DS-230 Part II (We are Canadian citizens)

Andre Rom

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I would like to know if I need to mail DS-230 Part II together with Part I or we will present it at the time of the interview.

We did not receive yet this form, last week our sponsor mailed the I-864.

If I understand correctly the next step it will be to receive "Packet 3" which will incude DS form, please confirm.

Anyone knows the approximate time will take to receive this package and also the time will take after we mail the package and receive an invitation to Montreal interview?

Thank you for all the replies.

Andre

Send botht he parts

hi,

you have to mail in both the parts. for more details you can go to www.travel.state.gov and for your embassy which is montreal you can see what do u you have to do more.

Please keep a copy ( xerox) of the froms you send and all the feees.

Jignesh

Hi jigneshonelove,

Thanks for reply.

Any idea if we (as a family) will be invited to an interview if one of us has an interdiction to enter US for the next "x" years?

Hello,

The main applicant is my wife (sister of American citizen). I got the interdiction for 10 years (one year ago), but is all a misunderstanding, I presented the case to US embassy in Ottawa 3 weeks ago, they agree with me but they can not do anything because they are not part of immigration. They suggested to try at a POE (port of entry) and talk with the person in charge over there. I will do that this week.

We are from Eastern Europe.

In 94 we entered US as tourists and apply for political asylum. After asylum procedure were denied, we got approved for voluntary departure (VD) not later then Dec 98.

Meanwhile we apply for Canada and immigrated in Canada in Nov 98 (before VD date). As soon we got in Canada we went to US consulate and ask them to mail a note to immigration judge in US who issued the VD order, they refused based on the fact that mailing is not mandatory.

After 3 years we went back to US consulate and received US visitor visa on our passports (with a note that the 3-year ban was done).

Soon after we become Canadian Citizens and we entered US with out a visa on regular bases.

Last year, while I was trying to cross the border, I was stopped for a routine check, after 3 hours waiting, I been served with a 10 years ban, based on the decision of the Immigration Judge who issued that based on the fact that he did not receive any prove that I left US before VD due date!

I returned next day, showing all the documentation proving that I respected the terms. they just shake their heads and told me that they can not do anything because the Immigration Judge is in Texas.