• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hi houx

Hello to everyone in da houx. Hope all is well with us all, both to those who has received all from KCC and those of US who are still expecting our goodies.
I'll first of all send a congrats' greetings to Thonia for arriving safely, may better things go along with ur success.
I'll also say thank U to Mr Adebayo and shelnkid for having time to answer my question. But I still have this to ask : what kind of support do I need to take along as a single person?
Hope to read from others comment.

Hello

Hello to everyone in da houx. Hope all is well with us all, both to those who has received all from KCC and those of US who are still expecting our goodies.
I'll first of all send a congrats' greetings to Thonia for arriving safely, may better things go along with ur success.
I'll also say thank U to Mr Adebayo and shelnkid for having time to answer my question. But I still have this to ask : what kind of support do I need to take along as a single person?

Good to hear that ur question has been answered, we are waiting and praying for the next bulletin also the nest fasting for the house is in third week, third friday to be specific.

hello

hello guys, sorry i've been away 4so long....been preparing 4my CCNA exams.
God is still with us.

cestmoi
2007af11***
watin 4 2nd package

best of luck

hello guys, sorry i've been away 4so long....been preparing 4my CCNA exams.
God is still with us.

cestmoi
2007af11***
watin 4 2nd package
wishing you the best, pls read well and pass well, and prepare for your interview as ur number may be current in may

Bros,
i think you have answer to your question in this trend, just take some time and read from begining , then some other issues will even be more clearer.
I hope this has helped.
Best of luck.

Hello Everybody,
I just want to say that the LOrd that have done it for 2tee and thonia and even myself who have got a successful interview though i am yet to pick up our visa,will do every other persons in the house easy in Jesus name amen. I just want to say that we should continue this forum even after we get to the states. Pls be confident the Lord is on the throne and he is watching to help our weekness. All of you taht i are still expecting your letter relax for the lord that has started a good thing will surely perfect it. cheers.

congrat

am so happy to hear that people re progressing in this our forum and i will like to say congrat to u all that have succeded in ur interview and those that have mad their trip to yankee......congratulation once again am so happy for u guys and we that re still on the way lets keep hoping to God almighty is all about turn by turn it will get to we all,i have being going through the forum almost everyday taking my time to study what was on ground but kept speechless cos i have nothing to say yet untill then.one love to my good fellas.:)

obinna

am so happy to hear that people re progressing in this our forum and i will like to say congrat to u all that have succeded in ur interview and those that have mad their trip to yankee......congratulation once again am so happy for u guys and we that re still on the way lets keep hoping to God almighty is all about turn by turn it will get to we all,i have being going through the forum almost everyday taking my time to study what was on ground but kept speechless cos i have nothing to say yet untill then.one love to my good fellas.:)

Hello Obinna,
Its nice hearing from u again.How far with your resheduled interview?Have u been to the embassy for the resheduled interview?
Pls let us know the outcome in the forum as we shall continue praying for ur success.
Best of luck.

Thank You

My fellow country people,
Let me start by saying,GOD bless the day I saw the heading" I will like all DV winners from Nigeria to meet......" and I am so happy to be a member of this great forum.
I don't know what would have happened if I did not find this forum.

A BIG thank you goes to jrcies for starting up this thread.
As a matter of fact, I owe my visa to jrcies.
Jrcies,I don't know if it will be OK for me to get to know in person.

I know the rest of you in the forum will be wondering what I am talking about here.
Jrcies has been of a great help to me and I can not hide that fact but to acknowledge her effort.
Guys I made blunders in filling out the forms sent to me by KCC, it was not an obvious error though.

My advise for those of you who are yet to interviewed is to double check your forms again...I mean the copied copy.

I ought to have had my interview by November but just because I messed up my forms by not filling the appropriate column or so.
I did not know all these until I mailed jrcies and we started mailing each other as I often had one question or so for her almost every day.

One thing that surprised me most about her is that she replies my mail promptly without complaining, I must say if na me it will be hard for me to do all what she did for me oooooo... I no go lie!!!

I just want to say thank you jrcies for all you have done for me...like I say before, I would like to meet you in person, you are such a person with a great heart.

Member, I thank Una too for all your contributions, I benefit from am too...

Maureen

Let me start by saying,GOD bless the day I saw the heading" I will like all DV winners from Nigeria to meet......" and I am so happy to be a member of this great forum.

I know the rest of you in the forum will be wondering what I am talking about here.
Jrcies has been of a great help to me and I can not hide that fact but to acknowledge her effort.
Guys I made blunders in filling out the forms sent to me by KCC, it was not an obvious error though.

My advise for those of you who are yet to interviewed is to double check your forms again...I mean the copied copy.

