• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS-260 Current / Previous Employment questions

guestgulkan

I'm just fiddling around with my DS-260 and have a question for the wise people here.

There is a section "Present Work/Education/Training Information" where I've put my current employer with address. The next section is "Previous Work/Education/Training Information"

It says "Provide the following information on all of your employers from the last ten years, starting with the most recent employer."

Do I need to put my current employer details in this list as well?

The odd thing to me is, they ask for phone number and supervisors name for previous employment but not current employment? It seems weird to me they want more detail for old jobs than the current job.

I had the same question because I tried to put in my current employer, but it asks for an end date. It won't allow a 'present' answer.

I figured that this section is for everything BEFORE your current role.

But it's a weird section, that's for sure. You have to provide more details on your employer from ten years ago (phone number, supervisor) than you do for your current employer (which I would have thought would have been just as, if not more, important).

This DS260 - I'm glad I'm taking my time working through it.

Last edited:
I am guessing they can more easily verify your current work status through background checks than prior jobs. And yes they do do background checks - I am not sure how in-depth they go for 'normal' people and it is partly dependent on how cooperative the authorities of the country are (if they are very uncooperative I think that is when you tend to see lots of AP as well eg Iran). KCC does the preliminary checking and the embassy does more. I have seen reports of eg going and questioning neighbors in cases where they suspect a green card marriage. So it can get pretty hands-on.

Back to the jobs thing, I think it is also just a case of seeing there are no unexplained gaps in time in your background.

I've had three employers (including my current one) in the last ten years. I ended up emailing my two former employers to ask what my dates were, my exact titles as they had them recorded, just because I wanted to make sure I had every detail right.

From what you're saying Susie, I'm glad I have done that!

Oh, I don't know if exact dates matter, and many people may have a month or two off between jobs, more like a year or so unexplained ... (like jail time or terrorist training or...)

I'm just fiddling around with my DS-260 and have a question for the wise people here.

There is a section "Present Work/Education/Training Information" where I've put my current employer with address. The next section is "Previous Work/Education/Training Information"

It says "Provide the following information on all of your employers from the last ten years, starting with the most recent employer."

Do I need to put my current employer details in this list as well?

The odd thing to me is, they ask for phone number and supervisors name for previous employment but not current employment? It seems weird to me they want more detail for old jobs than the current job.

exactly the same error I had yesterday evening when I was trying to fill out my DS 260.how you figured out with this problem????