DUI & Name Check

uhbiv

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Does DUI arrest/conviction/plea bargained for a gross misdemeanor/max sentence less than 365 days/did not go to jail/more than 4 yrs ago have any bearing on NC? My wife's NC has been cleared. Both of us applied in Oct & mine is still pending.
Do I hit the panic button now and get in touch with the congressman/senator or is it still within "(ab)normal" NC wait times?
Pls throw some light.

Also IO told me that FP has cleared for both self & spouse.

Don't think DUI would show up in your FBI name check process, unless it was part of an FBI investigation which is rather unlikely.

It will pop up in your FBI fingerprint check though. Not sure if IO meant your FP was actually "cleared" or just "received," because FBI only sent the result back to the USCIS and is not involved in judging your immigration case. An USCIS officer will review your case, including the DUI incident, when it is time to process your case. From your description, it is probably not quite there yet. However, the worst case is that they will call you into an interview where you can explain the situation and present documents. DUI alone shouldn't be the cause for denial of your application.