is Okpe, so can i still get the birth certificate in lagos here since its all the same national document.

We got ours from our state of birth. We leave in Abuja but got it from Enugu State. It's an attestation from your state of birth NPC. If Lagos is your state of birth, then go ahead and get it from there, if not and you can't travel, get someone from your state to help you and send it to you.