driver's license on h4 in illinois

shazbell

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am on H4 visa and trying to get driver's license in Illinois. The following has been my experience.

1) I went to the Chicago West facility. I was denied as I did not have 6 months remaining on my visa. I had to make a trip to India so, after I got the renewal letter from USCIS, I travelled to India and got a new visa stamping. The current visa expires on Nov, 2011.

2) As I have heard bad reviews about the Chicago West facility, I decided to go the Chicago North facility (new facility to issue TVDL). The staff here are really rude and incompetent. Here, I did not pass the homeland security check. So, they asked me to wait for 2 weeks to get the clearance letter. I waited for a month and still have not received this letter by mail. Also, I wasnt sure if the ppl at Chicago North knew what they were doing. They were 4 of them scrutinizing over my passport and trying to figure out what to do.

3) I then decided to try my luck at the Rockford facility, as many ppl i know have got their license from this facility. But I did not pass the homeland security check, and they asked me to wait till i receive the clearance from homeland security :(

Can somebody tell me how long I have to wait to receive this letter? Is there any way to follow up?