?????ds-230 part 1 questions???????

NJS

Registered Users (C)
I was in US on F1 and H1b for nearly 8 years.
Q.1 about VISITS or residence in US - I have been on short vacations - few weeks from US. These are not visits to US but Visits to India. So can i just put general residence in different states on F1 and H1 for those eight years or do I have to say "I left US on x day of y month to x day of z month over eight years"?(this will be a long list.)
Q.2 Does all the work experiences list for the last 10 years have to be substantiated by experience letters ? I do not have experience letters from all the companies that I worked with (atleast not originals).
Q.3 Do we have to send experience leetsers with p3 to nvc?

No Title

I was in US on F1 and H1b for nearly 8 years.
    Q.1 about VISITS or residence in US - I have been on short vacations - few weeks from US. These are not visits to US but Visits to India. So can i just put general
    residence in different states on F1 and H1 for those eight years or do I have to say "I left US on x day of y month to x day of z month over eight years"?(this will be
    a long list.)

Ans: I had a similar situation with too many vacations to India in last 6 years. My lawyer said making a single entry is fine as long as you didn\'t have extended stay outside US. so I put "1995-present", locations x and y, "F1 and H1B"

they didn\'t have any problems with it.

However, i remember reading in a recent post that under the new procedure, NVC sent P3 back with an RFE for this question (maybe other question, I don\'t remember it clearly).

Q.2 Does all the work experiences list for the last 10 years have to be substantiated by experience letters ? I do not have experience letters from all the
    companies that I worked with (atleast not originals).

Ans: Try to get letters as far as possible. But definitely try to get those experience letters for which you had H1 or the experience which was mentioned in your LC as job requirement.

Q.3 Do we have to send experience leetsers with p3 to nvc?

Ans: I don\'t know the new procedure, can\'t help you there.

No need to send letters

Just for the last point, there is no need to send the experience letter with the Packet-3. I expect you have already sent photocopies at the time of I-140. (If you have not, then might make sense to send the copies now, but definitely hold on to the originals).

The other points, I concur with ShriGanesh\'s reply.