Drivers License Renewal in New Jersey

skgeet

Registered Users (C)
My H1-B extension is presently pending approval from INS. My current H1-B expires on May 31 ,2004. I went to the department of motor vehicle in New Jersey with the acknowledgement receipt from INS but renewal of my Driving License was still refused on the grounds that I did not have approval documents from INS.
Can somebody please advise as to what could be done to get at least three months extension on my driving License. I anticipate that by then I will have approval documents from INS. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay Geet

Originally posted by skgeet
My H1-B extension is presently pending approval from INS. My current H1-B expires on May 31 ,2004. I went to the department of motor vehicle in New Jersey with the acknowledgement receipt from INS but renewal of my Driving License was still refused on the grounds that I did not have approval documents from INS.
Can somebody please advise as to what could be done to get at least three months extension on my driving License. I anticipate that by then I will have approval documents from INS. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay Geet

I did it the expensive way. Paid for premium processing of H-1

NJ DMV does not issue Driver Lic if you cant produce valid H1B from INS. You are out of luck.
I was without Lic for 4 months waiting for H1B approval.
Plus pay 100 bucks to get your Lic restored.

i went through this pain and atlast i found a solution from a DMV at 45 Kilmer Road Edison, NJ 08817. They acept my h1 recepit as valid document and gave me an extension for 240 days (8 months). it happend on July 2nd 2010
-saro

Thanks

Sanjay Geet

I am in the same situation right now. My Driving licence expires on Dec 15 2011. H1B approval is still pending(its been 4 months since applied). I went to Rahway DMV but the guys are pretty rude there and completely unhelpful. They dont want to listen to me unless I show them the approval letter from INS. I am not sure if the DMV at kilmer road will renew my licence or not.