I ought to have had my interview by November but just because I messed up my forms by not filling the appropriate column or so.
I did not know all these until I mailed jrcies and we started mailing each other as I often had one question or so for her almost every day.

One thing that surprised me most about her is that she replies my mail promptly without complaining, I must say if na me it will be hard for me to do all what she did for me oooooo... I no go lie!!!

I just want to say thank you jrcies for all you have done for me...like I say before, I would like to meet you in person, you are such a person with a great heart.

Maureen

Yes my brother!
destiny has really done it for you. Congrats!

Hi everyone,
Is it possible for me to travel to another country after receiving the immigrant visa. Although I have not received my visa yet, I am concerned because my job entails travelling overseas quite often. I am afraid of travelling to another country after receiving the visa. Would I be allowed to enter the US if the visa(s) of another country/countries is/are issued after I receive the immigrant visa? What are the implications? Please advise!

HI Houx

Hello everybody in da houx. It nice reading a from those who has succeded in getting the visa.
Can anyone answer this question -if you're ask :Why do you want to go to US?
Just a way of making the houx more lively again by finding answers to some those question that were asked at the interview.
Have a nice weekend.

Yes

Hi everyone,
Is it possible for me to travel to another country after receiving the immigrant visa. Although I have not received my visa yet, I am concerned because my job entails travelling overseas quite often. I am afraid of travelling to another country after receiving the visa. Would I be allowed to enter the US if the visa(s) of another country/countries is/are issued after I receive the immigrant visa? What are the implications? Please advise!

First, you can travel to any where after receiving the immgrant visa.
your immigrant visa expires after 6 months, so wherever you are you should enter the United states before the expiration of your visa

After you have recieved your Green card in the states, you can leave the united states but not more than a period of 12 months, if you know you will stay more than 12 months outside america, you will have to get a permission from the necessary quaters, (i.e. as a green card holder), but if you become a citizen you can go to any where for any period of time without hazzles

I hope this will help you

HELLO, WE LOVE UR APPRECIATION, PLS LET US HAVE MORE DETAILS, SO THAT OTHERS CAN BENEFIT FROM UR EXPERINCE.
THANKS

As a matter of fact, no questions were ask.
All the guy did was to double check the info I had originally on the application forms.
And he asked me to present a copy of the email I sent to KCC to effect the changes I made on the forms.
Thank God jrcies asked me to print them out incase I was asked about that, so that came in handy when I was asked to produce it.

I would advise anyone going for his/her interview to be bold and should keep smiling at the person interviewing him/her.

Thank you all,

Maureen

Maureen,
Thank you so much the good and kind words you have said about me, I must be candid, I am quite flattered. I must say though, It's a honour to be able to lend a helping hand to someone in time of need.
I am so happy for you that you have finally gottin the Visa, all the sleepless nite of prayers paid off afterall.

Just make sure when next you have forms to fill...just don't rush into filling them all out...go through it over and over and make a specimen copy, filling that first and still go through it over and over before finally attempting to fill the real one.

As for seeing me in person, that opportunity will come someday, I will keep you posted on that.

Enjoy your new status...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Hi Migo,
You can travel anywhere you want and still enter the U.S. so long as it is within 6 months of receiving your immigrant visa. Some countries are however on the U.S. "no travel" list [I think like Cuba, Iran and North Korea].

salam uallay kun everbody

hi every body,hope we all enjoy our week end.for those that have gone for their interview,this question goes to u.during the day of ur interview i want to believe u will have nothing less 20 dv winners coming for interview for that day,my question goes this way,wat are other people experience like from the look of things, are they giving out the visa, wat are the questions u over heared the consular asking them and wat was there responds like.just to use these to evaluate the rate at which they are releasing the visa.
secondly for everybody with high case number my observtion goes this way.during the cause of my research.ordinarrily from kcc,not more than 7% of the available visa are alocated to a particular country which is 3500,but i deduce out from my research that in 2 different past yrs, nigeria has more 7% around 38** so also goes for ethopia,so no cause for alarm so far u meet the criteria it will surely get to us with high case number.
And if we look at the statistic table there was never a year that the whole visa was issued out even in nigeria with 3500 aportion to us with exception of one to two years in the last 12yrs that we have more than 3500 other years it is always between 2600 and 3200.
with all this deductions i want to believe we will all be interviewed let wait for the next bulletin to see wat will happen bicos is time the number have to be jumping not moving.wishing every body all the best.maa salam

Advance Notification Of The Diversity (dv) Immigrant Category Rank Cut-offs Which Wil

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Hello Everyvody, bulletin for May is out and here the result,

AFRICA 20,550 Except:
Ethiopia 17,100
Nigeria 12,375

ASIA 5,825

EUROPE 16,000 Except:
Ukraine 11,100

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7

OCEANIA 900

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,450

Waiting, Waiting, Na wah ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh